Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

How poo poo on is rivers of blood after the patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Rivers of poo poo

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Good.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Can't wait for the DLC to be released after all this balancing so the PvP meta can be dominated by the 3 insanely overpowered weapons they add in the DLC areas instead.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Unironically same but only because I know the DLC is going to add something absolutely goofy and bizarre. I don't care whether it's armour or a weapon or a spell or what. I want more incredibly weird nonsense to play Fashion Souls with.

It was certainly a long time coming. It sounds like it's mostly Corpse Piler that got dinged, so I'm sure RoB is still a good weapon if you actually, like, use its moveset.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Tolth posted:

Can't wait for the DLC to be released after all this balancing so the PvP meta can be dominated by the 3 insanely overpowered weapons they add in the DLC areas instead.

They'll include Torrents of Blood, which is RoB but unnerfed and also the art is now homing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

They'll include Torrents of Blood, which is RoB but unnerfed and also the art is now homing.

However, it will only be usable from horseback, making it a nonissue in PvP.

Then the second DLC will add a lot of really awesome changes to mounted combat, including the ability to ride Torrent in multiplayer in certain areas. This will instantly render those areas completely impassable to anyone with a Remedy active due to the infinite horde of horseback blood munchkins competing for unsatisfying low-effort invasion kills.

Other predictions: Vyke's dragonfucking ways will be explicitly acknowledged ingame via NPC dialogue, and the guy who had a huge crush on Miquella (no not Mohg, the one who wrote the sleepy item recipe books) will be available as a pretty good spirit ash. Also there will be a hosed up insane little tailor guy (no not Boc, a different wretched little man) who can sell you all of the colourful merchant outfit varieties worn by the merchants throughout the Lands Between. Finally, you can get your very own Altus Plateau Merchant sunflower costume!! You can get the weird violin too; it is an absolutely poo poo weapon but is still a Necessary Item because the weapon art lets you sadly play it, which is of course absolutely mandatory in the seconds following a PvP victory

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 9, 2022

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I guess I finished my Bleed playthrough at the right time. I beat Malenia primarily using ROB which I imagine will be a lot harder now lol.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Can't believe that after months and months they decided that just now was the time to nerf rivers of blood, better late then never I guess but I had completely given up on PVP in this game already.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What's fun is that if I am reading it right, it won't actually be a big shift in damage if you get up close enough to use the blade instead of just the blood slashes so it shouldn't be too too huge a nerf for PvE.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean part of the reason it was so good in pve is *because* you could stand a mile away from your target with it

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
How long did it take them to announce the dlc for bloodborne?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Angry Diplomat posted:

It was certainly a long time coming. It sounds like it's mostly Corpse Piler that got dinged, so I'm sure RoB is still a good weapon if you actually, like, use its moveset.

Agree it had a good run but it's for the best it got knocked down. I'm a little sad to see stars of ruin has less tracking but it was a LITTLE egregious.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

SHISHKABOB posted:

How long did it take them to announce the dlc for bloodborne?

About six months. This game is a bit bigger than bloodborne so I bet it'll take longer to announce something

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The offline method is an NPC invasion sign at Writheblood Ruins (place with all the blood dogs and the Mohg noble in Altus). The NPC is pretty aggressive, but not hard at level 100.

You also get an extra great stars for killing him

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

skasion posted:

The offline method is an NPC invasion sign at Writheblood Ruins (place with all the blood dogs and the Mohg noble in Altus). The NPC is pretty aggressive, but not hard at level 100.

Legitimately a massive early game unga bunga buff.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Chevy Slyme posted:

Legitimately a massive early game unga bunga buff.

It’s about 15 feet away from the cart that already has great stars on it too, lol.

Gonna run my low level guy up there in a second to see how feasible he is at like 45.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

gently caress yea double morning star action.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

skasion posted:

Well there is my next build.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Never really got the point of Varre's quest. Early access to Mohg is cool but he'll beat the poo poo out of you if you face him underleveled unless you're on NG+. I suppose an underleveled character with comet azzur might be able to handle him.

