Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
PSA: Divine Toll is a 7 mana Pyroblast if your opponent doesn't have any minions and you have at least 1.

This message brought to you jointly by Citizens For Burgle and Citizens Against Guff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

When your RNG machine spits straight Shaman spells from so-far-failed-to-launch archetypes.

In the game before this one I Theotar-traded a Guff back to a Druid who was already fully-Guffed.

Like John Doe offering 2nd helpings of spaghetti in Se7en.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
had multiple people rageclose the game on me tonight after being faced with a wall of imps

is this...is this what it feels like to play a top tier?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Strongly considering pushing for Wild Legend with Big Priest this month given how poo poo my Nathria cards have ended up.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Strongly considering pushing for Wild Legend with Big Priest this month given how poo poo my Nathria cards have ended up.

It's wild. Don't ask for permission. Just add a little sprinkle of meme as contrition for your sins. Toss a cheesemonger or a witch's cauldron in the rez pool and go forth in glory, absolved of guilt.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Victor Vermis posted:

It's wild. Don't ask for permission. Just add a little sprinkle of meme as contrition for your sins. Toss a cheesemonger or a witch's cauldron in the rez pool and go forth in glory, absolved of guilt.

I think that's the high roll.

I felt bad but then I went back to standard and got stomped on by loving freezing skeleton mages.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
drat I'm so fed up of shudderwock decks.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is there a goon HS discord?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I think that's the high roll..

:barf:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

omg chael crash posted:

Is there a goon HS discord?

i wish... i asked a while back and it didn't seem like we had one unfort. :smith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
To those who might be chasing Play Points per my previous effortpost on it, don't be tempted by the "quests" they're putting up. I decided to give it a shot today since they said "100 points or more" and spent 100 points and $3 to complete the quest, only to receive...:downsrim:...100 points back in "reward."

So it's not worth it, since even if you earn 100 points back, you're still out however much they made you spend.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I felt like an absolute boss swapping a piranha swarmer for my opponents Denathrius, and was then completely crushed when he pulled the Uno reverse card and did the same to me the next turn. Especially because he only had 3 cards in hand and I had 7. Evolve Shaman is fun, but man there are a lot of under-statted 7 drops for Tiny Toys to evolve into.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BIG HEADLINE posted:

To those who might be chasing Play Points per my previous effortpost on it, don't be tempted by the "quests" they're putting up. I decided to give it a shot today since they said "100 points or more" and spent 100 points and $3 to complete the quest, only to receive...:downsrim:...100 points back in "reward."

So it's not worth it, since even if you earn 100 points back, you're still out however much they made you spend.

I need to do your play points strategy cause I did get $10 off this expansion from play points without even trying.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Olpainless posted:

drat I'm so fed up of shudderwock decks.

yea i feel ya... i swapped over to wild since i'm getting tired of the rock paper scissors meta in the standard climb and got bodied by a few of these consecutively, and then ran into a wall of reno decks. done with wild for now because nothing is worse than wasting your time playing against people who want to draw out hs matches for 25+ minutes.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Playing Thief Rogue I just took The Countess with Theotar to deny it to my opponent and for some reason I had it in my head that it was "if your deck contains only Paladin cards" so when it lit up a few turns later I had some fun, especially when Contraband Stash replayed two of the invitations.

In the previous game my Thief Rogue opponent killed me on turn four by really hitting the Jackpot. Divine Toll buffed his Gnoll and free spell dude to smash my face, then next turn he Shadowstepped and played Pyroblast. Sometimes you do the RNG, and sometimes the RNG does you.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Degenerate Imp Warlock: turn 1 flame Imp

I, The Dignified Rogue: coin, prep, serrated bone spike the Imp, trickster, smokescreen, summon two 8/8 rushes and a 5/8 taunt

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
At least now board mat... no, I can't even.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
well the imp warlock always has more imps while every rogue deck requires an intricate twelve part combo that bricks easily or runs on literal random bullshit

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

I need to do your play points strategy cause I did get $10 off this expansion from play points without even trying.

Yeah, being it's trivial to get those kinds of discounts. I hardly ever buy anything through the Play Store other than stuff for Hearthstone. If you start on January 1st you can easily get Platinum in a year's time, then keeping Platinum is piss-easy simply by buying Hearthstone stuff during points multiplier bonus events. I had to buy some stuff I didn't want or need at the end of last year to make it, but this year I hit 3000 points last month. Now I have to police myself from buying anything other than what I require because any points *over* 3000 are "wasted" in a sense since you can't roll them over into the next year, which sucks.

I average ~$100-125 in Opinion Rewards per year, plus ~$50-100 extra in Play Points with the bonuses, Friday perk points, and "freebie" points with the trials (always download the apps on WiFi because some of them are 1GB+). Now that I know people are taking advantage of it, every time there's a points multiplier event I'll ping in here.

Hearthstone's expensive enough as-is.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I played some XL Quest Hunter for a daily and queued into two Freeze Mages.

Freeze away, friend. Freeze away.

Poor bastards.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, being it's trivial to get those kinds of discounts. I hardly ever buy anything through the Play Store other than stuff for Hearthstone. If you start on January 1st you can easily get Platinum in a year's time, then keeping Platinum is piss-easy simply by buying Hearthstone stuff during points multiplier bonus events. I had to buy some stuff I didn't want or need at the end of last year to make it, but this year I hit 3000 points last month. Now I have to police myself from buying anything other than what I require because any points *over* 3000 are "wasted" in a sense since you can't roll them over into the next year, which sucks.

I average ~$100-125 in Opinion Rewards per year, plus ~$50-100 extra in Play Points with the bonuses, Friday perk points, and "freebie" points with the trials (always download the apps on WiFi because some of them are 1GB+). Now that I know people are taking advantage of it, every time there's a points multiplier event I'll ping in here.

Hearthstone's expensive enough as-is.
What's the savings on this percentage wise? Is it better than the 18% you get from using Amazon Coins?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Flayer posted:

What's the savings on this percentage wise? Is it better than the 18% you get from using Amazon Coins?

I'd really have to run the numbers, but I can personally say it saves me ~$150/year between Play Points and Opinion Rewards surveys.

That being said, I buy both bundles for each expansion, the Season Passes, and the occasional "yeah, that's a decent deal" ~$20 legendary/pack bundle in the shop. One thing I can say is that I sure as gently caress don't spend ~$2400/yr to keep Platinum status.

As I said previously, I tend to accrue about $35-40 in Opinion Rewards between expansions, and I generally have the better part of 1000 Play Points, which is good for :10bux: off. So given that it's usually ~$110-120 for both bundles, ~$50 off beats 18%, and you also don't have to wait as long for Amazon to update their client download, either. I recently switched my phone client from Amazon to Google because I finally zeroed out my Coin balance. I've also hit ~$10 in Opinion credit just in the past month since buying the bundles, and I'm a 41 year old guy, not an 18-24yo who supposedly get the most surveys.

You also don't *need* to hit Platinum, either. Gold status can be hit during a single points multiplier event. If you spend your Play credit during points multiplier events, it spends like cash so you earn points off of credit.

Lastly, nothing is stopping you from spending the credit on something else. That's where I feel the utility is better than going with Amazon Coins.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 6, 2022

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, Google fixed discount from surveys does sound better unless you're an absurd spender. I'm a fairly light spender - 100-120 off each year from surveys would probably cover almost all spending. Will look into that, and sign up as a 18-24 year old girl obviously just like all my Kik personas.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

This week's Tavern Brawl might be one of my least favorite ones that they repeat all the time. Having people agonize every turn over a discover when all that I want is to get through the game as quickly as possible and earn a pack is the worst.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I liked the one with the actual deckbuilding-as-you-go, that never seems to show up anymore.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
add me cryhavoc#1694 if you just need brawl wins no point wasting time on these rng fests

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Implock is just a better and more refined Treant Druid. Just putting it out there.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Retiring Thief Rogue for the moment after 55 games. Had a 65+% win rate until Plat 3 or so, including a 9 game win streak, but it is getting wrecked on the precipice of Diamond, including a 6 game loss streak. 56% overall win rate.

Previously I experimented with removing the Meastra package (Maestra, Cutlass, Double Agent, Gnoll), but using the greeting emote upon reveal is a pretty key component of playing this deck, so they stay in.

Swashburglar is out because I'd always rather have a discover theft early than a random one.

I only run 1 Hench-Clan Burglar due to the steep cost of 4(!) mana. Will likely take this out for a Murlock Holmes if I'm feeling up to using my brain. Remembering what's in the Theft pool from game to game is already pushing the limits of my memorization skills.

### Full-On TESS
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (2) Jackpot!
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 2x (2) Reconnaissance
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 1x (2) Vanessa VanCleef
# 2x (3) Double Agent
# 1x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 2x (5) Contraband Stash
# 2x (5) Wildpaw Gnoll
# 1x (7) Tess Greymane
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAbORBQaX5wOh+QP7igS42QSLpAWMpAUMvYAE958EuqQEu6QE+6UE7KcE+awEt7ME1bYE9N0Ekt8E+fEEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oenis posted:

I liked the one with the actual deckbuilding-as-you-go, that never seems to show up anymore.

