Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

V. Illych L. posted:

there has been an issue with the procedures in informing people of the notice that they will soon recieve a letter for the formation of a committee for the exploration of an IK nomination committee. the ombudsman will hear of this. the responsible should expect staggered six-hour probations distributed over a period to be determined to cause most pain and least excessive harm.

Noses for everyone involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

This leftist infighting will only pave the way for a fascist dictatorship.
Shitposting macht frei

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Everyone should be IK, but the only moderation action they can perform is permaban.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Don't need an IK if we move the thread to C-SPAM and ban any scandipol discussion from D&D.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

thotsky posted:

Don't need an IK if we move the thread to C-SPAM and ban any scandipol discussion from D&D.

I believe C-SPAM mods already operate by committee, so this may result in an undue bureaucratic stress.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I think we should invest in energy production

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

Nah, let's tax electricity the third time instead.
The serfs will have to manage without while we get to make a killing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

No mods, no masters

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ThaumPenguin posted:

i think we should also institute price controls and export regulation

it's bizarre to me how powerful these idiot middle-man companies have suddenly become. since when does concern for fjordkraft outweigh concern for eramet? these "produce" only financial instruments, it's specifically only there to allow us to pretend that there's meaningful market forces regarding your electricity supply. they do not keep entire towns afloat and our export balance sort-of in check. i have previously been a jonas gahr støre apologist but this is incredibly bad politics *and* incredibly bad policy, enough that it makes me think that there's something we're not being told.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

V. Illych L. posted:

it's bizarre to me how powerful these idiot middle-man companies have suddenly become. since when does concern for fjordkraft outweigh concern for eramet? these "produce" only financial instruments, it's specifically only there to allow us to pretend that there's meaningful market forces regarding your electricity supply. they do not keep entire towns afloat and our export balance sort-of in check. i have previously been a jonas gahr støre apologist but this is incredibly bad politics *and* incredibly bad policy, enough that it makes me think that there's something we're not being told.

Nationalize power production and remove the right of kommuner to say no to new constructions of renewable sources of power. gently caress the loser nimbys that populate local politics - build tons of cool wind and wave power plans across the coast and in our unpopulated forests. Badabing, badaboom.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Representation through quantitatively-based elective processes is an inherently corrupting institution. Randomized representation is the better choice to prevent oligarchy from taking root and actual representation to occur. In other words - lady luck should be the arbiter of representation. Time to roll the dice for the role of mod.

Seriously - I have no idea who is the better choice, but seeing some good candidates mentioned, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Ideally we import some low bred french poster for our new Idiot Knug.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

PederP posted:

Representation through quantitatively-based elective processes is an inherently corrupting institution. Randomized representation is the better choice to prevent oligarchy from taking root and actual representation to occur. In other words - lady luck should be the arbiter of representation. Time to roll the dice for the role of mod.

Seriously - I have no idea who is the better choice, but seeing some good candidates mentioned, so I'm sure it will be fine.
I am 100% in favor of sortition.

Threadkiller Dog posted:

Ideally we import some low bred french poster for our new Idiot Knug.
We're not all loving Swedes here.

lilljonas posted:

Nationalize power production and remove the right of kommuner to say no to new constructions of renewable sources of power. gently caress the loser nimbys that populate local politics - build tons of cool wind and wave power plans across the coast and in our unpopulated forests. Badabing, badaboom.
Wave power plants all the way down the entire coast of Norway with a big beefy cable connecting them, which can then continue down into Denmark and along the coast.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

Yeah this whole crisis has been an excellent demonstration on the difference between a state-owned enterprise and an actual public utility. Middlemen delenda est.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Alright so we'll invite a Dane and a Brit instead

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Ok, so some inbred German of minor importance then?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Zudgemud posted:

Ok, so some inbred German of minor importance then?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lilljonas posted:

Wind can gently caress off. We have zero need to blight our untouched nature with that poo poo, we produce more than enough green energy as it is. All that needs to happen is that we stop enabling Germany and other European countries' moronic policy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Swexit when

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

TheRat posted:

Wind can gently caress off. We have zero need to blight our untouched nature with that poo poo, we produce more than enough green energy as it is. All that needs to happen is that we stop enabling Germany and other European countries' moronic policy.

I was gonna say our grid don't need much more green production at all. It needs large scale storage for all the stuff that currently exists.

Anyway I wanted to tip my hat to Sanna Marin for telling people to gently caress off she's on vacation. Good that our PM acts a good role model, keep work and free time separate.

https://svenska.yle.fi/a/7-10019400

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

Lol@our untouched nature. 58% of our land area is currently agroforestry. As in massive loving dark fir-monocultures. Wind farms will not blight that poo poo at all.

E: not agro, just industrial forestry.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 8, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Potrzebie posted:

Lol@our untouched nature. 58% of our land area is currently agroforestry. As in massive loving dark fir-monocultures. Wind farms will not blight that poo poo at all.

Not in Norway it's not.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

If only we could put wind somewhere off our shores? But also yeah, you could probably find some windy fjelltopp where no one comes and they would harm no one either. Bonus points if it can be used to pump water into a dam to use for storage, but the ecological impact of that might not be good.

