Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

frogbs posted:

Bryan Cranston could absolutely pull off being the lead in a Predator-ish action movie.

Bryan Cranston's first role vs Predator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ruddiger posted:

Isn’t meth predator just the guy from I Come In Peace?

He wasn’t hitting his own supply

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

oh god oh gently caress posted:

wanna say I had this issue too. I wanted to watch the comanche dub but [FIRE CRACKLING] over and over got too distracting

Professional Mode: Comanche dub, no subtitles.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Bear is so loving good

mystes
May 31, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

The Bear is so loving good
Yeah and also the tv show by that name

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Probably should have clarified I was talking about the TV show considering the current bear movie related conversation :v:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

prey was cool. but then we watched an episode of the Orville and my wife said it was much more scary than prey lol

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is your wife easily scared by showtunes and the chance an actor will break into them?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Peacock has DRAMATICALLY improved their interface on Apple TV. No more 'only three program icons visible at a time'!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

A MIRACLE posted:

prey was cool. but then we watched an episode of the Orville and my wife said it was much more scary than prey lol

Oh poo poo which one, I haven't finished the new season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pretty cool to see Prey getting a lot of universally positive reception.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

mcmagic posted:

Pretty cool to see Prey getting a lot of universally positive reception.

I mean it was sick dude. I frickin loved it

Inspector Hound posted:

Oh poo poo which one, I haven't finished the new season

one of the newest ones a child is in danger in the woods

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I just finished Predator 2 and it has me wanting more urban sci-fi horror. What else falls in that genre? Ideally less outright horror.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

dredd. it has Karl urban

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

yoohoo posted:

I just finished Predator 2 and it has me wanting more urban sci-fi horror. What else falls in that genre? Ideally less outright horror.

attack the block!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Famethrowa posted:

attack the block!

This is a fantastic suggestion. Great movie :)

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

They Live kinda

Vampires vs. The Bronx gave me Attack the Block vibes

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Maybe Captive State? Even if it isn't as close a match as the other recommendations you should watch it anyway because it's great!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Hobo With A Shotgun, Escape From NY (or LA), Robocop

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I Come In Peace aka Dark Angel

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

yoohoo posted:

Chronicle is pretty good if you're ok with found footage type movies

mystes
May 31, 2006

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

bloggif

mystes
May 31, 2006

not much, what's bloggif with you?

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I've seen all things Carpenter and he is definitely the king of that genre. It's been a while since I've seen Attack the Block but it keeps popping up on my radar. I think it's time to revisit! I'll take a look at the others - thanks for the recs.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

all I remember about attack the block is that my friend and I bumped this in the carpool for several months after watching it lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TclHBIzshHg

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I watched Attack the Block just now and it was pretty bad…

mystes
May 31, 2006

The monsters were cool though

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

The monsters were cool though

Yea they did a pretty good job with a minimal budget, I’ll give them that.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Attack the Block is really great

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does surreal count as sci fi enough for you? I'll always recommend After Hours when people want urban sprawl movies.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
After Hours isn’t quite what I’m looking for. I guess I probably didn’t need the “less emphasis on horror” amendment, I just meant that I’m not looking for pure horror movies. Sci-fi horror, action horror, something horror adjacent, in an urban setting. Like it’s not a haunted house or a setting where the characters are secluded and alone - the idea of a community having to deal with a crisis if some kind, be it supernatural, an otherworldly entity, government shenanigans etc is more what I’m thinking.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

RCarr posted:

You should probably revisit it because it's actually real fuckin good.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

yoohoo posted:

After Hours isn’t quite what I’m looking for. I guess I probably didn’t need the “less emphasis on horror” amendment, I just meant that I’m not looking for pure horror movies. Sci-fi horror, action horror, something horror adjacent, in an urban setting. Like it’s not a haunted house or a setting where the characters are secluded and alone - the idea of a community having to deal with a crisis if some kind, be it supernatural, an otherworldly entity, government shenanigans etc is more what I’m thinking.

The Mist is on Netflix I think

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

yoohoo posted:

The Hidden.

e: Dark Angel, Split Second, Maniac Cop 2 (and the rest of the series, but especially 2).

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 9, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

RCarr posted:

It actually owns, OP.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Haha actually in the movie (minor spoilers ahead) the cameras they're controlling with their telekinetic powers or whatever start out really shakey and get less so as the movie moves along and they can control things better

Which I thought was cool

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

yoohoo posted:

The People Under the Stairs and Candyman fit this quite nicely.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 10, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I love those bands

Edit for content

Critters (1986)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RCarr posted:

Hate to agree with you but here we are...