Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Big fan of Zoozo Zlen personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Kennel posted:

Guess who got DALL-E 2 account

Lol check out Peewee Herman

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

the holy poopacy posted:

Between Bride Story and Shirley Mori's work seems to have a running theme of celebrating feminine gender roles while simultaneously challenging their boundaries, which definitely gives off some queer vibes imo.
Having read more of both, there’s no way that Mori isn’t at least bi

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Oh hey it‘s the dream church

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

This feels oddly like a Family Guy joke

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

thetoughestbean posted:

I don’t expected the inquisition to be a bit, uh, different

Though it's kinda funny that the word can technically mean Question Time.

Also just realised that Trixie Slaughteraxe's entire personal style is ridiculously disco.

Turn on your monitor joke in there somewhere.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

the holy poopacy posted:

Between Bride Story and Shirley Mori's work seems to have a running theme of celebrating feminine gender roles while simultaneously challenging their boundaries, which definitely gives off some queer vibes imo.

Bride Story has a completely standalone volume dedicated to queer romance, spoilered for people reading the series: volume 12 is a lovingly drawn depiction of two mothers discovering bisexuality and love together in an Iranian bathhouse. It’s no light hinting with maybe some illicit handholding stuff, it’s very clearly physical attraction and ends in an unambiguous let’s get married, I love you like I love my husband declarations before getting into bed and lights out.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
Smashed

quote:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

just

just stop loving eating it

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
It's sooo good tho

For a real life equivalent imagine the nectar is precious pink sauce

(try not to be noticed by the health department)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd probably be glued to the bus, not having the willpower to even get home.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just don't get caught, idiots

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Like, just put it in a soda can or something. Nobody will notice

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

*watches his friend become flattened like a mosquito by the hand of god*

"Hang in there buddy, you'll be okay!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wonder what the police is going to make of this.
"So, an enormous dumbbell disc?"
"-maybe a collapsed wall that was later rebuilt?"
"Well I think it's a flying saucer!"
"-That is your solution for everything, but today it isn't stupid"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The Junji Ito Killer, coming this Halloween.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I understand that the protagonists in these kinds of stories need to be at least a little bit stupid to keep the plot going, but these melons are a particularly wonderful brand of dumbass.

So I'm looking forward to seeing each and everyone of them getting smooshed.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

By popular demand posted:

I wonder what the police is going to make of this.
"So, an enormous dumbbell disc?"
"-maybe a collapsed wall that was later rebuilt?"
"Well I think it's a flying saucer!"
"-That is your solution for everything, but today it isn't stupid"

Lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The splat effect is really impressive.

I can't spot the pattern for what counts as being noticed.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's fine to get noticed while you're reading Hell was Full. In fact, people love to see it, and you.

That one is in my top 3, no contest

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Man, I've been looking forward to that splash page. Those are all real historical helmets, by the way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pulsarcat posted:

I understand that the protagonists in these kinds of stories need to be at least a little bit stupid to keep the plot going, but these melons are a particularly wonderful brand of dumbass.

So I'm looking forward to seeing each and everyone of them getting smooshed.

There's a reason horror story protagonists are almost always dumb shitheads, especially in the case of white/dominant ethnicity people refusing to heed the advice of locals who know better.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Emzedoh posted:

Man, I've been looking forward to that splash page. Those are all real historical helmets, by the way.

Hiring Necromancers as Tax Collectors is amazing

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Hiring Necromancers as Tax Collectors is amazing

I think they're just heavily armored crusader-type dudes, and one of them has a helmet with a skull face?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Smashed/Splatter Film is more of a black comedy than straight horror

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a reason horror story protagonists are almost always dumb shitheads, especially in the case of white/dominant ethnicity people refusing to heed the advice of locals who know better.

I think it helps that, compared to the other Junji Ito stories that were posted, this one is a bit closer to a slasher horror.

Seriously, rather than instilling a sense of dread and anticipation for the ending, this one is more goofy and funny.
I love it.

Pulsarcat has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Aug 7, 2022

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Don't spoil the rest of the comic!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

coolusername posted:

Bride Story has a completely standalone volume dedicated to queer romance, spoilered for people reading the series: volume 12 is a lovingly drawn depiction of two mothers discovering bisexuality and love together in an Iranian bathhouse. It’s no light hinting with maybe some illicit handholding stuff, it’s very clearly physical attraction and ends in an unambiguous let’s get married, I love you like I love my husband declarations before getting into bed and lights out.
In addition to the above (if someone wants to check it out, it's volumes 7-8 though, not 12, but the characters involved do show up in volume 12 too), I've done a dive into Mori's works lately and it's very clear that she has a real appreciation for the female form and absolutely enjoys drawing naked ladies. She did a four-page "Cover Story" for Fellows! (which changed its name to Harta in 2013), the magazine A Bride's Story was originally published in (in 2020 it moved to Aokishi magazine), and the focal point of each of those four pages is the lovingly rendered butt of a woman wearing Daisy Dukes. And of all the things in her works that could count as fanservice of the sexy kind, there is one scene in A Bride's Story where it's completely focused on a man, every other instance involves women.

It's definitely at the point where Mori being Not Straight just makes more sense than the alternative.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

In addition to the above (if someone wants to check it out, it's volumes 7-8 though, not 12, but the characters involved do show up in volume 12 too), I've done a dive into Mori's works lately and it's very clear that she has a real appreciation for the female form and absolutely enjoys drawing naked ladies. She did a four-page "Cover Story" for Fellows! (which changed its name to Harta in 2013), the magazine A Bride's Story was originally published in (in 2020 it moved to Aokishi magazine), and the focal point of each of those four pages is the lovingly rendered butt of a woman wearing Daisy Dukes. And of all the things in her works that could count as fanservice of the sexy kind, there is one scene in A Bride's Story where it's completely focused on a man, every other instance involves women.

It's definitely at the point where Mori being Not Straight just makes more sense than the alternative.

:nws:Linked for lady butt and some titty:nws:

I always liked how unabashedly into each other those two are, by the way.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

does the red wizard have a second mouth on the other side of their snout?

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Abhay Khosla from Twist Street is making six page horror comics using the AI art generator Midjourney. Results are kind of interesting? Here's one of the stories:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Let the taxation begin is a hell of a line

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kilmaria The Floral Tribute is my favorite.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Kilmaria The Floral Tribute is my favorite.

She's great, isn't she? We'll meet these government dogs lovely people again soon, please look forward to it.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Uncle Juju 5
Uncle Juju 6
Uncle Juju 7
Uncle Juju 8
Uncle Juju 9

Uncle Juju 10

Uncle Juju 11

Turns out Uncle Juju was a bigot all along! :(

Talking character deaths: 9 (+1 Juju)
Deaths altogether: 36+
Scepter of deaths: 7+
Dead vice presidents: 2

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So my immediate theory is gonna be that Jenny stabbed him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, they were organized enough to murder a man and stick the body in Lyndon's house? It's a wonder how A) Trixie got as far in this presidential race as she has and B) They hosed up that purse snatching idea so badly.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It's not Lyndon's house, it's Julius's house that Jenny and Trixie live in.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

drat, they were organized enough to murder a man and stick the body in Lyndon's house? It's a wonder how A) Trixie got as far in this presidential race as she has and B) They hosed up that purse snatching idea so badly.

I don't think this is a plot by the president's faction, it's probably someone who really wanted the rare snake or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

I mean we've seen how thuggish and clumsy the reigning regime is thus far. Though it's entirely likely it's some extreme shenanigans, granted.