Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Another in the eternal chain of uselessly pointing out Republican hypocrisy. BUT HER EMAILS, they're on a non-secure server and that's a national security risk don'chaknow. Better lock her up, that's dangerous.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Well, let's just take a look. No mention of Ben Ghazi yet or if they ever caught that dude

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-having-nuclear-meltdown-030125048.html

Fox News Is Having a Nuclear Meltdown Over the Feds Raiding Mar-a-Lago

quote:

Jesse Watters set the tone early, ranting about how the Justice Department is giving Democrats a pass while going after poor, innocent Trump. Dana Loesch, the former National Rifle Association spokesperson, agreed. “There’s more evidence to implicate the Bidens than there is for the Trumps,” she claimed. “Everything they’ve accused the former first family of, it seems like it’s the Bidens that have done it.”

Will Cain, who filled in for Tucker Carlson on Tucker Carlson Tonight, cast the raid in historical terms, wondering if it marked a “seminal moment” that “generations will look back on and ask, ‘Was this a moment we broke apart or we were able to come together?'”

Cain then asked whether there was an “evidentiary” or “legal” basis for the raid, or if it was simply a “partisan witch hunt.” (Cain mentioned that Trump allegedly took classified documents from the White House to Mar-a-Lago almost immediately before wondering if there was any basis for the search.)

Lara Trump said she didn’t see any issue with the former president potentially stealing classified documents from the White House. “My father-in-law, as anybody knows who’s been around him a lot, loves to save things like newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, photographs — documents that he had every authority to take from the White House,” she explained to Cain before transitioning into a rant about Hillary Clinton’s emails.

Others suggested a more terrifying response. Russ Voght of the Center for Renewing America told Laura Ingraham that Republicans need to “dismantle the FBI into a thousand bits” and “prepare for a church style commission next year if given a Republican majority.”

“When we get power back, it’s time to hold everyone accountable,” Ingraham added. “The military leadership, the civilian leadership, the civil service, those in Congress who have abused their power — all of them have to be held accountable.”

GOP not real big on backing law enforcement any more.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

This is the same braying jackass who would go to city council meetings and do terrible raps about vaccines complete with props and fake sçrubs. Weird poo poo

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

HUNTER BIDEN LAPTOP!!!!
I’ve already seen CHUDs claim that ‘Trump is being treated like a criminal instead of the TRUE criminal Hunter Biden!’

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So what has been the reaction to the Alex Jones trial? Or has the Trump raid overshadowed it?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

So what has been the reaction to the Alex Jones trial? Or has the Trump raid overshadowed it?

Bingo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Oh, now THERE is a name I haven't heard for a long, long time:

https://twitter.com/edroso/status/1557099431572684800

Also: LMAO.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well, if the radio is anything to go by, and it is...then GOP reaction is about what you'd expect.

This is an outrage, a witch hunt,a big over reach by deep state big government and blah blah blah.

Not one person I've heard sat there and wen't "holy poo poo, a former president got up to enough illegal poo poo that the loving FBI had to look at it", no sir. To a man, they're all picking on poor Donald who hugs flags and loves America.

I didn't give it a long listen but didn't really have to. It's all just a Sad Day For America. Not for anything Trump might have done to disgrace the office or that it's so bad it's come to this and our government is in a shambles, but because they just won't leave the one remaining True Patriot in the country alone and insist on picking on him.

Can't say I honestly expected more or better but it was still sad to listen to. Everyone is just loving with the poor fascist people that love america who defend it from the far left everything. I admit to being somewhat impressed at the speed by which they circled the wagons but I'm not surprised.

It's all just a sad SAD day for america and, while agree with them, none of it coincides with as to why I concur.

They've dug in deep very fast.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

FMguru posted:

Oh, now THERE is a name I haven't heard for a long, long time:

https://twitter.com/edroso/status/1557099431572684800

Also: LMAO.
She’s running for Congress in a different part of the state now

Previously she ran in a district in South Florida

Now, she’s running against another incumbent Republican in Central FL

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

That's not how baptism works

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, being "covered in the blood of Jesus Christ" sounds more like she went on a wine bender and is trying to pass it off as a conversion.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Defund the FBI.

Wow the GOP sure became the radical left fast after god empires turnip

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, let's just take a look. No mention of Ben Ghazi yet or if they ever caught that dude

Trump is a big scrapbooker, we all know this

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FlamingLiberal posted:

And badmouthing her opponent as too old for the job, because criticizing the elderly is totally a winning move in Florida.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Defund the FBI.

Wow the GOP sure became the radical left fast after god empires turnip

Eeeeeh. It's the usual fascist "playing with words" thing. They know the other side is using those words, so they'll say the same words, but it's all lies. They don't want to defund anything unless it's public education or the IRS or something like that. They want to seize power and carry out a purge of disloyal law enforcement so that only the right kind of people are getting attacked and destroyed. They're just vomiting out these specific words because it's conversational chaff that muddies the waters, forcing people who believe in words to explain those words over and over.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

does FL not have a floor for the min number of years a person needs to live in a place?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

So much for that whole "the Murdochs are done covering for Trump and are on the DeSantis train now" thing from a week and a half ago.

Like I said, they always go back to Trump.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
yeah this is the quickiest I seen them get in line for DA MESSAGE.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It must really loving suck to be Ronnie Rotten right now, watching his presidential aspirations go up in smoke because the FBI raided Trump's vacation house and now EVERY Republican has run back to Trump's feet to comfort daddy while he's maddy and are getting all hard and horny at the prospect of the sweet revenge Trump will help them enact once he's president again.

