Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

the main reason Empire sucks and is super boring is that they dont have monstrous infantry

hippogryph knights dont count, those are monstrous cav :colbert:

actually that's why they own

because you have a blob of just Honest Dudes trying to stab the absolute beeflord and dying

as opposed to your beeflords just kind of losing unexpectently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i was also gonna say that they dont have any SEMs either, but ill count the steamtank since that is pretty cool

This is Karl-Franz-riding-Deathclaw erasure and I will not stand for it!

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i was also gonna say that they dont have any SEMs either, but ill count the steamtank since that is pretty cool

Amber wizards can also get a griffin mount.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
The trick with Luminarks is to only ever use the Templehof Luminark RoR. It has insanely long range and I never had any issues with accuracy. It absolutely deletes single entities, like I was killing an enemy's lord, hero and monsters before they even reached my lines. One of my favourite RoRs in the game.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Chemtrailologist posted:

Amber wizards can also get a griffin mount.

Wait, what!? Do any other colleges have mounts other than horse and pegasus?

Desire to know more intensifies

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Pretty sure it is just Amber wizards. Outside of Lizards they are very careful about giving heroes monstrous mounts for their heroes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

For HE, fire wizard heroes can get dragon mounts because :lore: I guess?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lore of beasts lets you summon a manticore!!!!!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Amber Wizards get Griffons because the Karl Franz minature kit had the option to build it out as a two headed griffon being ridden by an amber wizard.

If the point hadn't been made enough already, Empire also rocks because handguns firing will always be more pleasing to watch than bows shooting.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Gamerofthegame posted:

actually that's why they own

because you have a blob of just Honest Dudes trying to stab the absolute beeflord and dying

as opposed to your beeflords just kind of losing unexpectently

Wait I thought they had access to giants in tabletop

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jarvisi posted:

Wait I thought they had access to giants in tabletop

they did in earlier editions, but not in the last edition, 8th

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Even demigryph knights are relatively recent. I had an Empire army book from maybe 6th edition and it was basically 100% dudes with swords and guns. I do remember that Karl Franz had the option for a dragon mount instead of Deathclaw though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

AtillatheBum posted:

Even demigryph knights are relatively recent. I had an Empire army book from maybe 6th edition and it was basically 100% dudes with swords and guns. I do remember that Karl Franz had the option for a dragon mount instead of Deathclaw though.

I did like that part, the implications that Karl Franz is just looking up a catalogue of dangerous creatures and going "I could totally ride that as a mount... WHERE IS MY HUNTSMAN?! I REQUIRE SOMETHING CAPTURED!"

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I would love a campaign where you have to capture monsters for Franz and those creatures get unlocked as mounts. A dragon, a giant black rabbit of Hy-Brasil, an armored halfling cauldron, etc. Same for a variety of dragons for Imrik.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AtomikKrab posted:

I did like that part, the implications that Karl Franz is just looking up a catalogue of dangerous creatures and going "I could totally ride that as a mount... WHERE IS MY HUNTSMAN?! I REQUIRE SOMETHING CAPTURED!"

Well yes he literally uses animals at The Imperial Zoo and no I'm not kidding

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Karl Franz loves monsters and animals, it’s one of his notable eccentricities. He’s the one who had the Imperial Zoo funded so he could admire and or tame the various creatures.

quote:

Emperor Karl Franz has few serious eccentricities, but amongst his fervent passions is the Imperial Zoo, a vast complex of beast-pens and mosaic-covered caverns. Within its halls resides strange creatures that have been given as gifts from foreign potentates or hunted and captured from the hidden corners of the world. The gigantic menagerie within has always housed stables of pegasus and Hippogryphs for the elite of the knightly orders to ride to war, but its furthermost recesses are home to even larger and fiercer creatures. Over the course of his reign Karl Franz has acquired whole families of eagle-headed Griffons whose leonine bodies are borne aloft on powerful feathered pinions, sting-tailed Wyverns from the highest peaks, and even Chimeras. In its furthers recesses can be found the Imperial Dragon, an elder beast that lies brooding upon a mountain of golden Imperial heirlooms and the soot-blackened bones of incautious stewards.

The Imperial Zoo exists by the efforts of adventurers who capture monsters from the most dangerous corners of the Old World, hoping to be paid well.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 7, 2022

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Imperial Zoo exists by the efforts of adventurers who capture monsters from the most dangerous corners of the Old World, hoping to be paid well.

