Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit Kevin you walked right into that trap.... :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Lance is a deranged madman EXCEPT when he has a mic, at which point he becomes very calm and restrained.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

is there any chance at all KENTA wins this? :(

I predicted KENTA to win it, but think it is far more likely Naito does. Also I'm 4-0 for the night so I am surely about to get this one wrong.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah i'm in favor of more countouts and it kinda makes sense that susceptibility to them could be a weakness of a big man even tho that really wasn't how they played this one.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Seams posted:

is there any chance at all KENTA wins this? :(

Not looking good since Naito brought the post match hat and shirt with him.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah naito's from tokyo but hiroshima's kinda an adopted hometown since he's a big carp fan

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
change :allears: to :kenta:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/PepsWrestling/status/1556972353518723072?t=neZa77lqjBicKzJ4zCEUNg&s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Seams posted:

change :allears: to :kenta:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

https://twitter.com/realchaseowens/status/1556964698398097410?s=20&t=Fdb_wYtCnUI5mkCGYtCmYQ

chase has incriminating photos of ohbari or something

Seams fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 9, 2022

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Chase is the definition of a Good Hand, some of the wins he's gotten in this G1 have been baffling but in general he's fine as a Bullet Club's job boy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Batista-esque spine buster.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
that GTS counter looked cool

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bad place for a cut.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
kenta nooo :negative:

i like kevin kelly's calls except for destino lol. dunno why.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

4-1 for the evening, and the right result even if KENTA being so low on points is a drag.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
uneven night of wrestling to say the least but the last two matches delivered

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Naito Menace must be stopped

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
ELP has killed me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1556983122927157249?s=21&t=5rzT7WugfS9T2D3I4rj7Nw

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Huge Yuj has grown too huge to be stopped. No Limit reunion in the G1 finals

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi/Tama was booked for me personally. What a great match.

Naito is gonna go all the way, I truly believe in him now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting really tired of Naito's story.

The dude won the loving Double Gold Dash but we have to redo the ENTIRE story just because KENTA interrupted his promo? Like, that's seriously the deal?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I mean it's aging top star feels his career is almost over and wants one last shot at the main event. The same guy being in the top title story twice isn't the same story.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

he and tana are consistently the most popular wrestlers in the country in whatever order in every domestic fan poll. giving him another run makes sense

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

And it's not like the only thing that happened to his title run was KENTA screwing up the roll call. There was also his partner betraying him and taking the title. Also the pandemic.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I mean it's aging top star feels his career is almost over and wants one last shot at the main event. The same guy being in the top title story twice isn't the same story.

I could've sworn both times Naito fell in some huge hole early, and it became BUT THE ODDS even though it was painfully obvious what would happen.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. That's what I meant by the same story.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If we're redoing the Double Gold Dash story then he's not winning the G1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I could've sworn both times Naito fell in some huge hole early, and it became BUT THE ODDS even though it was painfully obvious what would happen.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. That's what I meant by the same story.

He didn't overcome the odds because he didn't win the G1. He baited Jay into giving him an intercontinental title shot to sneak into the double gold dash

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

His last g1 victory was pretty much him at the top of the block for the run as a clear favorite. The double gold dash was a different type of comeback

Pandemic killing crowds probably hurt Naito's WOR Hall of fame chances a bit since if he had a big run he'd easily be voted in. He should still get in but it may take time as Non Japanese voters just really undervalue how over he is

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

second half of hiroshima doubleshot is tomorrow. couple days off after that until a return to tokyo at the machida gym on saturday

G1 CLIMAX 32
August 10th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST/18:30 JST
Hiroshima Sun Plaza Hall

YOSHI-HASHI, Yuto Nakashima, and Ryohei Oiwa vs. United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, and Aaron Henare)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. TMDK (JONAH and Bad Dude Tito)
Suzuki-gun (Lance Archer, Taichi, and TAKA Michinoku) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, KENTA, and Juice Robinson)
L.I.J (Naito, Shingo, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs.Bullet Club (Fale, Chase, Yujiro, and SHO)
G1 Climax D Block Match:David Finlay [6] vs. El Phantasmo [2]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Tama Tonga [4] vs. Great-O-Khan [2]
G1 Climax C Block Match:Zack Sabre Jr. [6] vs. EVIL [4]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Kazuchika Okada [6] vs. Tom Lawlor [4]
G1 Climax C Block Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi [6] vs. Hirooki Goto [4]

G1 CLIMAX 32
August 13th at 5:00 EDT/10:00 BST/18:00 JST
Machida Gymnasium, Tokyo

Tana, Tama, Finlay, and Jado vs. Bullet Club (Juice, Fale, Chase, and El-P)
TMDK (JONAH and Bad Dude Tito) vs. Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor and Royce Isaacs)
L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and BUSHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr., and TAKA Michinoku)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, and Tomohiro Ishii) vs. House of Torture (EVIL, SHO, and Dick Togo)
G1 Climax C Block Match:Aaron Henare [2] vs. KENTA [2]
G1 Climax A Block Match:Toru Yano [2] vs. Jeff Cobb [4]
G1 Climax D Block Match:Shingo Takagi [4] vs. Yujiro Takahashi [6]
G1 Climax D Block Match:YOSHI-HASHI [4] vs. Will Ospreay [4]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Taichi [4] vs. Jay White [6]

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He didn't overcome the odds because he didn't win the G1. He baited Jay into giving him an intercontinental title shot to sneak into the double gold dash

Okay I had forgotten that part.

God that's even more annoying (with the DGD, not this instance). I hated pretty much everything about the DGD, the only cool part was Naito (supposedly anyway) wanted to defend the titles individually. It was Ibushi (at least in storyline, IDK how legit any of that was) who wanted to unify them.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
tomorrow's card is really solid, I'm looking forward to all the block matches

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay I had forgotten that part.

God that's even more annoying (with the DGD, not this instance). I hated pretty much everything about the DGD, the only cool part was Naito (supposedly anyway) wanted to defend the titles individually. It was Ibushi (at least in storyline, IDK how legit any of that was) who wanted to unify them.

Yes, Naito challenged Ibushi specifically for the intercontinental title individually because he did not want it unified with the IWGP title

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yes, Naito challenged Ibushi specifically for the intercontinental title individually because he did not want it unified with the IWGP title

My point was more IDK if unifying them was always the plan and Ibushi was just the mouthpiece for that plan or if they actually decided to unify after Ibushi said something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax D Block Match:Shingo Takagi [4] vs. Yujiro Takahashi [6]

This is breaking my brain

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's one point more than Yujiro amassed last year, from four fewer matches at that.

The final point Yujiro got last year was from Shingo...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

This is breaking my brain

This G1 has some almost insulting decisions, yes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yujiro is top of the block I just realised holy poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Big Yuj gonna squash the lowly Shingo, then go on to absolutely dominate Naito (much to the delight of Foochs), win the G1 finals and main event Wrestle Kingdom 17 Night 5 finally winning the big one