Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I remember when United used to just sign the best English player in a position where they had a need, but this strategy of obsessing over one player who doesn’t want to go there and then flailing to buy mediocre players with attitude problems is way cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

I remember when United used to just sign the best English player in a position where they had a need, but this strategy of obsessing over one player who doesn’t want to go there and then flailing to buy mediocre players with attitude problems is way cooler.
i personally hope they don’t sign declan rice and continue to provide lols instead

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

i personally hope they don’t sign declan rice and continue to provide lols instead

Solskjær would 100% have signed him if they weren't asking 150mil or whatever it was

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hegay posted:

Are you not honestly a little worried that it looks like ETH will sign players like Rabiot and Arnautovic? Another couple of seasons without CL and I can see players not wanting to sign for man utd

Players already don't want to join them. Fergie would have signed Haaland or Kane and won the league.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Makes Sancho’s journey really funny, literally don’t get it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

In honesty, at this point United need to sign two competent defensive midfielders to have a realistic chance of a top-four finish.

The best time to sign a DM was when Michael Carrick retired, the second best time is now, and if someone is available for £15m it's a better idea than farting about for a month trying to sign people who aren't available or who are being quoted Neymar prices for, and then writing off the season.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

The best time to sign a DM was when Michael Carrick retired, the second best time is now, and if someone is available for £15m it's a better idea than farting about for a month trying to sign people who aren't available or who are being quoted Neymar prices for, and then writing off the season.

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking as well. Rabiot is at the very least a decently capable midfielder.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Rabiot is a mediocre player with huge wages and an insane mother/agent. i really hope they get him.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Players already don't want to join them. Fergie would have signed Haaland or Kane and won the league.

Probably both tbf. Kane five or so years back and Haaland now.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ruben Neves and Zubimendi are exactly the sort of players Man Utd should be all over. Anyone but Rabiot. What the gently caress is the literally fifty scouts Man Utd is employing doing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hegay posted:

Ruben Neves and Zubimendi are exactly the sort of players Man Utd should be all over. Anyone but Rabiot. What the gently caress is the literally fifty scouts Man Utd is employing doing

Ruben Neves is garbage and has the mobility of that tanker that got stuck in the suez canal. And costs like 80mil.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

tristeham posted:

Rabiot is a mediocre player with huge wages and an insane mother/agent. i really hope they get him.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Any hot gossip about Jizz Horncamp’s move to Nonce Island?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

so uh...what are juve going to do re: that midfield?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

sign 4 players on a free next year probably

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Doctor Teeth posted:

Probably bring up more children and buy one (1) player for cheap from Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Bologna or Genoa.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Doctor Teeth posted:

going for Paredes apparently, another player they'll be desperate to get rid of in a couple years

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tristeham posted:

reminder that he is directly competing with Scott McTominay for a first-team place, and also for a bench place because our alternative to playing Scott McTominay is for Christian Eriksen to play as a defensive midfielder, which he did more effectively than Scott McTominay on Sunday

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I don't even know at this point, getting a 33 year old past it racist seems like a brilliant idea.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Current state of Blue Moons forums

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't believe Newcastle got Bruno g in January without anyone else being in for him for less than 40m

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

pik_d posted:

oh lord, in for lodi again

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

pik_d posted:

Lol Raum *just* signed for RB Leipzig

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't want him to go but it would be pretty funny if Leicester sold the world's most expensive defender again. It's not like our defensive record is even that impressive.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheRat posted:

Yeah that's pretty much my thinking as well. Rabiot is at the very least a decently capable midfielder.

Is he

Are you sure he isn’t just poo poo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sandwolf posted:

Probably bring up more children and buy one (1) player for cheap from Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Bologna or Genoa.

The player in question will play half a cup match and then be sold to another team in that list for 30 mil in a very legitimate and normal transfer.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Is he

Are you sure he isn’t just poo poo

He’s not a pure DM, which is what I think I see Utd supporters wanting from him. He’s a basically a box to box type that is strong making last ditch tackles in front of his own penalty area, and can carry the ball forward by himself ok, but offers zero attacking threat once he ventures forward past the halfway line. He can’t cross or create chances. You can’t really play him in a pivot type role, because he can’t distribute or even just recycle possession well enough and can get himself cornered because he’s so one footed.

He is just a worse version of Matuidi.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

trem_two posted:

He’s not a pure DM, which is what I think I see Utd supporters wanting from him. He’s a basically a box to box type that is strong making last ditch tackles in front of his own penalty area, and can carry the ball forward by himself ok, but offers zero attacking threat once he ventures forward past the halfway line. He can’t cross or create chances. You can’t really play him in a pivot type role, because he can’t distribute or even just recycle possession well enough and can get himself cornered because he’s so one footed.

He is just a worse version of Matuidi.

Sounds perfect for United then

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Arnautovic seems like a pretty straightforward like-for-like replacement for Ronaldo. An odd choice for sure, when you already have a Ronaldo and that didn't even work out that great already.

But trying and failing to sign an ex-West Ham forward who has already done the big money, end of career move to some tinpot league is hilarious.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
He is apparently much better than this shop. Anyone watched a lot of him?

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1556751117832306689

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

sticksy posted:

Any hot gossip about Jizz Horncamp’s move to Nonce Island?

Jizz was middling quality in the last week's Willem II game, though his replacement really cleaned up! Still, I suspect removing Jizz from Tilburg will be a sticky situation.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
It is true, if there's one thing they love in Tilburg it's a bit of Jizz.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
In non-jizz news Leeds have signed Joel Robles on a free, ideally meslier never gets hurt and he never has to move from his comfy seat on the bench so good luck to him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
And it was going so well

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1556948955321311232?t=FVMopITQp4cJee4P4oP6mA&s=19

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1556973505798983680

The dream is dead

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Complaints from fans?

They'll come around if he makes the club better.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
lol if Juve get €20m for Rabiot

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Even though it's probably a bullshit reason it's laughable that whoever's running this Man U face saving excuse thinks that being soft enough to give in to the "fans" is a good thing.

Looking forward to this Arnautovic thing dragging on until the transfer window closes and also Man U failing to get a striker and the Man U/Ronaldo relationship continuing despite neither party wanting it.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Complaints from fans?

They'll come around if he makes the club better.

More that big Marko doesn't fancy a move to a club where it's been decided ahead of time by all the big brain opinion havers that it would be a disgrace to the clubs history to even consider signing him, surely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

More that big Marko doesn't fancy a move to a club where it's been decided ahead of time by all the big brain opinion havers that it would be a disgrace to the clubs history to even consider signing him, surely

*shrugs in Odion Ighalo*