Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

coolusername posted:

The utility is the community we made along the way. It’s just bro mlm.

GM 💋!! Let’s reach that 🌕 by HODLing our brand new ✨lowest copyright laws EVER✨ NFT. It’s so 🤯, this chemical-free, all organic 🦧 changed my life in ONLY three hours.. now I don’t need a job grinding 9-5, because I’m my OWN 📈 stonks boss 💪

Why haven’t you heard about it before 🤔? Because big 🤢 fiat 💵 is trying to hide this life-changing secret 🤫 from you!

Want to get in on this 🚀?? It’s 100% a one time only offer for the most 💎🤝 boss bros 💅

DM me for more info! 😘

WGMI xoxoxo 💕💕

This post was so awful I think you just gave me cancer.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

coolusername posted:

GM 💋!! Let’s reach that 🌕 by HODLing our brand new ✨lowest copyright laws EVER✨ NFT. It’s so 🤯, this chemical-free, all organic 🦧 changed my life in ONLY three hours.. now I don’t need a job grinding 9-5, because I’m my OWN 📈 stonks boss 💪

Why haven’t you heard about it before 🤔? Because big 🤢 fiat 💵 is trying to hide this life-changing secret 🤫 from you!

Want to get in on this 🚀?? It’s 100% a one time only offer for the most 💎🤝 boss bros 💅

DM me for more info! 😘

WGMI xoxoxo 💕💕
At least with traditional MLMs people could get useful products in their hands in the end...

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

Sounds like you need some essential apes.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Some followup on the Tornadocash:

https://cryptobriefing.com/infura-alchemy-block-tornado-cash-following-treasury-ban/

lovely website, but basically all the crypto wallets will no longer connect to Tornado due to this - they rely on infura and alchemy, mostly.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Oh no how will I ever launder all my money?!

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

coolusername posted:

DM me for more info! 😘

WGMI xoxoxo 💕💕

Paging The Saddest Rhino

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

sick of Applebees posted:

Paging The Saddest Rhino

It'd just be the same post, but with more smilies and the phrase "daddy's cummies" worked in there somewhere

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

One interesting aspect of crypto is how regulation and restriction still lags so far behind non-crypto stuff.

Thefts of hundreds of millions of dollars would be the stuff of movies in the regular world, but in crypto it's just another day (or more than once a day).

How long has it taken the SEC to realise that Tornado Cash was a completely transparent money laundering system, and act upon it? Pretty much every scam there has been in crypto has ended up with the ill gotten gains being dispatched to it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

repiv posted:

new meta: airdrop sanctioned tokens to your posting enemies wallets then report them to OFAC

already happening: https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/08/09/someone-is-trolling-celebs-by-sending-eth-from-tornado-cash/

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

Speaking sadly from experience, this post is worse than cancer.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Sashimi posted:

At least with traditional MLMs people could get useful products in their hands in the end...

Useful?

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Lularoe tights can make excellent rags.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

It'd just be the same post, but with more smilies and the phrase "daddy's cummies" worked in there somewhere

Non-fungible cummies.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Durzel posted:

Thefts of hundreds of millions of dollars would be the stuff of movies in the regular world, but in crypto it's just another day (or more than once a day).

thefts of hundreds of millions of dollars are a big deal in any world! the reason that it doesn't seem like a big deal in the crypto world is because that's not actually happening. people don't make movies about headlines like "$200 million of monkeybutt jpegs stolen" because everyone knows deep down inside that there's no such thing as a monkeybutt jpeg worth millions of dollars

drk
Jan 16, 2005

knowingly interacting with a sanctioned entity to own the man puts you on the list of people who bad things happen to. and you know someone will eventually talk (edit: like this guy below)

in other words: lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

drk posted:

knowingly interacting with a sanctioned entity to own the man puts you on the list of people who bad things happen to. and you know someone will eventually talk (edit: like this guy below)

in other words: lol

I wonder if it was intended that the trustless networks have no concept of consent, whether it was unintended because the developers also have no concept of consent, or whether neither of those are true but it's just funny

But like, imagine believing that "anyone can put anything into any wallet at any time with zero ability for any other party to reject it" was a feature and not a bug

Looking at all of the major crypto figures makes it very clear that consent has little bearing on how they live their lives generally

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Somfin posted:

I wonder if it was intended that the trustless networks have no concept of consent, whether it was unintended because the developers also have no concept of consent, or whether neither of those are true but it's just funny

But like, imagine believing that "anyone can put anything into any wallet at any time with zero ability for any other party to reject it" was a feature and not a bug

Looking at all of the major crypto figures makes it very clear that consent has little bearing on how they live their lives generally

I mean, blockchain and crypto folks spend a ton of time on consent and consent protocols.

