Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

My absolute favorite part of the whole apology saga is when they actually play the completed apology for the very first time and all you hear is "Hi...this is Sal Governale" before the ENTIRE studio busts out in genuine laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

My absolute favorite part of the whole apology saga is when they actually play the completed apology for the very first time and all you hear is "Hi...this is Sal Governale" before the ENTIRE studio busts out in genuine laughter.

Same. The best.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The black haunted house bit was definitely over the top. I think Richard was narrating it and describing various rooms in the haunted house designed to be ultra racist stereotypes, e.g. one of the rooms had a job application or something.

haljordan posted:

Artie: "It's already funny!"

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

I think I heard it once in some random megapack. You're right though, it's basically another one of Sal's ingenius "OK, approachings the podiums" bits that definitely isn't flagrantly racist as gently caress.

The Amos N’ Andy voices were a staple of the old Stern show. Sal was just too stupid to realize that show didn’t exist anymore. Well, unless Gilbert was in studio.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

The Amos N’ Andy voices were a staple of the old Stern show. Sal was just too stupid to realize that show didn’t exist anymore. Well, unless Gilbert was in studio.

Too bad Sal wasn't around for the days of Billy doing his Marge Schott voice.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

haljordan posted:

Too bad Sal wasn't around for the days of Billy doing his Marge Schott voice.

From under the table in a hotel room in Los Angeles during the goddamned LA riots.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

From under the table in a hotel room in Los Angeles during the goddamned LA riots.

The absolute best time and place to be screaming the N word relentlessly.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I'm at a small town parade right now and all I can think about is the Koopa Kulpa.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Was it that or the "the only thing between her mouth and his (John stamos') dick was Howard's wallet" comment,?

No he made a horse sound.

Oh poo poo! I now I remember it was actually this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKpjQvhB9eE

edit: Jesus. I remember the parking lot I was in when I heard this live.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 6, 2022

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The Robin song at the beginning of this video is the best one ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo69OCYKgLk

omg I am crying laughing at this

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 6, 2022

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

The Robin song at the beginning of this video is the best one ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo69OCYKgLk

omg I am crying laughing at this

The rank amateur ones are always the best. KC Ghostbusters and KC’s Gay are top tier and lo fi.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
KC Ghostbusters always makes me laugh because you can tell the drum beat background is just the guy hitting a rubber ball.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No drum machine? Dribble a basketball

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

All the funny-rear end poo poo recorded on a lovely cassette tape over the years and right now there’s a guy sitting in a million dollar recording studio cranking out hours of unfunny Alex Jones impersonator bits for when the show comes back after Labor Day.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

All the funny-rear end poo poo recorded on a lovely cassette tape over the years and right now there’s a guy sitting in a million dollar recording studio cranking out hours of unfunny Alex Jones impersonator bits for when the show comes back after Labor Day.

I feel dumb for having bought into the Chris Wilding extravagant parties bit, where he's talking to Cathy.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Rahhhhhhhh

Biiiiiiiiins

black tits

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Am I insane, or did Sal do a song to the tune of Thriller called... uhhhhh. I'm not saying it, but it was about Gary's lips and he just ended up saying the n word like 40 times? Right? Because that's crazy.

Like they only played it once to to mock Sal for being incredibly racist.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Try as he might, Sal could never have been as racist as Billy West’s impression of David Dinkins.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No, you see it was 'imaginary Marge Schott' that was the racist

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Goons, I just Mike Walker farted, and I'm sorry I didn't record it.

Who was the person, during that bit, that Artie was pretending to be, making GBS threads her pants?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who was the person, during that bit, that Artie was pretending to be, making GBS threads her pants?

Was it mark the bagger?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Was it mark the bagger?

yes

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
yes I was just going to say mark the bagger

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
thought it was Liz Smith, gossip columnist, not Mark the Bagger

"Mike you poo poo your pants, I poo poo my pants every day!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

barnold posted:

thought it was Liz Smith, gossip columnist, not Mark the Bagger

"Mike you poo poo your pants, I poo poo my pants every day!"

