Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you wanted more proof Cornette doesn't bother watching and has no idea what he's talking about, try to guess who the headline is talking about.

https://twitter.com/Inside_TheRopes/status/1554822028858757122

Jay Lethal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
he's also concluded that Starks is being hidden, while reviewing a segment where Starks had two matches in a row and then an amazing promo leading into an angle that is going to be followed up on this week. after he's just been involved in the tag title scene and been on TV or PPV every week.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
#FreeJayLethal

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If you wanted more proof Cornette doesn't bother watching and has no idea what he's talking about, try to guess who the headline is talking about.

https://twitter.com/Inside_TheRopes/status/1554822028858757122

Jay Lethal

Nastyism is running wild on Jim Cornette

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

he's also concluded that Starks is being hidden, while reviewing a segment where Starks had two matches in a row and then an amazing promo leading into an angle that is going to be followed up on this week. after he's just been involved in the tag title scene and been on TV or PPV every week.

Ah yes, hidden in plain sight.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
*me after watching Jay Lethal be mediocre and boring all over AEW, ROH and Ric Flair PPVs for the past few months*

hmmm.....this needs more Jay Lethal

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tato posted:

*me after watching Jay Lethal be mediocre and boring all over AEW, ROH and Ric Flair PPVs for the past few months*

Remember when he was Macho Man??

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

Jay Lethal has been anything but boring, he just had his best match with Samoa Joe dating back 17 years.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Whenever Jay Lethal appears onscreen, that's a signal that it's sleepy time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Jay Lethal has been anything but boring, he just had his best match with Samoa Joe dating back 17 years.

Straight up the moment he turned heel he has been tearing it up.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
not accounting for outside the ring stuff that sucks, Jay Lethal is fine enough. HE's a decent upper midcard type guy. I don't love his style, and i don't love his finisher unless people are countering it, where i admit it is very fun. Good at losing.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Jay Lethal fucken sucks. He was good for a bit in TNA twelve years ago.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Since Jim recently complained about Jay Lethal not being on AEW because Tony Khan likes Orange Cassidy more, I decided to listen to his review of Jay Lethal vs Orange Cassidy. He starts off complaining generally about the existence of Orange Cassidy, then puts over Jay Lethal as "a quality human being, who is never going to get you any bad publicity." Brian Last pushes back and Cornette responds that it's "not for anything legitimate" and they're "just the ravings of lunatic women" and facetiously states that if you say anything bad about Jay Lethal you're a racist. He says that he means he's not going to get arrested for drunk driving or drug possession and, equally as important, also isn't going to wrestle the invisible man or a small child.

Brian Last tries to move onto the match, and Jim says he didn't watch the match. They then theorize about why Orange Cassidy is on the show. Brian thinks guys like CM Punk and Bryan Danielson were influencing Tony Khan to keep Orange Cassidy off the show, because as soon as they were injured, he started showing up again. The reality of course is that Orange Cassidy was injured until recently. Jim thinks they put Orange Cassidy in the opening match because they've done market research, and found that women who love The Big Bang Theory also like Orange Cassidy because he's a comedy goof who makes fun of wrestling.

They're both surprised Lethal won but think it hurt him overall. Jim concludes that Orange Cassidy won't be around much longer.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 9, 2022

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Jim says he didn't watch the match

lmbo

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Corny fell off

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

He was never on.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

7 or 8 years ago maybe, when his shtick was relatively novel. Since then, he's screamed and shouted himself into a pit of irrelevance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

7 or 8 years ago maybe, when his shtick was relatively novel. Since then, he's screamed and shouted himself into a pit of irrelevance.

Ironically 8 years ago was his anti-Muslim rant that ran off his co-host at the time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
tbh we should have figured it all out when Jim Cornette's entire gimmick was talking about all the absolutely stupid booking decisions that happened when he was in creative, and somehow he was never responsible for any of it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

you'd think he'd course change at this point just based on raw carny instinct, but no, he's so far gone that he's just gonna piledrive himself into the ground.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Why would he? He never bothered to change direction when the gates were down as a promoter

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Ironically 8 years ago was his anti-Muslim rant that ran off his co-host at the time.

Oh poo poo, it was that long ago? I thought it was more recent than that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

Oh poo poo, it was that long ago? I thought it was more recent than that.

2015 my mistake 7 years ago!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Which was not dissimilar to the in-ring rant he went on post 9/11 in OVW. It was at least nice to see that Cena in his Prototype days having the decency to look embarrassed.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/GreatBrianLast/status/1559560177875025923?t=eiqR5ZR0xhjw4o713iL34g&s=19

Well this seems extremely cursed

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

You ever want to hear Jim Cornette try to pronounce “Waifu” or “Husbando?” It happens here.

He also reads and discusses the storylines of some of the top anime (mostly hentai) games.

It’s a collision of worlds, at the very least, I tell you what.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I guess the whole 'wrestling' thing isn't panning out anymore.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Where can I donate money to have Jim Cornette play and review Clannad?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
These goddamn mudshow catgirls and King Arthurs are killing the business Shiori built!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jim cornette play doki doki literature club

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cornette review anime challenge, talk about how Kuwabara can’t draw.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

jim cornette should watch jojo's bizzare adventure because he can do his whole schtick and say he only likes part 1 when it was real men and not those drat twinks of part 7

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

brian last: so becky comes out..

cornette: this was the absolute drizzling shits. they have her come out and act all fuckin tsundere, it was awful. if you're going to turn her face poo poo or get off the pot

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I hope he at least gets a different artist for his vtube persona

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Have Cornette remake Action Buttons nearly 6 hour review of Tokimeki Memorial.

https://youtu.be/xb-DtICmPTY

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Had a look at his Patreon and he's not posted anything since December which I guess is a bigger factor in why people are unsubbng from it. Does suggest that he wasn't making much for doing the thing though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

to get anything out of his patreon you have to pledge 5 bucks so he was probably making 4 to 5 thousand dollars per month on it at the peak, assuming half the users were giving the 5 bucks and nobody was giving more than that which is a very kind lowball. niche podcasts can be lucrative but he's working, malding, didn't ask, get good, cope, you fell off, and ratio'd that he was not making much from it

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol