Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Join us in the lego thread if you want to burn through even more money! :homebrew:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3328496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Noooo way, these forums have already cost me way more than my initial 10-bone investment.

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm a huge idiot but I couldn't help myself:

...partly because this was the loving freebie:

Make that two idiots. Growing up with the Black Monarch's Castle and Blacktron the pull of nostalgia was too strong on these sets.

Had to add some smaller sets to break the 150 EUR barrier for the freebie set, among them

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Argyle posted:

Glerups loving rule. I don't remember if I heard about them in here or in the product recommendation thread, but for the first time in my life I can wear slippers without my feet getting sweaty and gross. Super breathable but still plenty warm. Worth every penny.

That sounds like the dream

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m wearing an exact pair of those things right now. They’re good but not nearly as warm as I expected it to be. I think the ones with the heels covered seal the heat better.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Bought a new (to me) car

2020 VW Golf :iiaca:

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Thank you to the random goon who recommended Tom Bihn bags years ago. I've had the site bookmarked for ages and finally went ahead and ordered from them - they arrived today and the quality is fantastic.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

Carbon Thief posted:

Thank you to the random goon who recommended Tom Bihn bags years ago. I've had the site bookmarked for ages and finally went ahead and ordered from them - they arrived today and the quality is fantastic.

That may have been me - you won’t be disappointed, best bags ever. My Aeronaut is probably 10 years old at this point and looks brand new after years of travels.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Put a stage 1 APR tune in my 17 GTI. It’s pretty fun.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have a bunch of Tom Binh too, including a day bag in that purple and a laptop case. They’re great bags for sure.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Carbon Thief posted:

Tom Bihn havers club member reporting in. I like my bookbag quite a lot.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I got dis

Poseidon X Gravel Bike (not my picture, furiously refreshing the tracking info atm)

Selle Anatomica H2 in Oxblood Silver

I had a very expensive electric mountain bike that I was too nervous to to take anywhere I had to leave it, decided to sell it and get a commuter that can handle some forest roads.

Thinking about changing out the bar wrap for something that matches the seat color.

ddiddles has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Aug 6, 2022

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ddiddles posted:

Selle Anatomica H2 in Oxblood Silver

Ohhhh, that's a very good saddle, solid choice! Looking forward to a trip report on the Gravel Bike, I've always wanted one.

E: For content, bought some stuff here in the past few weeks!

Finally received my preorder for the classic space Legos :neckbeard:

Also recently got my cat shirt in (photo was from when we had him hopped up on benzos after a vet appointment :catdrugs:)

Which is perfect timing as we've recently been getting more into Tiki and picked up a great book on the topic:

Which then meant expanding our rum stockpile:

Which has also kicked off some ill advised Tiki glasses purchasing

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Aug 6, 2022

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
A youth size bass drum, because, come on.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

OSU_Matthew posted:

Which has also kicked off some ill advised Tiki glasses purchasing

Where did you get the tiki glass?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

How's Appleton Estate offerings these days? I had a soft spot for them ever since watching a documentary on their operations on Al Gore's streaming/TV channel back in I guess 2007? Anyway haven't bought any in a long time, is it worth it?

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

My brother told me about https://www.geekitikis.com/collections/star-wars not sure if they're sold elsewhere.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

god this blows posted:

My brother told me about https://www.geekitikis.com/collections/star-wars not sure if they're sold elsewhere.

Man, some of these are really awesome. Thanks for sharing!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

tangy yet delightful posted:

How's Appleton Estate offerings these days? I had a soft spot for them ever since watching a documentary on their operations on Al Gore's streaming/TV channel back in I guess 2007? Anyway haven't bought any in a long time, is it worth it?

My general take on Appleton is it's "fine". It has very little character for a Jamaican, which is disappointing, but it is still tasty and reliable.
I grabbed a bottle of the 21 when we visited the distillery this past winter and it makes one fine loving daiquiri.

On a related note, just got back from Tiki Oasis (and my first trip to San Diego) and bought a decent haul of mugs while there, along with a bunch of other goodies not shown.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
You should find one of these Alfred E Neuman Tiki shot glasses!

I got it with a subscription to MAD a few years ago.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
that bike seat looks like a sack pincher

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I went off the deep end recently into rum and picked up Appleton 12, 15 and 21. Had them all back to back, with and without water.

Overall decent rum, very easy on the funk, so a good entry for someone if they do not know if they like the hogo. I would imagine if it were like Jack Daniel’s making rum. Not bad, very in the middle and potentially leaves you wanting to explore a bit more.

12- a bit rough around the edges, lots of oak, sweet, not a lot of hogo, spicy

15- rounder, plush, soft, very easy drinking, surprisingly less funk than the 12,

21- great cork, shaved coconut, vanilla, orange, so smooth, creamy, no funk

Come join us in the cocktail thread!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What is “hogo”?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Subjunctive posted:

What is “hogo”?

Woo, except it gets you drunk.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

What is “hogo”?

I don’t remember the exact origins, but it’s like an abbreviation of a French word referring to spoiled or rotting meat. Or something like that.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, as I’m still new to this.

Hogo is basically the funk that you’re going to smell or taste from a lot of Jamaican runs. It comes from muck that they introduce back into the fermentation process, which in turn creates esters, which gives you that funky, rotting banana, dirty gym socks, overly ripe pineapple, sweat smell.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
My old hiking poles (that I ordered off aliexpress lol, they lasted a surprising amount of time honestly) were slowly falling apart, and I needed new ones.

And we are planning on crossing some ice fields, so I'll need some of these.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought a spray gun, A.N.I F160

Budget gun but supposed to be really good. It was that or a Devilbiss FLG5. This one won out for the larger fan.

Some day I'd like to get a Devilbiss GTI Pro Lite.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

couldcareless posted:

My general take on Appleton is it's "fine". It has very little character for a Jamaican, which is disappointing, but it is still tasty and reliable.
I grabbed a bottle of the 21 when we visited the distillery this past winter and it makes one fine loving daiquiri.

On a related note, just got back from Tiki Oasis (and my first trip to San Diego) and bought a decent haul of mugs while there, along with a bunch of other goodies not shown.

Oh that white abstract easter island head mug is :swoon:

We've been using Appleton Signature as our go to for general mixed drinks, but today we just sampled the Bacardi 8 year, Grandeur Panama Rum 8 year, Appleton Estate 12 year, and plantation Fiji Rum, and I am absolutely floored that we've been sleeping on rum for so long. The Appleton Estate 12 year in particular has a really pleasant banana on the nose, and the overall taste profile is shockingly reminiscent of similarly aged bourbons, it's a fantastic bottle, highly recommend. Bacardi 8 year was unexpectedly really quite good, I honestly never really cared for the normal stuff so this was a surprise. Really similar to how I don't really care for most Evan Williams bottles, but absolutely love their single barrel bottles. The Ocho Bacardi was an incredibly mellow drink, I barely tasted the alcohol, and a liter is only 45$. Will definitely be stocking up on this one.

The Grandeur Panama 8 year Rum was an impulse buy for 30$, because you never see something aged that long for that cheap, and holy poo poo that is also a fantastic buy! It's melt in your mouth buttery, very strongly reminds me of a bottle of Holmes Cay we bought for three times the price.

All the above caveats with I have no idea what I'm actually doing, but just wanted to share some stuff that I thought was really quite good, for really quite cheap. My wife and I live close to Kentucky so we've found ourselves all-in on bourbon, but just feels like everything there is either too expensive or just too hard to get anymore. Instead I've gradually been gravitating towards learning how to make better cocktails at home instead and having way more fun with tiki drinks and exploring rum.

obi_ant posted:

Ebay! God this blows mentioned it already, but Geeki Tiki makes these things and I just can't help but really like a bunch of their designs. I'm a sucker for goofy rear end mugs. For regular Tiki mugs, barsupplies.com has been fantastic as well. They've got a whole assortment of very affordable and fun stuff

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Valency posted:

I got tired of sitting weird in a chair with an armrest when playing, got myself a proper music throne. It's comfy!

I've been using one of these for just over 10 years and I still love it; great buy. <3

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

OSU_Matthew posted:

plantation Fiji Rum,

I really like this rum, it's loving great for a simple rum old fashioned, even with falernum for a corn and oil it's good.

Appleton is my go-to for recipes that call for a Jamaican, I'm not a big fan of Smith and Cross. We also got a New Orleans-style rum that a recipe called for and it's weird, not like other rum's I've had, has a strong character of---peanut skins?

Also seconding that white Sufferin' Bastard mug rules.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's actually not a suffering bastard, just a classic moai head in a mid century modern style. It definitely caught my eye and I made sure to rush over to the vendor.

Luckily he wasn't one of the pretentious overpriced prick vendors that secretly hands out priority purchase tickets to people. gently caress you tiki rob.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Some CBD flower to mix with my regular weed because it’s too strong and it makes me anxious

And Peter Parker’s camera strap

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

New off-road walker. After my niece and nephew dragged me through the Maine woods on a tour of their summer camp, I realized I needed some thing a little bit more burly to get me out and appreciating all that New England has to offer. I can lower the tire pressure to go on sand, and pump it up for rocky trails and cobblestones. And it matches my Stratocaster!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

dinahmoe posted:

New off-road walker. After my niece and nephew dragged me through the Maine woods on a tour of their summer camp, I realized I needed some thing a little bit more burly to get me out and appreciating all that New England has to offer. I can lower the tire pressure to go on sand, and pump it up for rocky trails and cobblestones. And it matches my Stratocaster!

Trees? You don't need to go out there trees are pretty big you can see them from windows.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cosmic Web posted:

Make that two idiots. Growing up with the Black Monarch's Castle and Blacktron the pull of nostalgia was too strong on these sets.

Had to add some smaller sets to break the 150 EUR barrier for the freebie set, among them

They keep sending me e-mails to get me to buy the new castle set.

It's FOUR HUNDRED SIMOLEONS lmao.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

She said yes!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Gratz.

You're now a Fuckman.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Congratulations! That ring is gorgeous!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Congratulations! Much happiness to you both.