Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I don't think I'd say Jack-O in Xrd was complicated, just people are really resistant to the summoner style of gameplay. Didn't Gargos from KI get a lot of poo poo despite being midtier? I also don't know if I'd say Testament is watered down? Just fundamentally different.

I don't imagine they'll strip away dandy step or bloodsucking universe. Really only his backdash cancel poo poo will probably get removed. I could see Zappa keeping the ghosts but probably having their impact on his gameplay toned down, or else having the randomness of the ghost summons removed. Maybe Raoh would be saved for one of his supers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

His fancy back teleport tech is 100% going away.

I could see Slayer making it in with very little changes but Jack is totally right here.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, Slayer's BDC is probably gone but I also think that's less iconic to the character than his signature moves.

TGLT posted:

I don't think I'd say Jack-O in Xrd was complicated, just people are really resistant to the summoner style of gameplay. Didn't Gargos from KI get a lot of poo poo despite being midtier? I also don't know if I'd say Testament is watered down? Just fundamentally different.

I don't imagine they'll strip away dandy step or bloodsucking universe. Really only his backdash cancel poo poo will probably get removed. I could see Zappa keeping the ghosts but probably having their impact on his gameplay toned down, or else having the randomness of the ghost summons removed. Maybe Raoh would be saved for one of his supers.

See I think they should just set each ghost as a stance, pressing HS changes stances with each stance having a shared special to generate orbs. Earning an orb from each ghost makes the next stance Raoh.

That's hella complicated by Strive standards and probably not good but it would be cool

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah that's basically what I mean by removing the ghost randomness - turning him into a more standard stance character instead of a timer based slot machine. I could see them still keeping Raoh as something to build up towards but I can also see him being relegated to super territory.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
+R has non-tournament-legal "EX" versions of all the characters that are unlocked by doing some crap in arcade mode in the home console version (they don't exist in the arcade ver)

Zappa's EX version in +R can choose which ghost he summons, idk exactly how. but they could make it work like him

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

+R has non-tournament-legal "EX" versions of all the characters and Zappa's EX version can choose which ghost he summons

These were so cool, I’m trying to remember what some of them did

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Google doc with info on them

edit: lmao EX testament's 5D actually looks like it could be an overhead

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jul 10, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Slayer will probably be redesigned fairly majorly cause they already gave bsu and his teleport dash to nago and a rough version of his mixup from special move > followups to anji.

Unless they are happy to put out a character with a much more powerful, non metered teleport dash than nago gets and a much stronger mixup game following up from a much stronger and safer special than anji gets idk. I just trust daisuke to give me my very popular boy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TGLT posted:

Google doc with info on them

edit: lmao EX testament's 5D actually looks like it could be an overhead

Awesome thank you I love this stuff

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Part of what makes fukyo strong is Nago being able to zoom across the screen and cancel specials into specials so it's a huge threat. They could give him a new blood meter I guess? But I really doubt they bring back Slayer and just have him dash, like a peasant.

edit: Instead of teleporting, new Slayer will use Footloose Journey to air dash like I-No.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 10, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TGLT posted:

Part of what makes fukyo strong is Nago being able to zoom across the screen and cancel specials into specials so it's a huge threat. They could give him a new blood meter I guess? But I really doubt they bring back Slayer and just have him dash, like a peasant.

Yeah thats probably right. they can balance around it being free.

Edit^^^ hell yeah, leg copter ftw

If bsu is just nago's thing now and slayer isnt also gonna have it i hope they make undertow into a better move. You never see it in xrd unless someone is styling on their downloaded opponent.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
A Slayer used undertow in the Combo Breaker top8 recently. He Undertow RC to bait blitz shield and then picked up a juicy counterhit combo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A Slayer used undertow in the Combo Breaker top8 recently. He Undertow RC to bait blitz shield and then picked up a juicy counterhit combo.

