Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

Punkin Spunkin posted:

So the only way to watch Prey's comanche dub is with closed captioning? Like they dont have like, theatrical eng subtitles without all the noise/sound descriptions?

wanna say I had this issue too. I wanted to watch the comanche dub but [FIRE CRACKLING] over and over got too distracting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
How were predators able to invent faster than light travel, cloaking technology, and all this stuff when it seems like they are only concerned with stalking and hunting lesser species. It's hard to picture three predators in lab coats staring into microscopes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rental Sting posted:

How were predators able to invent faster than light travel, cloaking technology, and all this stuff when it seems like they are only concerned with stalking and hunting lesser species. It's hard to picture three predators in lab coats staring into microscopes.

Maybe they were visited by a more advanced species that gave them the technology?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rental Sting posted:

That’s because we only see the spoiled billionaire assholes out on safari

Back on their home planet the predators we see are like the don jr and Dick Cheneys of their world. Over equipped, not actually great at hunting without their awesome gadgets, shooting themselves in the face

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The ones we meet are the dentists and Eric Trumps of the yautja world. They have scientists and teachers and like janitors too, it's just the rich assholes on safari that care about this hunt bullshit .

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Everyone talks smack bout Glover fistfighting the pred in 2 but he was totally loving jacked.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Predator Bob from Accounting just doesn't feel the need to visit Earth on his vacations

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Sandman is pretty cool. It's a tough story to adapt and it isn't perfect, but I'm enjoying it. Episode 7 was solid.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why didn’t my entertainment have actors fighting real bears!

https://twitter.com/capybaroness/status/1556364844445696002?s=21&t=po_pX_sHLviqJAG5uFTg5A

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
That's especially lol considering what they have the bear do, no way can you get an aggressive bear that close to actors.

I'm very interested in how they would get a real bear to fight a cloaked predator too.
"Ok Barney be very careful with the mocap suit ok?"
Bear: ROAR

DiCaprio should hand his Oscar back, didn't even get mauled for real, coward.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

That bear was the most terrifying thing in the movie. I live in a country that doesn't have bears but I feel like that encounter did a good job of showing how hosed you would be IRL if you crossed paths with one (bear-knowers please correct me if I'm wrong). I also liked how it got a solid hit on a Predator, because of course it would.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
CGI is putting honest hard-working bears out of a job. :(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Bear_actors
We could be at Bart the Bear 3

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
But otoh (scary but minimal harm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgPjlroothk

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The actor playing the Predator should've punched out a real bear.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I watched Thirteen Lives on Prime last night. It's another Ron Howard soporific but I did enjoy the naturalistic acting from the leads. Perhaps unsurprisingly, there was no mention of Elon Musk's casket of death.

I read a lot about the incident at the time and the movie was at least a good reminder of how extraordinary the rescue effort was.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Was the one guy credited as "pedo guy" though?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This reminds me, The Bear (1988) was one of my favorite movies as a kid and now I wanna go back and give it a rewatch. Looking at random clips it seems like they may have pulled off some pretty wild stuff with the trained bears and also it probably just, wasn't as safe as they imagined, but drat those bears are impressive.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

For some reason it reminded me of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDA9VrRKrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm6JFoJpBbA

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've always wondered why that guy was wearing a karate outfit

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
how about a Predator and Alone mash up

hell, Predator and Home Alone

Predator and Cobra Kai

ok I'll stop

one more: Predator and Quantum Leap. yes. that's the one.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 8, 2022

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Inspector Hound posted:

I've always wondered why that guy was wearing a karate outfit

Yeah I remember that clip from those crap clip shows that Fox used to show in the 90s. Some dude in a gi ineffectually karate chopping a bear is an image that stays with you

Bohemian Grover
Aug 6, 2022

by Azathoth

Kalko posted:

I watched Thirteen Lives on Prime last night. It's another Ron Howard soporific but I did enjoy the naturalistic acting from the leads. Perhaps unsurprisingly, there was no mention of Elon Musk's casket of death.

I read a lot about the incident at the time and the movie was at least a good reminder of how extraordinary the rescue effort was.

The Rescue on Disney+ is a documentary but they got GoPro footage from the Navy Seals. I cant really imagine Colin Farrell topping that

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT1EyKtW4P8

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Just use the Timothy Treadwell video

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Edge was dope.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I don’t get the Nope reference. Was an animal hurt while filming it or something?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
One of the movie's central themes is the exploitation of nature to create spectacle and [very mild spoilers] an animal attack on a set is something that happens in the movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Slight spoiler for Nope safety on a movie set with live animals is a plot point in the movie.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

isaboo posted:

how about a Predator and Alone mash up

hell, Predator and Home Alone

Predator and Cobra Kai

ok I'll stop

one more: Predator and Quantum Leap. yes. that's the one.

Breaking Bad/Predator show let's fuckin do this

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ruddiger posted:

Slight spoiler for Nope safety on a movie set with live animals is a plot point in the movie.

It is. But the movie was also about 1 hour too long, with lots of unnecessary backstory.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nihonniboku posted:

It is. But the movie was also about 1 hour too long, with lots of unnecessary backstory.
nope

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Nope isn't actually like, streaming anywhere, right?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Nope isn't actually like, streaming anywhere, right?

Not for a few months I assume

EEAAO did too well and they pushed back their streaming launch indefinitely

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Field Mousepad posted:

Breaking Bad/Predator show let's fuckin do this

Bryan Cranston could absolutely pull off being the lead in a Predator-ish action movie.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Walt and Jessie talk The Predator into trying meth, thus ruining his life. The end, no moral.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i'd smoke mids with the predator

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Nihonniboku posted:

Lol yeah it would have been better if it was 60 minutes :jerkbag:

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
If you're liking the ILM documentary and want more of that stuff there's a really good book called the Droidmaker. It's more about the digitalization effort side of cinema but there's some really cool stuff in there.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn’t meth predator just the guy from I Come In Peace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Speaking of the ILM doc, almost finished… here’s what they cover in the other episodes.

Episode 4: Return of the Jedi and the various other eighties movies they worked on, not in much depth. CGI starts showing up.
Episode 5: Abyss and T2 and the tensions between the computer people and the model people.
Episode 6: Jurassic Park and the death of traditional FX work. This is pretty sad and I didn’t finish it yet.