In Denmark I vote for just placing windmills in downtown Rørvig where all the rich people have their summer houses. And offshore in Gentofte sø

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

On top of every rich person's neighbor's house.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
no one can be against wind power on land without being against new cabincomplexes"hyttefeltt"being built.. now that really is a loving wasteful use of nature and increasingky of useful grazing grounds.
i confess to having been antiwind while ignoring the cabinproblem. No more, we have to build that poo poo everywhere if export controls are really out of the question for any conceivable governing coalition.
too bad for the birds, but lets be real
the collapse of land and maritime ecosystem means they probably already doomed.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

if only we could harness the power of white guys being outraged that they can't eat meat all the time we would be set for all eternity.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Shocking turn of events in the story of SD’s vitbok https://www.dn.se/sverige/sds-vitboksforfattare-uppges-ha-varit-medlem-i-partiet/

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

Not in Norway it's not.

Ok, only 23% of Norway. Still plenty of fugly where wind farms will not make it more so.

∆∆∆ Oh my, who could have possibly imagined this turn of events?

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 8, 2022

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Writing the report/book seems like career poison so I'm not surprised the only one both willing and allowed to do so is a party sympathiser

edit: for international readers, the populist right-wring Sweden Democrats ordered a report on the party's roots and history, ostensibly in a move to objectively chronicle the party and its journey from fringe skinhead concern to mainstream player. And the guy who was assigned to write it ... well, you can guess the rest

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 8, 2022

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
What is the problem? The idea of objective reporting is complete fantasy.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

"Write what you know"

Jack Trades posted:

Swexit when
Swexit now. Lets join the Russian Federation
Pros:
  • A lot less Danes
  • Maybe they'll finally allow supermarkets to sell stronger alcohol
  • Cheap electricity
  • Cheap petrol
  • Liberals, techies, finance and the educated middle class would flee the country and leave more housing for the remainers
  • Next day delivery on Russian passports (current wait time in Sweden for Swedish passports is 2-3 months)
  • A minimum wage
  • No more Disney, Warner Bros, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Company, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC, Apple, McDonald's, Disney, Netflix, PepsiCo, Amazon Web Services, IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Sony, Volvo, H&M, IKEA, etc...
Cons:
I don't see any.

Jon Pod Van Damm fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 8, 2022

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ted hitler hunter posted:

"Write what you know"

Swexit now. Lets join the Russian Federation
Pros:
  • A lot less Danes
  • Maybe they'll finally allow supermarkets to sell stronger alcohol
  • Cheap electricity
  • Cheap petrol
  • Liberals, techies, finance and the educated middle class would flee the country and leave more housing for the remainers
  • Next day delivery on Russian passports (current wait time in Sweden for Swedish passports is 2-3 months)
  • A minimum wage
  • No more Disney, Warner Bros, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Company, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC, Apple, McDonald's, Disney, Netflix, PepsiCo, Amazon Web Services, IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Sony, Volvo, H&M, IKEA, etc...
Cons:
I don't see any.

I am more for revoking Brömsebro

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The interesting thing about the vitbok is that the part that has been released was, to my understanding, a competently made study that doesn't really reveal anything but the blindingly obvious: SD was founded and led by nazis for a long rear end time (still are to some extent). This is why they released that part on a Friday afternoon in the middle of July in the hopes no one would notice that their own study revealed the thing everyone who knows anything about anything had been saying forever.

That being said, massive lol that the neutrality they bragged so much about was a lie.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Baudolino posted:

no one can be against wind power on land without being against new cabincomplexes"hyttefeltt"being built.. now that really is a loving wasteful use of nature and increasingky of useful grazing grounds.
i confess to having been antiwind while ignoring the cabinproblem. No more, we have to build that poo poo everywhere if export controls are really out of the question for any conceivable governing coalition.
too bad for the birds, but lets be real
the collapse of land and maritime ecosystem means they probably already doomed.

the big thing with both wind power and those ghastly cabin fields (which i agree are a much understated environmental catastrophe) is that they produce lots of light pollution in areas where it used to still be very dark at night. that's a big problem for insect populations, which i'm sure many posters will have noticed have declined by a lot over the past couple of decades.

V. Illych L. fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 8, 2022

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

considering launching a party for the specific purpose of banning annoying stuff. cabin fields? banned. disposable grills? banned. other people's children on public transportation? banned.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Not enough, I still get the occasional kitchen moth.

someone put windmills in my backyard already, please

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

V. Illych L. posted:

considering launching a party for the specific purpose of banning annoying stuff. cabin fields? banned. disposable grills? banned. other people's children on public transportation? banned.

I can't think of anywhere where other people's children are not annoying. The beach, perhaps, there's so many there it just becomes white noise.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

back when i was early on in my higher education, a group of students at the local uni formed and ran for the university parliament with a sort of anti-political list. they got something like 60% of the votes for their "reserve bog rolls in the loos and porridge in the canteen every day instead of just friday" list. i think about that every now and then, and i can't decide whether i think it's a pity that students are so overwhelmingly apolitical or that it's good that students realise how much of a mickey mouse institution the uni parliament is.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

V. Illych L. posted:

That one neighbour who starts with the power tools at 7am sharp every weekend? Double banned please. How many hedges do you have to trim, my friend?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

On the questionably bright side, the electricity crisis is making it increasingly unaffordable to own a cabin, starting to see more articles about worried vacation home owners. I can't imagine there's much growth potential in the cabin building industry right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Not enough, I still get the occasional kitchen moth.

someone put windmills in my backyard already, please

Vinegar and soap is a better solution.