Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I’m not disagreeing with you at all, but there are occasional happy coincidences in the overall poo poo-sandwich,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Strangest Finch posted:

If I'm still living in the south at 72 and someone rolls a tank column on North Georgia, they can have it.

If I’m still in Mobile at age 72 I’ll happily suicide boat a hole in the refloated N-CSS Alabama

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/05/mozart-group-western-ex-military-training-ukrainian-recruits

first I've seen anything reported about this, they also kind of bury the lede

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hmm, Mozart Group, I wonder if...

quote:

The Mozart Group’s name was coined by its members as a tongue-in-cheek musical reference to the Wagner Group, a shadowy Russian paramilitary organisation that’s often described as Vladimir Putin’s private army. Milburn says at first he was “a little ambivalent about using the name” but that it has “caught on as a brand now”.

:lol:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I would have called it the Wabbit Group

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Alan Smithee posted:

I would have called it the Wabbit Group

If they don't have "What's Opera Doc?" patches they're doing it wrong.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Steezo posted:

If they don't have "What's Opera Doc?" patches they're doing it wrong.

“Wascally Wussians”

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Spear and magic helmet!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
nm

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 5, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Spear and magic helmet!

Spear and magic helmet?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Murgos posted:

Spear and magic helmet?

SPEAR AND MAGIC HELMET!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Magic pffelmet.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Yes! And I'll give a you a sample!

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting wussians

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NikaMelkozerova/status/1555992532437303296?s=20&t=qAC7Dkb_-4VgOy1WUhB_Mw

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1555692104919261188

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

It's a nice day for a
White Russian
:rock:

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

I thought Street Fighter 6 was done with the Shadaloo storyline.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Bison slaps them with a copyright claim! :argh:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1556061904052883457

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I like how the driver of the second vehicle decided to just save everyone the hassle.

e: Looks like an NLAW hit the first vehicle?

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 7, 2022

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

psydude posted:

I like how the driver of the second vehicle decided to just save everyone the hassle.

It's one of these:

large hands posted:

https://twitter.com/MartinMakh/status/1555580877798768640?t=z82Z_38vYHnfR5dT2uiQUQ&s=19 seems to be one of those sideways firing EFP mines blowing through the vehicle from left to right

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

:bisonyes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just Another Lurker posted:

It's one of these:

IED without the I part.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

psydude posted:

One point for trying to escape the kill zone. Minus one for escaping a bit too hard. Love.

Satire, Leningrad, 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktiONWfSL48

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1556333085905518593?s=20&t=c9IFysSTc_V9Ayc12-WvbA

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

If not for the Z sign, I'd think these were Red Alert cosplayers.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

What

The

gently caress

E: Spaaaaaaace

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
think tankies

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

There's no way this "think tank" isn't just astroturfed dudes getting paid right?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Anything out of the DSA recently?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Last peep from them was that they hate Russia for invading Ukraine, but also that the US should withdraw from NATO because NATO bad and NATO contributes to imperialism.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Defenestrategy posted:

There's no way this "think tank" isn't just astroturfed dudes getting paid right?

i wouldnt be surprised if some of their funding came from uh... unofficial state-backed sources, but you don't really need to astroturf it. the true believer "america bad, all opponents of america therefore good" tankie crowd is plenty sizeable on its own

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

VSOKUL girl posted:

i wouldnt be surprised if some of their funding came from uh... unofficial state-backed sources, but you don't really need to astroturf it. the true believer "america bad, all opponents of america therefore good" tankie crowd is plenty sizeable on its own

You don't need to astroturf it but there's also no reason not to given how little money it actually takes to give small fringe groups a boost. Albeit in this case it wasn't even a pre-existing fringe group. They also had RT people there and the founder of the group is a russiatoday alumn and they shouted out the Uhuru group in Florida that was the subject of this just a week ago
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...aee2_story.html

who knows or cares if they're getting paid or are just idiots, but just on a fact level if you asked 'has the founder of that group ever been on Russia's payroll' the answer appears to be yes

also, lol

On the last point, it's really not. RT gets a lot of impressions in the US and tankies are certainly loud on, like, twitter, but they're a pretty miniscule number of people and have even less relevance to american political discourse. There's a reason why none of these pro-russia groups ever has more than a dozen or two members and it's always an absolute freakshow in terms of who they actually get.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 8, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Every American patriot I know makes sure to show their name in Russian. That's just a given

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Looking into this: some prominent dsa affiliated people have made some pretty unambiguously pro-Ukraine statements, albeit not while directly representing the dsa afaict. They also haven't made more pro-Russian statements and are publicly staying pretty conspicuously silent. Which is spineless as hell, but it makes sense: it's a big wedge issue for the American left and there's been kind of a deal with the devil made over the last 10-20 years to look the other way wrt weird left-wing authoritarian and pro-russia/china stuff in exchange for getting more seats filled and there isn't really any way to weigh in without alienating a bunch of at least one group. They also tried some wishywashy bullshit early on and it just pissed everyone off.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder if they realize that Russia isn’t a communist country?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Murgos posted:

I wonder if they realize that Russia isn’t a communist country?

They know it isn't, however the Donetsk People's Republic (right flag) *is*.

Nevermind that the Donetsk People's Republic is only recognized by Russia, in order to allow it to claim that they're defending a neighbor from vicious Ukranians.
Russia is defending Communism from evil capitalist Ukranians. Ergo Russia good.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

orange juche posted:

They know it isn't, however the Donetsk People's Republic (right flag) *is*.

Nevermind that the Donetsk People's Republic is only recognized by Russia, in order to allow it to claim that they're defending a neighbor from vicious Ukranians.
Russia is defending Communism from evil capitalist Ukranians. Ergo Russia good.

Is it? I thought it was just a right-wing shithouse, considering everything about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

All I saw was hot girls all about them arts.

E: the arts are all about holodomor pt 2