Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Larceny Gremlin is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Brawnfire posted:

I imagine certain government/military/admixture roles are pretty much set up with respectable spouses. Become Legate, you get some prime spoon to show off at banquets and a number of new nieces and nephews to nepotise.

This tracks but from Dukat talking about the younger subordinate of his flirting with his wife, it sounds more of a social structure rather than official policy.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

punishedkissinger posted:

he was just giving orders

I really like that. I can see Dukat being put on trial and going "hey -- I was just giving orders. If any of my men chose to follow those orders, that's on them."

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Morn is always hanging out in the bar. Hmmm.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pondex posted:

This is a stunning connection you have made. We need to get this to the Star Trek press right away!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLvD7621Zo

These AI upscaling test videos are cool.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Pondex posted:

So that’s why he’s called Mron! :aaa:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Get a brain, Mron

naem
May 29, 2011

I found another one of these, I assume a switch is a lqbqt term hopefully not offensive to anyone as I am an O’Brian aka plain vanilla heterosexual nerd

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

naem posted:

I found another one of these, I assume a switch is a lqbqt term hopefully not offensive to anyone as I am an O’Brian aka plain vanilla heterosexual nerd

a switch can be either someone who is up for either topping or bottoming WRT buttsecks, OR it can also refer to someone who is into both domination and submission play. afaik it's not offensive just descriptive

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I don't get it :(

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Eh. It's a little lo mein-y.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dabir posted:

I don't get it :(

It's what the holidays are all about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m_ai4XPtAw

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Watching Voyager after DS9 is rough lol.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Watching Voyager after DS9 is rough lol.

Like getting acclimated to Kobe beef and then eating at Arbys for 3 months

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Arby's owns though

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah sign me up for the Kobe beef and arbys thing too

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Trying posted:

Arby's did have a wagyu beef burger for a hot minute, which LOL

My dad made me get the venison sandwich with him when it was out. Wasn't too bad.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Pondex posted:

Morn - NORM

Just blew your mind

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
George Wendt was only 33 when he started playing Norm. Now that blows my mind. Kinda like how Wilford Brimley was the same age in 'Cocoon' as Tom Cruise was in 'Oblivion'.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Imagined posted:

George Wendt was only 33 when he started playing Norm. Now that blows my mind. Kinda like how Wilford Brimley was the same age in 'Cocoon' as Tom Cruise was in 'Oblivion'.
That’s insane

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Imagine being such a loving good actor that the showrunners invent clone resurrection for the show’s main antagonist JUST to bring you back.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jeffrey Combs would have been wasted on a one-off Iconia episode.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Zesty posted:

Imagine being such a loving good actor that the showrunners invent clone resurrection for the show’s main antagonist JUST to bring you back.

Wow. I knew I missed a few seasons of 'Cheers', but I wouldn't have predicted that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Star Trek online rolls in. “We’ll make Iconians the big bad. Their logo is an eye. The species have like 8 eyes. Get it? Iconia?

loving Christ.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
So, Picard was totally wrong about the Iconians or what?

Also: I was watching Jerry Springer a few days ago and thought that Cardassians would love this show. Everyone's guilty of something and their secrets are revealed to all at the end.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Also: I was watching Jerry Springer a few days ago and thought that Cardassians would love this show. Everyone's guilty of something and their secrets are revealed to all at the end.

Jerry Springer being an Obsidian Order psyop tracks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

naem posted:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Trying posted:

that fits

https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys/status/555493719252553728

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 7, 2022

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

JediTalentAgent posted:

No Picard was right, the Iconians became evil because the Federation, Klingons and Romulans sent a task force back in time to stop the Iconians in past. They get there and discover the Iconiand were peaceful, so the Klingons and Federation decide "Nope, we can't kill these dudes, let'shelp them escape!" But Sela, who went back with you, keeps trying to help the alliance that formed agaisnt them kill them which causes them to swear vengeance on the galaxy in general and Romulus in particular. Back in the present you call up the Iconians and say, "Hey, we're the ones who helped you escape!" And the Iconians all go "poo poo, you're right, sorry about the genocide and planet killing!" And then they gently caress off.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Except for the one that lost arm, went crazy and took an blood oath to avenge his fallen comrades. And since you actually managed to kill one Iconian earlier out of the ten or so left, the rest just went "LOL your problem now, deal with it".

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

sweet geek swag posted:

No Picard was right, the Iconians became evil because the Federation, Klingons and Romulans sent a task force back in time to stop the Iconians in past. They get there and discover the Iconiand were peaceful, so the Klingons and Federation decide "Nope, we can't kill these dudes, let'shelp them escape!" But Sela, who went back with you, keeps trying to help the alliance that formed agaisnt them kill them which causes them to swear vengeance on the galaxy in general and Romulus in particular. Back in the present you call up the Iconians and say, "Hey, we're the ones who helped you escape!" And the Iconians all go "poo poo, you're right, sorry about the genocide and planet killing!" And then they gently caress off.

Still better then Picard.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

sweet geek swag posted:

And the Iconians all go "poo poo, you're right, sorry about the genocide and planet killing!" And then they gently caress off.

If only this worked on the Icahnians

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Imagined posted:

George Wendt was only 33 when he started playing Norm. Now that blows my mind.
Don’t really get the surprise, honestly. Take him out of the cheap suit and into an anime T-shirt, uncurl his hair, give him some thick-rimmed glasses and a ragged beard and he’s ready for the podcast/YouTube circuit.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Don’t really get the surprise, honestly. Take him out of the cheap suit and into an anime T-shirt, uncurl his hair, give him some thick-rimmed glasses and a ragged beard and he’s ready for the podcast/YouTube circuit.

someone with photoshop skills please do this

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Somebody pointed just that out...that one of the reasons that we view people in the past as older because they're wearing clothes and hairstyles that are out of fashion now, which we identify as old.

Here's a short video where someone just took the Golden Girls and brought their hair down, and they do look younger, and closer to their actual ages on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirbxzfPZsg

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Epicurius posted:

Somebody pointed just that out...that one of the reasons that we view people in the past as older because they're wearing clothes and hairstyles that are out of fashion now, which we identify as old.

You're thinking of Vsauce's latest. He talks about norm at about 4:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqt8T3tJIE

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

You're thinking of Vsauce's latest. He talks about norm at about 4:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqt8T3tJIE

I think I might be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I want a giant image of all the times Sitcom Actors appeared on Star Trek and vice versa.