Now, these protocols are 100% concerned with the consent of the people running the chain verifying that a transaction happened. None of if is focused the parties involved in the transaction actually consented to it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, blockchain and crypto folks spend a ton of time on consent and consent protocols.

Now, these protocols are 100% concerned with the consent of the people running the chain verifying that a transaction happened. None of if is focused the parties involved in the transaction actually consented to it.

You did this on purpose, right? So 50 goons would burst into the room and make libertarian jokes?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Add consent. Now you make people pay gas fees only for the other party to not accept the transaction. That would be pretty glorious for bitcoin.

inputfailed
Nov 9, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

You did this on purpose, right? So 50 goons would burst into the room and make libertarian jokes?

Of course Pham Nuwen would be a bitcoiner

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

inputfailed posted:

Of course Pham Nuwen would be a bitcoiner

A Deepness in the Sky except one of the Emergents is obsessed with cryptocurrency and keeps killing off the human computer-slaves by making them compute hashes for days on end...

inputfailed
Nov 9, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

A Deepness in the Sky except one of the Emergents is obsessed with cryptocurrency and keeps killing off the human computer-slaves by making them compute hashes for days on end...

A Fire Upon the Deep except the skrode riders are slow because they have a mining trojan.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Somfin posted:

Gah I remember this, it was something like how a character is a mark and not copy, and it only counts as plagiarism if you explicitly use an existing work and duplicate it, but tracing isn't that

I'd love to see them try to trace some Disney artwork and do the same thing and see how well that works out

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Can I mint a billion useless monkey jpegs and flood people's wallets with it? So they have to scroll through 50 million of my spam monkeys on their phone wallet, to get to the one BAYC monkey that they need to show off to their date at dinner or whatever. Are penis enlargement pills just going to send ad NFTs to everyone's wallets, where they will now be permanently stuck due to blockchain immutability?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Rad Russian posted:

Can I mint a billion useless monkey jpegs and flood people's wallets with it? So they have to scroll through 50 million of my spam monkeys on their phone to get to the one BAYC monkey that they need to show off to their date at dinner or whatever.

Yes, but it would cost like a hundred bucks each in gas fees and it would take you like 38.5 days to do 50,000,0000 transactions on the etherium network because it does about 10-20 per second.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Rad Russian posted:

Can I mint a billion useless monkey jpegs and flood people's wallets with it? So they have to scroll through 50 million of my spam monkeys on their phone wallet, to get to the one BAYC monkey that they need to show off to their date at dinner or whatever. Are penis enlargement pills just going to send ad NFTs to everyone's wallets, where they will now be permanently stuck due to blockchain immutability?

I think there's at least a 35% chance you'd accidentally invent some kind of crypto status symbol and make a bunch of money in the process.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

inputfailed posted:

A Fire Upon the Deep except the skrode riders are slow because they have a mining trojan.

Blightcoin!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I am deeply drinking the irony that the blockchain, one of whose pillars is its open, immutable ledger, is being undermined, again, by a highly visible obfuscation platform.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Rad Russian posted:

Totally. This is already happening especially on non-ETH blockchains where it costs like a cent to create and send an NFT rather than tens to hundreds of dollars.

Most NFT marketplaces and wallet interfaces have to give some option to hide this spam as you can't typically transfer the NFT out of your wallet without opening yourself up to malicious contract code.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I love having my accounts full of things that will steal all my money if I touch them so I have to just ignore them, the future is amazing.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/brextonpham/status/1556671590519021568?s=20&t=GSBtR2bkVoXtQ-XaYsDhzQ

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

inputfailed posted:

The Children of the Sky but I remember anything about it enough to make a Bitcoin joke.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Perfect time to buy, says reputable commercial publication.

‘Opening The Floodgates’—Crypto Braced For A $10 Trillion Earthquake As The Price Of Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, XRP, Solana, Cardano And Dogecoin Swing

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I see average investors going excessively long on the market right now, and getting liquidated. I think it may fuel next leg down on price, but too early to know.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I see average investors going excessively long on the market right now, and getting liquidated. I think it may fuel next leg down on price, but too early to know.

Do you have any idea what you're going on about?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

this guy's other articles.

aaaaaaaaaaaany minute now, wham, boom, straight to the moon.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

knox_harrington posted:

Do you have any idea what you're going on about?

Ah sorry, simple poo poo. Media manipulation looks like it may fuel a drop in price. At least hopefully number goes down.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Poopy Palpy posted:

The Children of the Sky but I remember anything about it enough to make a Bitcoin joke.
A Hodler Upon The Chain - how the High Transcend was emptied out by ape JPG spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Ah sorry, simple poo poo. Media manipulation looks like it may fuel a drop in price. At least hopefully number goes down.

Simple TA poo poo or simple FA poo poo? We're simply agog to find out which type of gas you're huffing