Forget Middenland. Forget Nuln. This is the Empire DLC we need. Could build off of the norsca monster hunt system and everything.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AtillatheBum posted:

demigryphs were introduced in 8th

older editions of WHFB tended to give all of a race's monster mount options to all of the characters who could ride a mount. sometimes named characters (eg karl franz or malekith instead of empire lord or dark elf lord) had a restricted list but sometimes not

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

MonsterEnvy posted:

Karl Franz loves monsters and animals, it’s one of his notable eccentricities. He’s the one who had the Imperial Zoo funded so he could admire and or tame the various creatures.

Warhammer: Zoo Tycoon

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

AtillatheBum posted:

Even demigryph knights are relatively recent

Cease to Hope posted:

demigryphs were introduced in 8th

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

MonsterEnvy posted:

quote:

Emperor Karl Franz has few serious eccentricities, but amongst his fervent passions is the Imperial Zoo, a vast complex of beast-pens and mosaic-covered caverns. Within its halls resides strange creatures that have been given as gifts from foreign potentates or hunted and captured from the hidden corners of the world. The gigantic menagerie within has always housed stables of pegasus and Hippogryphs for the elite of the knightly orders to ride to war, but its furthermost recesses are home to even larger and fiercer creatures. Over the course of his reign Karl Franz has acquired whole families of eagle-headed Griffons whose leonine bodies are borne aloft on powerful feathered pinions, sting-tailed Wyverns from the highest peaks, and even Chimeras. In its furthers recesses can be found the Imperial Dragon, an elder beast that lies brooding upon a mountain of golden Imperial heirlooms and the soot-blackened bones of incautious stewards.

And when will we get to use these Imperial Dragons???

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Omnicarus posted:

I would love a campaign where you have to capture monsters for Franz and those creatures get unlocked as mounts. A dragon, a giant black rabbit of Hy-Brasil, an armored halfling cauldron, etc. Same for a variety of dragons for Imrik.

A rat ogre

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cardboard Fox posted:

And when will we get to use these Imperial Dragons???

age of sigmar lol

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There's a settlement that I wanted to capture, but an ally got to besieging it before I did. I'm in reinforcing range. They'll win if I decline to join, but lose if I withdraw from the battle. When I do, my army disappears. Is this supposed to happen? I'm not in force march.

Edit: Nevermind, found my army :dumb:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 7, 2022

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

jokes posted:

A rat ogre

Given that one of the diplomacy quotes for generic skaven lords is:

I can only imagine some sort of really confused and inexplicably alive imperial noble being conned into buying an 'imperial rodent' by a used ogre salesrat.

Edit: Do you think Skavenblight has a tourist gift shop?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There's a lot of lords that could reasonably have collecting monsters as a gimmick. It's the main thing they do at Hell Pit for ex. That's why it's right by Troll Country.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
2 factions and one lord within a faction w/ culinariness, like 4 ll's to do monster collection. where's the ll that collects monsters in order to eat them?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

bob dobbs is dead posted:

where's the ll that collects monsters in order to eat them?

this is grom's gimmick i thought

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Cease to Hope posted:

this is grom's gimmick i thought

grom collects ingredients, its different

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
has anyone posted drat daniel yet

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Please introduce a French chef who moiders monsters in order to serve them to Louen

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Sack Altdorf to unlock Cochon longe, which gives him the Louendigo trait for 15 turns

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I wonder if the Imperial Zoo is a sneaky Princess Bride reference?

Also, make it so if Rakkarth ever sacks Altdorf he gets bonkers recruitment options.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Tirranek posted:

Also, make it so if Rakkarth ever sacks Altdorf he gets bonkers recruitment options.

I think that's already a thing.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
My favourite detail about the imperial zoo is that the dragon is entirely there on his own volition, and will only show up to fight the empire's enemies if sufficiently bribed.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Tirranek posted:

Rakarth has a quest to raze or sack Altdoft and the reward is 3 feral wolves, 1 stegadon and 1 black dragon. It's one of his first quests.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think that's already a thing.

Oh, that's cool! I haven't actually played Rakkarth.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

star forts so all the fire was enfilade so the walls are actually worthwhile or more ai sallying would've fixed sieges being interesting better than what they actually did imo. channel the spirit of the marquis du vauban. maybe contravallations too

Some of the empire settlement layouts make more use of layered overlooks, and I find them more interesting to fight in.

Honestly something more like a field battle but with natural overlooks with the new dockable sections would be a lot of fun to fight over.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

*squints*

why does franz not have the ability to hold the warhammer out in front of him and do a space marine assault jump??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

why does franz not have the ability to hold the warhammer out in front of him and do a space marine assault jump??

literally a thing that happens in end times, arguably twice