Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Why on earth would that not be allowed? There are a bunch of twitch channels out there just replaying old content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

odiv posted:

Why on earth would that not be allowed? There are a bunch of twitch channels out there just replaying old content.

Devil's advocate, it's facially content that belongs to another Twitch/youtube streamer, and it's not flagged with the 'replay' flag which is meant to help inform Twitch viewers that they're not watching a live broadcast

But Twitch probably doesn't care about the IP theft because it's not Twitch's IP, and as a whole they're just happy with more viewers. So even if it's a "supposed to" thing about the replay flag they won't give a poo poo about a small channel

Edit: I think Jeff is trying to use Twitter clout to bring it to WOTC/SCG's attention so that they'll issue the copyright complaint

Devor fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 9, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

odiv posted:

It's not, generally, but because WOTC the copyright owner said he could (all the money is going to Ukraine relief.) He's been allowed to do it.
He's been banned and that he's back let's you know twitch had given him the ok

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh whoops, I didn't look closely enough at the screenshot and thought he was just replaying his own YouTube videos. That makes more sense.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sorry if it's known but I didn't see it mentioned. The virtual tickets to Magic 30 go on sale at SecretLair.com on Thursday at Noon. Cost is $269 and here's what you get;

1x Virtual Ticket to Magic 30 Virtual Experience

1x Mystery Booster Convention Edition Booster Box

1x Li’l Giri Saves the Day Traditional Foil Edition

1x Traditional Foil Sol Ring

1x Foil-etched Arcane Signet

1x Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Commander Deck (Buckle Up)

1x Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Commander Deck (Upgrades Unleashed)

1x “Guardians of New Benalia” playmat w/ 30th Anniversary Logo

1x Dominaria United Stained Glass Deck Box w/ 30th Anniversary Logo

1x Set of 100 Li’l Giri Sleeves w/ 30th Anniversary Logo

Doesn't seem a bad value considering Mystery Boosters go for around that alone. Card in the Secret Lair drop are

Peek
Curiosity
Greed
Vandalblast
Last Chance

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Jeff Poo-Gland

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Booster BOX?????

That would be totally worth it.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 9, 2022

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
wow a convention edition Mystery Booster box? That's a pretty good deal considering.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Construction complete. Just the oil finish to go now.

quoting for the new page. great work!

when can I pick it up

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'd like an explanation for why there are no Viera/Bangaa/Seeq in Vagrant Story or FF Tactics

Cactrot posted:

Magic, genocide or magical genocide. Maybe an ice age.

Edit: apparently it was a mysterious cataclysm

In the descriptions of stuff from the propositions, there's references to the world being massively upended in a disaster, all the fantastic technology of the past being lost, and humanity only barely surviving. People like Mustadio make a living off of trying to recover the lost relics, and the dominant religion claims the disaster was caused by God's wrath in response to the persecution of Fantasy Jesus.

Despite coming from the first game to use the setting, it explains why FF12 and FFTA2 can have magic donkey men on airships discuss magic wmd rocks and in Vagrant Story magic has become so rare as to be a faerie tale and by FFTA and 2's framing devices it's a completely modern world except there's, like, one artifact still imbued with magicks.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

That Secret Lair looks like some weird grab bag of excess inventory they added onto the 30th anniversary stuff to up its price while also dumping their inventory.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

kalel posted:

quoting for the new page. great work!

when can I pick it up

Haha you’re probably mostly joking but I talked to my dad about it. Materials were 1600, labour several thousand, and I’m looking at shipping but freight rates are kinda ridiculous and look like 1000 also. I figure if magic nerds drop $150 on custom wood deck boxes it’s not actually out of the question to make a small business if it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How the gently caress do people watch this turd

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Haha you’re probably mostly joking but I talked to my dad about it. Materials were 1600,

Jesus how much could wood possibly cost, ten dollars???

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As someone who tried to ship a hard top for a convertible recently, lmao at the costs of freight shipping.

If you can't get something down to the limits of what UPS will ship, just don't even try.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sorry if it's known but I didn't see it mentioned. The virtual tickets to Magic 30 go on sale at SecretLair.com on Thursday at Noon. Cost is $269 and here's what you get;

Doesn't seem a bad value considering Mystery Boosters go for around that alone. Card in the Secret Lair drop are

Peek
Curiosity
Greed
Vandalblast
Last Chance

Those lil' giri cards are adorable and I kinda just want those and nothing else.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Framboise posted:

Those lil' giri cards are adorable and I kinda just want those and nothing else.

I thought about calling out Last Chamce being a $50 card that never had a foil printing before and hesitated since I assumed it would be available separately.

Vvv Same if just for the Mystery box. Whether you Crack it or draft it its probably the most fun set they've put out in the last five years. One box I was able to draft Kiki-jiki, Purphoros, and Elesh Norn.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 9, 2022

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm consdiering the dumb super expensive 30th anniversary thing.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm hesitant to buy the dumb super expensive 30th anniversary thing because they've still failed to deliver on their last dumb super expensive secret lair thing (coin flip commander deck).

That and while the booster box and lair are cool, I really just want the giri cards.

