Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Personal foul, roughing the passer, 15 yard penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I suspect the refs will look the other way on hits to Carson Wentz this season.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If there was any team mentally unwell enough to trade for reagor, the bears would absolutely be my first choice.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I suspect the refs will look the other way on hits to Carson Wentz this season.

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1557009234251882498?t=NVsulRLuz8J-TMZoYBD1fg&s=19

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Not concerned and not overly concerned is actually a big difference. Those Commanders are acknowledging it, they probably also realize their organization is a huge poo poo show and they shouldn't overly focus on one obvious but unaddressable problem. Like in fairness, what can they do? He is what he is, and they've gone too far to simply bench him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I am also not concerned with Carson Wentz's accuracy issues.

Wish I had a better idea what the Iggles RB situation is gonna look like though.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Wish I had a better idea what the Iggles RB situation is gonna look like though.

I would guess a 65/35 split between Sanders and Gainwell. Might actually use both on the field at the same time as well since Gainwell can flex out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron Rivera just fired his long time Defensive Line coach for many years over “difference in philosophy”.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/9/...-happening-camp

https://twitter.com/NBCSCommanders/status/1557022739390660610?s=20&t=BfLqK-FSykaoZTTgpg5j7w

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 9, 2022

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cartoon Man posted:

Ron Rivera just fired his long time Defensive Line coach for many years over “difference in philosophy”.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/9/...-happening-camp

https://twitter.com/NBCSCommanders/status/1557022739390660610?s=20&t=BfLqK-FSykaoZTTgpg5j7w

The philosophy being "maybe pressuring the QB is a useful defensive strategy"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/eliotshorrparks/status/1557362048228642818?s=21&t=Vk1KVdNfMoiI4fGoVVNNtA

Minshew not doing great

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Here's an article arguing that Dallas should use Micah Parsons exclusively as a pass rusher, which I'm not sure I agree with

https://deadspin.com/micah-parsons-could-be-the-top-pass-rusher-in-the-nfl-i-1849389486

Dude is a god damned beast that can do it all and I think he's far more effective being deployed all over the field like other notable hall of fame linebackers of his skill level. When I watched Dallas last year, the motherfucker seemed like he was everywhere and he scares the poo poo out of me. Blitzing him every play seems like a waste to me and eliminates like half of his game.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Here's an article arguing that Dallas should use Micah Parsons exclusively as a pass rusher, which I'm not sure I agree with

https://deadspin.com/micah-parsons-could-be-the-top-pass-rusher-in-the-nfl-i-1849389486

Dude is a god damned beast that can do it all and I think he's far more effective being deployed all over the field like other notable hall of fame linebackers of his skill level. When I watched Dallas last year, the motherfucker seemed like he was everywhere and he scares the poo poo out of me. Blitzing him every play seems like a waste to me and eliminates like half of his game.

It depends on whether his pass rush success was a result of him playing all over the field, making sliding protections problematic. He was one of the best pass rushers in the league in terms of how often he got home, and if that efficiency held playing 100% of the time as an EDGE, then you don't waste those reps playing him in coverage.

Whats more likely though is that his versatility and ability to disguise the rush and drop into coverage is on the whole more valuable across the balance of a game or defensive series.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

It depends on whether his pass rush success was a result of him playing all over the field, making sliding protections problematic. He was one of the best pass rushers in the league in terms of how often he got home, and if that efficiency held playing 100% of the time as an EDGE, then you don't waste those reps playing him in coverage.

Whats more likely though is that his versatility and ability to disguise the rush and drop into coverage is on the whole more valuable across the balance of a game or defensive series.

I'd like to point out that I didn't read the article first, and in the interview, Quinn just said exactly what I said so there, fuckers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Thank God we've got the analytics guy to drop this deep knowledge bomb on us

After living in a prison van behind his favorite gym the entire off-season??? How could this be

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

blarzgh posted:

That was my take away as well but I'm obviously not an NFL DC or HC.

Just seems to me like, I remember Lawrence Taylor (and I'm not putting Parsons in that category) would line up all over the loving place and wreak havoc in a hundred different ways. Ray Lewis too. Singletary. Wilbur Marshall. Seth Joyner. I think not knowing where a guy like that might line up or what his assignment is makes him harder to deal with. If you just pin his ears back and send him at the QB, then the offense slides protection, gives help and doubles him or rolls away from him. You can run at him with traps and draws. Which, don't get me wrong, is incredibly useful and for sure gives the offense fits but turning a multi faceted, all round talent like that into a pure edge rusher seems like it's removing half of all the things he can do and rendering him predictable. You don't have to turn him into JJ Watt and I think it'd be a mistake to try.

Not being able to account for the hundred things he can do makes him harder to deal with I think.

It's like a WR who is good on deep balls. You don't send that guy on a 9 route every play, do you? Unless he's Desean Jackson and that's all he can do. The player's long pass ability opens up a ton of poo poo you can do with him and frees up things for other guys. I dunno.

I have supreme confidence that Dallas can gently caress him up somehow though.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 10, 2022

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://youtube.com/shorts/Izh5Ezsi8E4?feature=share

Not NFCE related, just super cool

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah :smith:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

The only guys over the last 15 years I can recall having a breakout season, then having their productivity falling off a cliff are Miles Austin and LVE.

LVE was injured, and he's coming back into form.

They actually have a great track record of developing talent, their issue is cap and contract mismanagement because of gently caress face wanting to play GM.

All we need to worry about is that Jerry extends Parsons early enough to save some money, like he failed to do with Dak and Randy Gregory.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

indeed super cool ty

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/_RyanFowler_/st...son-opportunity

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
🆖

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://theathletic.com/3485034/2022/08/12/nfl-quarterback-betrayal-rankings-brees-herbert-romo?source=user-shared-article

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just post the list I’m not clicking that

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Did the Giants look good last night?

I didn’t see a snap.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Their starters didn’t play so probably yes

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

euphronius posted:

Their starters didn’t play so probably yes

1st team offense and defense played.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why would you play your starters ??

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Just post the list I’m not clicking that

I meant to follow up but got busy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

davecrazy posted:

I didn’t see a snap.

They looked okay I guess. Tyrod probably outplayed Jones. I think the new spread scheme from Daboll will actually help them a bit.

But they were far from amazing and it was a very boring game to watch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

I meant to follow up but got busy

Literally the fakest numbers ever

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

blarzgh posted:

The only guys over the last 15 years I can recall having a breakout season, then having their productivity falling off a cliff are Miles Austin and LVE.

LVE was injured, and he's coming back into form.

They actually have a great track record of developing talent, their issue is cap and contract mismanagement because of gently caress face wanting to play GM.

All we need to worry about is that Jerry extends Parsons early enough to save some money, like he failed to do with Dak and Randy Gregory.

Fair enough and I can't think of any names either. Zeke came to mind but not sure that counts.

And what I meant is, Dallas will gently caress up having Parsons on the team and wasting that. Not that he will suddenly stop being awesome and a complete monster on defense. poo poo, knowing this franchise, Parsons will wind up loving up off the field and getting himself in trouble or something somehow but, even though gently caress the Cowboys, I hope not because I really like him as a player and he's fun to watch when he's not going ape poo poo against the Eagles.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

davecrazy posted:

No.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Literally the fakest numbers ever

Why

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts looked electric tonight

Huge vibes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Defense is a QB stat

If the defense is bad that is partially the QBs fault

Play
Apr 25, 2006

euphronius posted:

Defense is a QB stat

If the defense is bad that is partially the QBs fault

partially as in like less than 2 percent, and that's being generous

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2 percent ? I’d say like 80%

Play
Apr 25, 2006

euphronius posted:

2 percent ? I’d say like 80%

interesting theory...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Basically what I'm seeing tonight is the eagles are utterly unstoppable and we should probably just be crowned super bowl now