That's one of my all-time favorites. I'd take that as permanent evolving mode over Classic, Battlegrounds, Mercenaries..

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Victor Vermis posted:

That's one of my all-time favorites. I'd take that as permanent evolving mode over Classic, Battlegrounds, Mercenaries..
The Tavern Brawl that I loved but has vanished forever was the very ancient 'Every turn you get a new Hero Power from one of the Adventure bosses'. I don't think I've seen it since TGT, probably since Adventures don't exist any more but I wish we could get it instead of Raven Idols one of these weeks.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
They've assigned someone as a Tavern Brawl person so hopefully we'll see new ones soon.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

too bad, you will get Pogo-Hopper all-star Brawl every other week and you will like it

-Blizzard

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I prefer non-constructed Brawls as they're something relatively quick to play during breaks.

Brawliseum should just be put in permanently as a "Constructed Arena" mode.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

This deck looks so janky but I can’t stop winning with it

### Dumb DH
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 2x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (6) Proving Grounds
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
# 1x (8) Ozumat
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAECAdKLBQaN9wOHiwTsoAT+vwS8zgS/zgQMwvEDifcDivcDyoAEhI0E+JQEg58Etp8EvsoEpeIErO0Ey+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

NorgLyle posted:

This week's Tavern Brawl might be one of my least favorite ones that they repeat all the time. Having people agonize every turn over a discover when all that I want is to get through the game as quickly as possible and earn a pack is the worst.

IMO Tavern Brawl should just be random past meta snapshots, taken of Vicious Syndicate or wherever. I badly want to play some old Miracle Rogue decks.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This deck looks so janky but I can’t stop winning with it

### Dumb DH
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 1x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 2x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (6) Proving Grounds
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
# 1x (8) Ozumat
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAECAdKLBQaN9wOHiwTsoAT+vwS8zgS/zgQMwvEDifcDivcDyoAEhI0E+JQEg58Etp8EvsoEpeIErO0Ey+0EAA==
#

I tried this a few times, then swapped out Fel+Jace and the Colossals for infuse fodder summon spells, Relics+Artificer, Sire Denathrius, and Troll Centurions. Pulling Denathrius doesn't even feel *that* bad since it's still 10 health worth of lifesteal and he'll hang out with 2 health left at worst.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The Degenerate Imp Warlock: turn 1 flame Imp

I, The Dignified Rogue: coin, prep, serrated bone spike the Imp, trickster, smokescreen, summon two 8/8 rushes and a 5/8 taunt

I've been thinking about turn 2 Drakefire Amulets and other profane absurdities since reading this and I am definitely going to try it out again in Thief Rogue.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I said I would so I'm doin' it: seems the Play Store's running a 5x (not sure if it scales lower with Bronze/Silver/Gold) points multiplier until tomorrow (usually midnight PST/3am EST for the US), and it includes Hearthstone.

That's 100 points for the Season Pass if you haven't bought it already.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Masked Reveler is probably my favorite card of the set. Playing a shaman deck right now with it, sure is fun popping out a colossal on turn 6 and evolving to another rush minion. :cool:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Someone killed me with Kael'thas-Brann-Denathrius so now I'm just throwing them into every deck. Currenty trying it on hunter.

Me IRL when my opponent asks me why I am unashamedly plopping down WILD SPIRITS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oZqSaba34o

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

### Full-On TESS
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (2) Jackpot!
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 2x (2) Reconnaissance
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 1x (2) Vanessa VanCleef
# 2x (3) Double Agent
# 1x (4) Hench-Clan Burglar
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 2x (5) Contraband Stash
# 2x (5) Wildpaw Gnoll
# 1x (7) Tess Greymane
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAbORBQaX5wOh+QP7igS42QSLpAWMpAUMvYAE958EuqQEu6QE+6UE7KcE+awEt7ME1bYE9N0Ekt8E+fEEAA==
#

I've so far resisted putting Jackpot into my deck but I feel like exploring some new RNG territory so I might make room for it and the Trickster. How was Sketchy Stranger?

The new Maiev hero has a great "Thanks" emote for when you take something juicy with Theotar.

"I knew I could count on you!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kalko posted:

I've so far resisted putting Jackpot into my deck, but I feel like exploring some new RNG territory so I might make room for it and the Trickster. How was Sketchy Stranger?

The new Maiev hero has a great "Thanks" emote for when you take something juicy with Theotar.

"I knew I could count on you!"

Oh man, new Maiev's deep blues, purples, and brass are excellent. I pair that portrait with the Witchwood GoatseBullets cardback.

Jackpot+Trickster is the best part of Thief Rogue. Sure, it feels like you get Proving Grounds way more often than you should, but the new Paladin and Hunter BIG SPELLS are pretty great.