He got the tap on the shoulder, that it was his time to shine, and old Rupert literally came along and untapped him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

We are going to be dealing with Ron for a long time, I have to imagine. God knows Rick Scott didn't go away.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1556785162012151809

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is he going to use blog posts to make them all cum on New Year’s Day?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Or what, Scott? You gonna kill another stepson?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Breaking News: Scott Adams has sanctioned Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi who are now prohibited from reading new Dilbert material.

OH MY GOD HE DID IT, FOLKS

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 10, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Conservatives trying to press charges against a trans activist for saying that they are giving away hormone meds to minors free of charge.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/conservatives-accuse-trans-activist-illegally-sending-hormone-drugs-children-citing-social-media?intcmp=tw_fnc

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

some kinda jackal posted:

Breaking News: Scott Adams has sanctioned Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and Nancy Pelosi who are now prohibited from reading new Dilbert material.

Scott Adams finding new ways to be pathetic.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

RWM having a normal one. What gets me is they don't even know what was seized or what it pertains to. They just somehow know it's all made up

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d39zq/trump-supporters-civil-war-fbi-search-mar-a-lago

quote:

“I think there is going to be some more action you are going to see out on the streets from the base after they see this break tonight,” commentator Jesse Watters said on Fox News. “They've had it with what this corrupt government and what the FBI has done."

Stephen Miller, a former senior adviser to Trump, appeared on Fox News calling the FBI’s action an “abomination.”

"We are truly living in a situation where the FBI has become a praetorian guard from Rome where they take it unto themselves to decide who wields power in this country,” Miller added.

Far-right troll Jack Posobiec unleashed an unhinged torrent of tweets in the wake of the FBI search, writing, among other things, that the “federal security state has declared war on Donald J Trump and his supporters.

Are you ready?” Posobiec asked his 1.8 million followers.

Right-wing media personality Candace Owens called for the FBI to be “legally and formally dissolved,” while Kari Lake, a Trump-endorsed candidate for governor in Arizona, called Monday “one of the darkest days in American history,” later adding “not a single one of us is safe.”

While some attempted to couch their calls to arms in codewords, others were more open about their desire for violence. “Time to take the gloves off,” far-right activist and GOP congressional candidate Laura Loomer wrote on her Telegram channel. “It’s been time. If you’re a freedom-loving American, you must remove the words decorum and civility from your vocabulary. This is a WAR! And it’s time to obliterate these communists.”

Fox News host and podcaster Dan Bongino called the FBI’s action “some third-world bullshit,” a phrase repeated by Trump’s son Eric, Trump spokeswoman Liz Harrington, and the official Twitter account of the Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The best bit about Don Bongos on this was him being 100% correct here https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1556787938209529856?s=20&t=v29jPg970QV_Qu6v3IEOAw

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

I refuse to either give him clicks or go on Twitter. Did he really?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Tesseraction posted:

The best bit about Don Bongos on this was him being 100% correct here https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1556787938209529856?s=20&t=v29jPg970QV_Qu6v3IEOAw

He is right. I was very happy to not have Trump news shoved down my throat every second of every day after the election, but I'll allow this.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

That's some "Grandpa complains to the waiter about breadsticks" energy right there.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm so glad that using power to attack enemies is wrong in the eyes of republicans. I do, however, find it odd that they aren't talking about Desantis doing that to state attorney in Tampa.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ok, Scott, we're on notice regarding your deadline of what the government owes you by way of explanation.

Got it.

I forgot there for a second that the U.S. Government and the FBI has 2 days to inform washed up cartoonists of their motivations and the legal merits of their case(s).

Look out, everybody. The Dilbert guy has us on 48 hour blast.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Prism posted:

There's still 12 hours left before his deadline. He has meanwhile tweeted this https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1557339656328343553

Reminding us that he thinks the entire insurrection was the FBI in costume apparently, because they didn't outright say "we didn't do it" because obviously when someone asks you a ridiculous question unless you take it very seriously that means you're guilty.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

There's still 12 hours left before his deadline. He has meanwhile tweeted this https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1557339656328343553

Reminding us that he thinks the entire insurrection was the FBI in costume apparently, because they didn't outright say "we didn't do it" because obviously when someone asks you a ridiculous question unless you take it very seriously that means you're guilty.

Was it Antifa? What's he say about the known RW types openly bragging about being proud of it and the pundits saying it was no big deal and peaceful?

I really don't like conservatives.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

BiggerBoat posted:

Was it Antifa? What's he say about the known RW types openly bragging about being proud of it and the pundits saying it was no big deal and peaceful?

I really don't like conservatives.

Clearly the braggers are antifa plants playing a long game.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hunt11 posted:

Scott Adams finding new ways to be pathetic.

Prism posted:

No no no I'm joking guys; How would he even do that? :q:

Then again given how pathetic and petty he is I could easily see him just making a symbolic statement so I apologize for crafting plausible news :ohdear:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

No no no I'm joking guys; How would he even do that? :q:

Then again given how pathetic and petty he is I could easily see him just making a symbolic statement so I apologize for crafting plausible news :ohdear:

Yeah, obviously it would be meaningless but I wouldn't put it past him to declare such a thing. Hence the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tesseraction posted:

Well it is.