If a kind goon buys this and doesn't want the secret lair and wants to give me a cool price on it, I might be interested to take you up on it :unsmith:

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I'm waiting to see how much shipping to the great white north. Previously unless it was a home run of a lair it wasn't worth it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Peek
Curiosity
Greed
Vandalblast
Last Chance
drat, that's super nice. is there a limit to it, or are they doing a print-to-demand sort of thing? hopefully it's not like that drat dragon bundle that sold out instantly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Strong Sauce posted:

That Secret Lair looks like some weird grab bag of excess inventory they added onto the 30th anniversary stuff to up its price while also dumping their inventory.
I might agree except that's the price of the mystery booster box alone, so getting everything else with it is pretty sweet

kalel posted:

the price of wood and other building materials has shot through the roof, especially if you want quality material

I got multiple quotes for getting siding put on a 2-story house recently and the minimum was 48,000 dollars, and that was barebones work, not doing windows etc. another quote was 79,000 including windows. it cost less than half the first quote 25 years ago when my parents had it done the first time.

also got a quote for cedar fencing for the back yard and it was like 8000 dollars for ~140 feet of fencing

there's apparently some deal that just got struck that should stabilize the price of wood over the next couple years, so that's good at least. but yeah, the cost of materials is absolutely bonkers at the moment, not just wood

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 9, 2022

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Framboise posted:

I'm hesitant to buy the dumb super expensive 30th anniversary thing because they've still failed to deliver on their last dumb super expensive secret lair thing (coin flip commander deck).

That and while the booster box and lair are cool, I really just want the giri cards.

If a kind goon buys this and doesn't want the secret lair and wants to give me a cool price on it, I might be interested to take you up on it :unsmith:

if you know someone going to the 30th anniversary celebration apparently they're selling it for ~$39.99
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/lil-giri-saves-day-magic-30

Captain Invictus posted:

I might agree except that's the price of the mystery booster box alone, so getting everything else with it is pretty sweet

yeah it is pretty tempting, but i think this will probably tank the price of mystery booster boxes since they were already pretty soft beforehand. people liked drafting it but not when it sells for $250+. i may just buy one though since I don't own any at all.
--
also one of the kamigawa commander decks has a duplicate card and a missing land.. wonder if these will have that issue.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/basicmountain/status/1557051379356672006?s=21&t=Tphd1u1xTOmfCg9RxKhi0g

When you make it in life.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I can’t emphasize this enough

gently caress Jeff Hoogland, an absolute piece of poo poo if I’ve ever seen one

Dude needs years of therapy

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Look this is what maintaining Linux distros does to someone…

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
If it were restreams of hoogs streams id get it but its just old pro tour and gp coverage? Which is like, super cool to be able to see imo. What a baby lol

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

mandatory lesbian posted:

If it were restreams of hoogs streams id get it but its just old pro tour and gp coverage? Which is like, super cool to be able to see imo. What a baby lol

He works really hard at what he does, and it's gotta be hard seeing a YouTube playlist as credible competition

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Work smarter not harder Hoogland

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

come to think of it, has anyone seen hoogland and putin in the same room

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Somehow I'm blocked by Hoogland.
I have never tweeted to or at him.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Somehow I'm blocked by Hoogland.
I have never tweeted to or at him.

He's fond of blocking people who like tweets that mention him in a bad light, or that he thinks might be mentioning him in a bad light, or that don't mention him or anybody else but he thinks are subtweeting him, or that he just doesn't like. So it's not surprising.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Devor posted:

He works really hard at what he does, and it's gotta be hard seeing a YouTube playlist as credible competition

he’s a psycho who wouldn’t sign a matchslip after I went engineered explosive on 1 to kill all his dumbass elves. Maybe if he wasn’t such a dickhead he would have more viewers than round 1 coverage of a GP from 6 years ago

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I got blocked by Hoogland for liking a tweet about Field of the Dead or Embercleave or something. I never tweet, only like posts. Two accounts have blocked me to my knowledge, Hoogland and David Frum.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

https://twitter.com/JeffHoogland/status/1557082120337735682

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

AngryBooch posted:

I got blocked by Hoogland for liking a tweet about Field of the Dead or Embercleave or something. I never tweet, only like posts. Two accounts have blocked me to my knowledge, Hoogland and David Frum.

a hero

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

disaster pastor posted:

He's fond of blocking people who like tweets that mention him in a bad light, or that he thinks might be mentioning him in a bad light, or that don't mention him or anybody else but he thinks are subtweeting him, or that he just doesn't like. So it's not surprising.

I liked the post I shared and that must have done it. I didn't even like the "STFU Narc" post even though it was funnier.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

kalel posted:

From the pictures of the piece (nice work, btw) it looks like a lot of it is solid wood. You could probably replicate a similar structure and look with more plywood pieces in certain spots and thinner cuts overall to cut down the cost a bunch.

But yeah, even then, material costs are pretty bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strong Sauce posted:

if you know someone going to the 30th anniversary celebration apparently they're selling it for ~$39.99
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/lil-giri-saves-day-magic-30

The virtual ticket says it gives access to buying the exclusive merch, that could be included maybe.