He deserves a (giant) hand

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I saw the rage quit icon today which I never knew that existed.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Is that what that means? I would see it pop up sometimes when I had connection issues (lol junction box left open in the rain nice going pg&e and/or at&t) but never knew what it meant.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

I continue to not understand how the tower works in this game. I played for about two hours tonight, losing almost every match because I'm out of practice and playing like poo poo. After a while I intentionally started to sandbag in hopes of getting ranked down so I could practice on a lower floor. No dice. 30 or so lost matches in a row, no change. Finally, I came across another May player that I actually beat and after two 2-1 sets, suddenly, RATING UPDATE for the Celestial Challenge. What the hell?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

unimportantguy posted:

I continue to not understand how the tower works in this game. I played for about two hours tonight, losing almost every match because I'm out of practice and playing like poo poo. After a while I intentionally started to sandbag in hopes of getting ranked down so I could practice on a lower floor. No dice. 30 or so lost matches in a row, no change. Finally, I came across another May player that I actually beat and after two 2-1 sets, suddenly, RATING UPDATE for the Celestial Challenge. What the hell?

you cannot fall more than 2 levels below your highest tower level. Furthermore, once you have successfully completed the celestial challenge, you cannot drop below floor 10

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Welp I had no idea about the "can't go below floor 10" part. Guess I'm stuck. Last year when I was playing this game more regularly I would've loved that.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

unimportantguy posted:

Welp I had no idea about the "can't go below floor 10" part. Guess I'm stuck. Last year when I was playing this game more regularly I would've loved that.

You wanna get some sets in? I'm always up for sparring partners

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was intimidated by I-No's weird movement at first, so she was one of the few character's I haven't touched, but in the last few days I made an attempt at learning her basics and it turns out that playing a hoverdash character is not difficult at all.

You just do 66S over and over and over until they're dead.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Diaphone literally has a video were he does precisely that in celestial. Theory being that people know I-no loves her mix so if you just never mix they will eventually block low.

Obviously it's not so incredibly good that it beats everything but if you just keep spamming dash S when you know you can keep pressure up it tends to work pretty well.

You'll get called out for it but not as often as you'd think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had a dream that they put potemkin as a super boss in monster hunter and he heat knuckled another mon in a turf war but i woke up before i could carve

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Could've probably used the bomb collar for a good explosive weapon.

Also a real dream is coming true, not a fake dream like potemkin fighting outside zepp air space

https://twitter.com/goldenprism15/status/1552717770474807297

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Anyone got cool tricks and tips to fight happy chaos? His incredible normals and clone are so annoying to deal with.

Honestly, I'm lucky most of these happy chaos players just mindlessly do their blockstrings or I would lose every single game.

Also I'm pretty sure one time I was sent from corner to corner in one combo.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp4-n_u-qM0

edit wait forget about the cool offical music video for one of the character themes guess who's the first character we get for season two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMlf83j7WD8

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 8, 2022

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Bridget here to confuse an entirely new generation of players

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I've already corrected 3 people in my local scene and I'm overjoyed. Bridget is easily one of the coolest characters in the series

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Blue Labrador posted:

I've already corrected 3 people in my local scene and I'm overjoyed. Bridget is easily one of the coolest characters in the series

I will hate Bridget until I die mad, fuckin yo-yo bullshit

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/Octopimp/status/1556394370651148289?s=20&t=hoH5pqk9e4T02WOM5clk-g

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

awww I was hoping it was gonna be like testament where the english VA is super girly and the japan one is macho but no dice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWOUBwWMakg

also this is the starter guide, it seems like the movelist hasn't been gutted much at all. i loved hearing him say "kick start my heart" almost as much as "behemoth typhoon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_kL3IaC5U

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Elephunk posted:

awww I was hoping it was gonna be like testament where the english VA is super girly and the japan one is macho but no dice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWOUBwWMakg

also this is the starter guide, it seems like the movelist hasn't been gutted much at all. i loved hearing him say "kick start my heart" almost as much as "behemoth typhoon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_kL3IaC5U

yeah the movelist is very similar to Accent Core. only thing that's really missing are the Roger set-ups following yoyo placements.

in all seriousness, I think it's cool for ArcSys to throw these curveballs, as much as I'd like to see Sin or Slayer or Jam come back. gives me hope we might eventually get the weirder characters like Zappa or ABA

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Hell yeah he's back.

That's a slightly large list of moves for Strive and kinda makes me hope we might see small additions to the current cast's move list.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Hell yeah, Bridgets back and so am I.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Apparently, Bridget’s in-game bio and arcade mode storyline clarifies something very important. :)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Pollyanna posted:

Apparently, Bridget’s in-game bio and arcade mode storyline clarifies something very important. :)

The arcade mode dialogue is precious

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Slid away from GGST for a while with other games but now I'm back and I'm playing Baiken

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2N-zwp_Bg
I really like the Strive Aisha songs

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
bridget looks dope, should be out in a few hours right?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Glagha posted:

The arcade mode dialogue is precious

i didn't think a ripped mp3 file from a heavy metal fighting game would be making me cry before work