Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

chiasaur11 posted:

That's Rex, not Ray. Rex reprinted this year.

oh woops, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Finished this last night, first time doing anything besides straight build/gundam marker

The dark grey parts and the inner part of the shield I did a dark purple. Don't have any spray cans or airbrush, so I handprimed and handpainted it. Big parts don't look great, but it was a first try so I'll chalk it up to inexperience. Also did a matte topcoat for the first time, only did one layer but I like how it turned out.

(I don't expect 2 extra points for it, as I didn't paint that much of it, really just experimenting)

And next build:

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Come to think of it. I've seen the occasional Rex reprint, but never one of Ray.

As for the Arhan announcement. On the one hand, I liked stumpy round Arhan more than its sleek diet successor and wished it got more time to shine. On the other hand, it didn't have that sweet suborbital railgun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is a guy.

E: Orb guy, didn't see there was another page

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now I want to buy a Char's Zaku kit, get a load of plasticard and 40K bitz and build an Orky Zaku called the Red Komet.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

A Killa Kan kinda looks like a Saku already.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean some of the fanart for the Krorks is literally just Zakus

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I guess finally catching covid is a good start to Backlogust. Here's my initial stack and my two 'lil helpers!

Not planning to paint but I will be panel lining and buffing up the surface with a melamine sponge/magic eraser. The ball is also getting a proper water transfer job I guess!

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Went to local hobby shops build meet today, met some cool people. Met an old guy who goes around and helps organize different conventions, last one he helped with was SDCC.

Finished this while I was there:

Next two builds:

Posting these together, as I'll be working on the MG while the 30MM is drying/curing etc.

Going from Portanova[Brown] to Portanova[Anything Else But Brown]

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
The clear Gundam Base 3.0 looks great when finished!

I should get around to building the Aile Strike sometime too.

Two very inquisitive kitties makes it very hard to build nowadays.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I finished the base coat for my Ac Guy. I’m planning on doing a paint scheme based on the brainbots from the Fallout series.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Where do people go to resell kits? My ADHD has done the ol shuffle and so I've got a few kits sitting here that I will just never start.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I recommend stacking them in your closet and telling yourself you'll work on the one day

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Halman posted:

Where do people go to resell kits? My ADHD has done the ol shuffle and so I've got a few kits sitting here that I will just never start.

There are a couple of Facebook groups that do brisk trade, as well as good old eBay. If you have a local nerd store that carries them you can see if they'll make a deal; a shop near me buys from people at a slight discount but won't cherry pick, they'll take the whole lot on offer.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Halman posted:

You could post them here or in SA-Mart. You may have some stuff someone here is interested in.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Finally got a kit done for this Backlogust. Got a little excited and did a chunk of construction before remembering to take the first picture.

And here's the finished product:

And since you can kind of see it in the background, here's my Char vs Amuro display. I know the Full Armor 7 is a video game suit and not one Amuro piloted, but adding it evens out the numbers a little bit.

Next up is one that's been sitting in the closet since last year, when it held up my pre-order for the RG Hi-Nu by a couple of months.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Basic paint job it done! Still planning to do a little bit of chipping along with the usual finishing steps like panel lining and detailing.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
I PREDICT

Nice! But also terrifying!

Got sidetracked into panel lining my Arcadia Elintseeker Valkyrie figure from the Macross movie (don’t watch it, stick to the original TV-series!) and finally got use of the GM20 and GM21 brush type markers. Afaik they’re water based acrylics so work great on top of existing paint jobs, you just gotta be quick once you start wiping the excess off (micro fiber cloth works well) as they start drying fast.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
I PREDICT

Also a soft 0.3mm mechanical pencil is a nice complement for lining edges of stuff

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I didn't know backlAugust was a thing and am halfway across the state from my desk but I started on a Beluga, just received Tallgeese Fluegel and HG Aesculapius and have been putting off opening MG Double X, MG Sandrock, RG Hi- Nu, the recent EasternModel MegaMan Zero, and a bunch of 30 minute missions kits.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Old Swerdlow posted:

Basic paint job it done! Still planning to do a little bit of chipping along with the usual finishing steps like panel lining and detailing.

oh wow I love the clear part for the "brain" casing of the brainbot theme. very clever, looks great!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/scaphan_/status/1556257019308687360?s=20&t=_mCweW8xXIxL8LJWVSq3Cg
:prepop:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yessssss

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Oh wow that's amazing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Finally free from sticker hell, but waiting until tomorrow to pose (was half done months ago and I am lazy)

boz
Oct 16, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Finally free from sticker hell, but waiting until tomorrow to pose (was half done months ago and I am lazy)

Did that one a month or so ago, I agree on those stickers.

Good luck posing, it can definitely hold the hammer with both hands, mine was posed like that till my daughter decided it shouldn't be.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

have to pair this with an RB-79

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The RG God Gundam's out!

Now I just gotta wait for the 30MM booster engine set in a couple of days, and I'll have a nice expensive combined package to ship along with the Moderoid Power Loader from HLJ.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kirbysuperstar posted:

This looks like you could turn it into a Khorne Titan pretty easily.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Electrophotonic posted:

Got sidetracked into panel lining my Arcadia Elintseeker Valkyrie figure from the Macross movie (don’t watch it, stick to the original TV-series!)

DYRL is good on its own merits and in some ways better than parts of the original series. Nice build

Do models exist of any of Samus' ships? They're probably garage kits or something if so.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Finished painting the Portanova

Humidity here was real bad, but used rattle cans anyway. The armor green is spraycan and the blue/green color was handpainted. This was the first time I did the entire paint > gloss > panel line > matte process.

Also tried some weathering at the end with some dry-brushed chrome paint and then some brown on the feet

I think it looks better with the robot head rather than the default head:

And this is what a straight build looks like for comparison

Tons of mistakes were made, but I learned a lot.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

boz posted:

Did that one a month or so ago, I agree on those stickers.

Good luck posing, it can definitely hold the hammer with both hands, mine was posed like that till my daughter decided it shouldn't be.

Turns out it would have been easier if I hadn't..gotten the left elbow the wrong way around..fixing it would mean tearing the sticker on the rim of the forearm so uh, welp! Still managed it though

I hope a breeze doesn't hit it during the night or anything :v:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I probably should not do this while I am moving my computer/gunpla space but waiting on some new table legs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kirbysuperstar posted:

Turns out it would have been easier if I hadn't..gotten the left elbow the wrong way around..fixing it would mean tearing the sticker on the rim of the forearm so uh, welp! Still managed it though

I hope a breeze doesn't hit it during the night or anything :v:

Those designs are so cool, but every time I look at my green one I just sigh and think, you're more sticker than robot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Argas posted:

I probably should not do this while I am moving my computer/gunpla space but waiting on some new table legs

Now you just need to pose them alongside the Revive, the G40 and the Entry Grade Grandaddy kits.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
One more done.

On to my boy Zero

Edit: oh crap, I forgot to include a timestamp for while I was building this guy. This probably won't qualify now :v:

Star Man fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 10, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Star Man posted:

One more done.

On to my boy Zero

Is there any appreciable difference between this Char Zaku II and the one from a few years earlier that has the anti-ship rifle?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

And that's Rex done! :toot:

All in all, a fun build, although some of the joints were a bit of a pain to connect and a few missile hatches move around a bit too easily.

I placed a preorder for the Gespenst a while back, and once that finally ships I'll also get an RG Freedom, HG Alteisen, and RG Zeta with it.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Just got back to my desk! Ready to pick it back up and live my Ace Combat fantasy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Those designs are so cool, but every time I look at my green one I just sigh and think, you're more sticker than robot

Yeah I've got Sakura, the other Sakura, Azami and Clarissa's still to go..I should probably get Kamiyama and Sumire's and maaaybe Oogami's to complete the lot but also, fuckin stickers godddamn.

Prolly gonna do the HG Vayeate/Mercurius next as a breather