Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

global tetrahedron posted:

rolling stone article about idema:

why did ron reagan jr need 'counter terrorism training'? wasn't he just like trying to have a media career? is this just bad writing, meaning he contracted with them for security or something???

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/the-shadow-warrior-jack-idema-232967/

Counter terrorism covers a lot more ground than drone strikes and seal team operations. It was probably just a "what to do if you get kidnapped" or "how to avoid getting kidnapped" course where you get told not to drive the same route to work every day and to not be sassy when someone is holding a gun to your head.

If you're the son of a notorious piece of poo poo that half the world holds a grudge against, it's probably a good idea to brush up those skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

sounds like MKULTRA took a left turn onto Gladio Blvd.

and then head straight up Jolly West drive...

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

wasn't it ron reagan jr who also was hanging out with mafia dudes when his dad became governor and the fbi did ron sr a solid (since he had been a long time fbi informant) and gave him a heads up before it became a scandal?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ron jr was a msnbc contributor who would come on during the bush years in a hawaiian shirt to say "gop bad"

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1470880693626494980

It's all just GLADIO?
Always has been

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1457144342796283905

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

visited the moma today...
glenn dubin room was occupied by a single installation of blue and white stripes...
very interesting

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Yakub was the first who took technology too far so this tracks for McVeigh

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i didn't know this was a hotep belief

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

No hotep expert but I thought that was why they had those gigantic domes in all the paintings.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Shear Modulus posted:

i didn't know this was a hotep belief

Black Ancient Egypt is a big thing- plus "ancient aliens" as a yakubian lie meant to deny historical ingenuity

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Jack Idema’s story is wild, someone did a documentary of him here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVGT8hoUehI

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

something breaking my brain lately are a bunch of the cultural icons and rock stars of the 70s (David Bowie, Jimmy Page, etc) exploiting/raping young teenage girls and everyone just kind of shrugging it off or even romanticizing it. what's the deal with that? why are people still excusing and celebrating all of these loving creeps?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

biceps crimes posted:

something breaking my brain lately are a bunch of the cultural icons and rock stars of the 70s (David Bowie, Jimmy Page, etc) exploiting/raping young teenage girls and everyone just kind of shrugging it off or even romanticizing it. what's the deal with that? why are people still excusing and celebrating all of these loving creeps?

because society is ran by pedophiles dawg

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

biceps crimes posted:

sick tunes op

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

because society is ran by pedophiles dawg

oh yeah, that's right

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

biceps crimes posted:

maybe because people are really alienated and poor of connection and these people represent things they’ve made up in their head about them, as ways to process the reality of their daily lives. few l ever interact or see the celebrities so that the actual persons they are are overwhelmed in the audience’s mind by their projections on their commodified images, which can withstand a lot of tarnishing especially if they serve emotional and (para)social needs in some way. for most people, celebrities are basically almost entirely imaginary.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

biceps crimes posted:

after Michael Jackson’s legacy stood up post-death it was a wrap for anything like that in the music industry

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

using 100% of my brain right now

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It was way more enabled and tolerated. We romanticize the past and maybe the tunes were better and the acid more plentiful but all around the 60s and 70s sucked rear end

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Riot Bimbo posted:

It was way more enabled and tolerated. We romanticize the past and maybe the tunes were better and the acid more plentiful but all around the 60s and 70s sucked rear end

things were pretty good if you were a white person of means

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
still is

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

jealousy

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

biceps crimes posted:

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

biceps crimes posted:

maybe the 70s was just the inflection point where people decided to start giving a poo poo after thousands of years

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Mostly the young women they preyed on maintained and maintain it was all consensual. hosed up and bad but you can't expect public outcry where none or little victims felt/feel victimized.

Edit: consider how Linda Lovelace, also a minor, was also victimized but felt victimized and there was, at least eventually, outcry about it. Same era

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 02:34 on Aug 8, 2022

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

skipmyseashells posted:

after Michael Jackson’s legacy stood up post-death it was a wrap for anything like that in the music industry

What are we supposed to do, never listen to Thriller again? Being 100% serious (not as a question to you specifically)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

What are we supposed to do, never listen to Thriller again? Being 100% serious (not as a question to you specifically)

no mere mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I listen to Thriller for Vincent Prince, not Michael Jackson.

Price had some lovely politics in his youth but changed over time and supported his lesbian daughter. And has no accusations of sex pestery despite being an actor with a long career.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I listen to Thriller for Vincent Prince, not Michael Jackson.

Price had some lovely politics in his youth but changed over time and supported his lesbian daughter. And has no accusations of sex pestery despite being an actor with a long career.

he was also very handsome in his youth ... a land of contrasts

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

John Hinckley's concert has been canceled, boo. is there an angle on Hinckley btw? he doesn't have three names so seems innocent enough.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

he was also very handsome in his youth ... a land of contrasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpEfX1IKEak

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

John Hinckley's concert has been canceled, boo. is there an angle on Hinckley btw? he doesn't have three names so seems innocent enough.

george hw bush is his dads best friend

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

lol but I was thinking of him in Laura and The Bat remake from 1959 with Agnes Moorehead (talk about mrowwwr btw)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI5_YuCWTMA

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 05:47 on Aug 8, 2022

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
maybe the same corporations running those music companies run other media and make pedophile/rape apologia or bury stories so people keep buying david bowie rkelly led zeppelin stuff

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

What is the significance of the skirmish line of FBI agents or whoever? I guess looking at debris? Similarly, who are the people that “never existed” in the bit after that?

https://www.corbettreport.com/911-a-conspiracy-theory/

That's the transcript with sources linked to, its what you'd expect from a 9/11 video source though so prepare your psychic defenses

(It's destroyed evidence and various testimonies that contradict the commission report)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
since thriller is brought up, what about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNDb2PVcoM

Has anyone seen it and have thoughts on it? Been a bit since I saw it but it makes a compelling case

The music industry death clause thing is kind of intriguing as it is

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
In the minds of baby boomers and those older than them, sex before the aids crisis was treated completely differently. Any sex scandal before the 80's seems like less of a bid deal to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

fanfic insert posted:

since thriller is brought up, what about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxNDb2PVcoM

Has anyone seen it and have thoughts on it? Been a bit since I saw it but it makes a compelling case

The music industry death clause thing is kind of intriguing as it is

Watched it, felt sort of bogus. It zones in on one particular accuser who is admittedly very dubious. The main "witness" they talk to is a record industry PR woman who is also a MJ fan. Then they get into some sort of plot involving NAMBLA members coaching the kid to normalize pedophilia somehow by making MJ a high profile pedo?