Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

reported

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

I find it hard to be passionate about years... I’ve got no will to argue. Someone can say “yeah 2oo4 is the best year for games because xyz” and ill be “yeah 100%” then their neighbour can say “actually 1969 is the best year because xxx” and all I could say is “hell yeah. You’re both spot on”. Idk there’s nothing for me to hold onto, nothing to light up the fire in my belly

My backlog is so long that I can’t ever remember when games were released anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

1969 is the best year because 69

nice

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the plural is dice

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even if you don't actually care about what you're arguing about it's important to pick a side and then be willing to die defending it no matter how untenable your position.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
would rather the other person die, personally

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I volunteer as tribute

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I will never die or be killed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

nice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1969_video_games

Lunar Lander and Space Travel...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hehe it looks like a cock + balls, also it looks like a vulva

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

1969 was so wild

Do you guys think 1069 was any good?

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

1969 was so wild

Do you guys think 1069 was any good?

Not as good as 6969 will be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

UC 0069

E:

https://twitter.com/randall_kznr/status/1116497998446383104?s=20&t=eHP2QjL3FG7bhiuFPaPOCA

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hatty posted:

I can ONLY die or be killed

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Remember when Michael Cole shouted CHOCOBO

No but I do remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EsbNiOdtRc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I began the stone temple pilots area of Majora's Mask. Got a few new masks, filled out my bomber guy notebook so every npc is on there (only a few quests left to do!) and began the process of getting into the temple itself!

Out of all the Zelders I have played (First dungeon of legend, The great plateau of BotW, all of Ocarina and now this) this is the best Zelder. Even though it is the tensest moment of the game, when the countdown begins in clocktown and the music starts it is phenomenal. Probably the best track of the whole game.

I will be finished sooner than I think and that is OK! :) It brings me ever closer to Stray and FFX.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Well don't worry, I got you covered. Or reddit does, forgive me:

Michael Cole is good friends with Moogle....and Chocobo!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Last night I began the stone temple pilots area of Majora's Mask. Got a few new masks, filled out my bomber guy notebook so every npc is on there (only a few quests left to do!) and began the process of getting into the temple itself!

Everything about Ikana is amazing.

Fun Majora's Mask story: my first playthrough was during a game rental period. I didn't finish the game because my run stalled out. I ran out of rental days because I wasted too much time trying and failing to find the person with the stone mask. The guide said that in Ikana is a ring of stones and that using the lens of truth will reveal a person who will give you the mask. So I went to the stone ring I saw a whole bunch when I was in Ikana graveyard.

Turns out there's a separate stone ring elsewhere. I spent a whole day irl trying to figure out how to make this person spawn in the Ikana graveyard when they were just in an entirely different ring of stones.

These aren't plot spoilers but I just want to ask you (or anyone who has been following his streams in case VG wants to avoid getting spoiled_. have you done any of the following yet?

Murdered Sakon in col blood
Tale the potion meant to the witch in the woods of mystery and just drink it in front of her instead of giving it to her[
Found the secret hiding spot in the swordsman's room

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Playing Diofield demo and theres stuff in here that looks like mobile game cruft and Im getting worried here

Edit: This definitely is full of "this was built to be gacha for phones" all over.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 10, 2022

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

RhoA posted:

Not as good as 6969 will be

If man is still alive
If woman can survive

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Waffleman_ posted:

nice

Excellent! *Bill & Ted guitar*

I enjoyed picking years and games for the thread, fun stuff. I think the fun is seeing everybody's experiences, and reflecting on mine etc. I don't mind which ones end up being more popular, but it's a cool thingy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cheeki breeki

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I started playing Final Fantasy VII. I had never played a PS1 FF, and goddamn is this thing more cinematic than the older FFs. Straight up scifi too, as opposed to the fantasy of the older games. This must've blown people's minds when it came out

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gripweed posted:

I started playing Final Fantasy VII. I had never played a PS1 FF, and goddamn is this thing more cinematic than the older FFs. Straight up scifi too, as opposed to the fantasy of the older games. This must've blown people's minds when it came out

Hell yeah! Bonafide classic right there.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gripweed posted:

It absolutely did, yeah. It's the game that launched Final Fantasy into the mainstream.

I was 11 when it came out and it was the first game I was ever hyped for pre-release since I was already into Final Fantasy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gripweed posted:

It blew my mind last year and I played it for the first time after FFVIIremake!

Great, great, great game! :D I played the two sequels this year (8 and 9) and they were even better!

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

FFVII rules!

Can't wait to get my Steam Deck so I can play through the 1-6 pixel remakes on it :D

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ive been playing pokemon go lately 2 keep active and i caught my first shiny last night :3

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are they as rare as they used to be? Pretty sure I only had one shiny in my original 100+ hour Gold save.

E: oh, sorry thought you meant the switch go game.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Gripweed posted:

all the characters who would have been your allies on the first path become your enemies and vice versa

Soul Nomad did this part at least, just the evil was in your arm and not a evil witch.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

hatty posted:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

that was supposed to be a gif but honestly its funnier this way

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

new av material...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Everything about Ikana is amazing.

Fun Majora's Mask story: my first playthrough was during a game rental period. I didn't finish the game because my run stalled out. I ran out of rental days because I wasted too much time trying and failing to find the person with the stone mask. The guide said that in Ikana is a ring of stones and that using the lens of truth will reveal a person who will give you the mask. So I went to the stone ring I saw a whole bunch when I was in Ikana graveyard.

Turns out there's a separate stone ring elsewhere. I spent a whole day irl trying to figure out how to make this person spawn in the Ikana graveyard when they were just in an entirely different ring of stones.

These aren't plot spoilers but I just want to ask you (or anyone who has been following his streams in case VG wants to avoid getting spoiled_. have you done any of the following yet?

Murdered Sakon in col blood
Tale the potion meant to the witch in the woods of mystery and just drink it in front of her instead of giving it to her[
Found the secret hiding spot in the swordsman's room

He has not done any of those things. I'm not actually familiar with the second one, does something special happen?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

new av material...

its a real shame i dont know any forums moderators that could abuse their power to temporarily superimpose this png like a watermark over my current one

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Are they as rare as they used to be? Pretty sure I only had one shiny in my original 100+ hour Gold save.

E: oh, sorry thought you meant the switch go game.

honestly no idea how rare they are in GO, but significantly more common for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

haha what posted:

its a real shame i dont know any forums moderators that could abuse their power to temporarily superimpose this png like a watermark over my current one

i don't know what kindof powers you think ih ave but that definitely isn't one of them