And you don't really get anything else right other than Varre's weapon?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Never really got the point of Varre's quest. Early access to Mohg is cool but he'll beat the poo poo out of you if you face him underleveled unless you're on NG+. I suppose an underleveled character with comet azzur might be able to handle him.

easiest rune farm in the game is at Mohgwyn

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also getting cool stuff in suicide runs and the crest is an always usable teleport, I think?

On that note I should really visit the place rn.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

skasion posted:

easiest rune farm in the game is at Mohgwyn

Yeah that is true I hadn't considered that.

I guess looking at the wiki there are some smithing stone 6, 7s, and 8s you can get as well. Also a few other miscellaneous items you could rush to loot. Rushing swarm of flies once upon a time would have been pretty nice I guess but iirc that's been nerfed and isn't as good these days.

I wonder what's the earliest a caster could laser Mohg down. If you rushed 60 int and comet azzur could you kill him pretty early? Probably could, though I think the unlimited mana tear is in Mt Gelmir and would be not easy to rush

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Its not easy but it is doable because you can hop up past the wyrm catch the zoraya warp and run to it pretty quick

Edit: VVVV thats a good point

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 9, 2022

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The invasion is totally doable at 35 vigor +10. Just watch out for those lion’s claws.

Ginette Reno posted:

I wonder what's the earliest a caster could laser Mohg down. If you rushed 60 int and comet azzur could you kill him pretty early? Probably could, though I think the unlimited mana tear is in Mt Gelmir and would be not easy to rush

Eh I mean, you have to go most of the way there to get Comet Azur in the first place.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

BitTorrents of Blood. When the bleed procs the game transfers one random media file from the victim's hard drive to yours.
Use with caution.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

CaptainCrunch posted:

BitTorrents of Blood. When the bleed procs the game transfers one random media file from the victim's hard drive to yours.
Use with caution.

Looking forward to the new PvP meta where people fill their hard drives with absurdly high-res copies of Bee Movie so as to cause BToB users to experience lag spikes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm just disappointed that they reused a bunch of assets from sekiro but not the firecrackers

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ginette Reno posted:

The easy rune farm is nice, but even without that, if you’re not inclined to the cheese, you’ve got an abundance of high level smithing stones and gloveworts, a ton of very high level hard runes (like 100k’s worth) just for running around a bunch, and most importantly, the white mask, which is just a flat 20% damage boost for bleed builds and extremely good.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tolth posted:

Very Very Great Sword

Large and Great Great and Large Club Club

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

actually went and read the patch notes (found here btw: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/elden-ring/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-106) and honestly the thing that i'm most curious about is making guard counters/heavy attacks/charged heavy attacks faster for greatswords. sounds like an inadvertent buff to the darkmoon greatsword, whose heavy attacks already got sped up a bit once (i think)

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 9, 2022

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

They nerfed Rivers of Blood and Bloodhound Claw? Might be time to try some PVP again.....

Never had a -ton- of problem with those items as a caster, but it got old when 3/4ths of duelists were using them.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo, just started playing again, and the lovely everybody using bleed pvp upturned? (I hope...)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh loving hell, I'm already on edge because of my possible need to update the BIOS so EAC won't freeze my PC again and now I discover the new patch has hosed over SSAO, if I turn it on lightning flashes so fast it hurts my eyes. Updating drivers did nothing to help.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

YO WHAT THE gently caress THEY NERFED BLOODHOUND STEP??????? FINALLY??

and long range invasions/summons???? :sbahj:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm already on edge because of my possible need to update the BIOS

Why? Update your BIOS, whenever possible. Do it

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

no more trying to decipher the loving multiplayer map is well worth nerfing the toy that is bhs. I wish it was a nerf limited to pvp since it's a fun crutch in pve though. have recently discovered ash counters to my biggest weaknesses in pvp, carian retaliation (vs caster dorks) and beast roar (RoB dorks), excited to see what the patch did for my bigass butchering knife (greataxe I think)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
The old meta is dead! Long live the new meta!

That is to say I expect everyone to start spaming fallingstar beast jaw.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Dang this patch is really good it would have owned if this dropped like 2 months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love the summon range change.