It was Liz Smith, who Artie makes sound like Mark the Bagger.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
she just kinda sounded like that too though. super nasally New Yorker, fran drescher in the nanny type voice. that's killer poo poo!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Watching clips with this hypnotist and he's such a creep. Learning to hypnotize women just to get a date.

Sal wanting to drown himself, his kids, and Howard is classic.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm so in love with Cu...

...Cumbers

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://toofab.com/2022/08/04/katharine-mcphee-blames-woke-voters-crime-beverly-hills-scared-to-wear-jewelry/

Eric the Shitcock would have definitely been MAGA.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

It's definitely Mark the Bagger, he was in the studio right before the Mike Walker game where they played him all that stuff for the first time. Artie was doing an impression of him while he was in there.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

DangerDummy! posted:

Am I insane, or did Sal do a song to the tune of Thriller called... uhhhhh. I'm not saying it, but it was about Gary's lips and he just ended up saying the n word like 40 times? Right? Because that's crazy.

Like they only played it once to to mock Sal for being incredibly racist.

You're not insane. As a fairly decent HSS historian (aka I've listened to the show over and over and have a good memory for many parts, instead of doing something valuable like learning another language), I can give you the gist of it in censored format:

Lips like a n*****,
Face like a gorilla
With big horse teeth (something something something)

n**** n**** n****, n**** lips
n**** n**** n****, n**** lips

etc etc

(I hope that I don't get banned, I'm just explaining the "bit")

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zoben posted:

It's definitely Mark the Bagger, he was in the studio right before the Mike Walker game where they played him all that stuff for the first time. Artie was doing an impression of him while he was in there.

But he literally says something like "the only way to make this better would be if Liz Smith (or some other woman he referenced who I'm not familiar with) came in and poo poo her pants." And then went right into the impression. He didn't mention Mark at all, and I'm already familiar with him.

Unless he's doing a mark impression, saying something Liz would've said? Or do both of them sound the same?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 7, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I like that her age & the ages of her stepdaughters are brought up, so that the readers know that she's younger than both of them. Just a teeny bit of casual shade there, and I approve. :v:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Unless he's doing a mark impression, saying something Liz would've said? Or do both of them sound the same?

He was just doing an exaggerated, over the top Liz Smith impression that happened to sound like Mark the Bagger, sort of like how Howard's (horrifically unfunny) "Fake Agent" voice is just Artie's Johnny Fratto impression.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

But he literally says something like "the only way to make this better would be if Liz Smith (or some other woman he referenced who I'm not familiar with) came in and poo poo her pants." And then went right into the impression. He didn't mention Mark at all, and I'm already familiar with him.

I think it would be maybe the biggest waste of both our time to try to pinpoint exactly what Artie was doing at that point, haha. :haw: My thoughts are as such: if you listen to the show that day, Howie Mandel was the guest before the Mike Walker game and they brought Mark the Bagger into the studio during Howie's segment to meet Howard. Artie was laughing at his voice and got on one of his jags of doing an impression of somebody, he kept doing it over and over like how he'd do Ed Torian. Now, if Artie was known for doing an impression of Liz Smith then maybe I'm wrong, but the only reason he mentioned Liz Smith was because she was a gossip columnist and so was Mike.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sand Monster posted:

Howard's (horrifically unfunny) "Fake Agent" voice is just Artie's Johnny Fratto impression.

It's the Jimmy the Greek voice they've done long before they met Johnny Fratto.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Zoben posted:

Now, if Artie was known for doing an impression of Liz Smith then maybe I'm wrong, but the only reason he mentioned Liz Smith was because she was a gossip columnist and so was Mike.

you make it sound like Artie was especially known for his Mark the Bagger impression. that wouldn't even hit the top 25 Artie impressions for me. he does impressions of everyone. he's making fun of Liz Smith (who hated Stern for the record, to make it even more obvious that she's who they're goofing on)

he's doing Liz Smith. it's not Mark The Bagger.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This is the strangest derail in the history of all these threads.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

is it physically possible for this thread to be on the rails to begin with? let's be real. we're all a bunch of lowest common deniners, completely out of our minds. nobody is liveposting the show itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A bunch of people talking about a show they haven't listened to for a decade on a website that was last relevant 15 years ago. It's an honor to be with you folks.