Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The biggest thing that makes me skeptical about the story is the idea that the three podcast hosts didn’t just auto-split the money they were getting three ways, how was Nick able to be in a position to not let stav be paid one way or another. Did Nick or Adam have control of cum town or the Patreon money without stav? It doesn’t make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Nick and Adam run the patreon account bc Stav can’t use a normal computer (fingers too fat)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

The biggest thing that makes me skeptical about the story is the idea that the three podcast hosts didn’t just auto-split the money they were getting three ways, how was Nick able to be in a position to not let stav be paid one way or another. Did Nick or Adam have control of cum town or the Patreon money without stav? It doesn’t make sense

i don't think it's ever been for-sure confirmed but i remember way back 5-6 years ago that nick did all the computer stuff and the split is nick 50% and the other two at 25% each. i think nick gets all ad revenue and merch too? again it's been years. it's very likely solely his name on anything official

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i say swears online posted:

i don't think it's ever been for-sure confirmed but i remember way back 5-6 years ago that nick did all the computer stuff and the split is nick 50% and the other two at 25% each. i think nick gets all ad revenue and merch too? again it's been years. it's very likely solely his name on anything official

Jesus gently caress If this is true Adam and stav got loving fleeced I would 100% leave like stav did at the first opportunity

I would be loving furious if 10% of my money went to a bipolar insane person who’s can hit the ‘record’ button on audacity.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 10, 2022

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
nick did all the work anyways, and he started it, so it's his thing.

thats also why some old ads would just show up as "nick mullen podcast"

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

Jesus gently caress If this is true Adam and stav got loving fleeced I would 100% leave like stav did at the first opportunity

I would be loving furious if 10% of my money went to a bipolar insane person who’s can hit the ‘record’ button on audacity.

Yeah dude everyone knows Stav was the real star of the show

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah dude everyone knows Stav was the real star of the show

A literal gas giant

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Al-Saqr posted:

The show is Nick Mullen’s sense of humor, bounced off a dry straight man and a giggling chucklefuck. The show still works with just Adam or just Stav, it simply doesn’t work without Nick. It’s the same reason the Avengers movies paid RDJ more.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The show is Nick Mullen’s sense of humor, bounced off a dry straight man

No it’s bounced off a Wet Gay Bug

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

stav was literally replaced by a soundboard app for one ep lol

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
i just hope this spite-fueled show survives when the spite dissipates

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I went into a Royal Farms yesterday and there were easily dozens, if not over a hundred,10-12 yo Jewish summer camp kids. Every single one in a yarmulke with payot, screaming about slushees and candy. Nick and Adam have poisoned me and it took every fiber of my being to not die laughing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

nick did all the work anyways, and he started it, so it's his thing.

thats also why some old ads would just show up as "nick mullen podcast"

yeah i'm not bothered by that at all. nick did the shirt designs and mailed each one out individually lmao, his hours worked on the pod probably justifies his keep compared to adam and stav. also bust is right it's nick's project and he's the keystone. i'd be happy with adam and stav's table scraps

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ville Valo posted:

I went into a Royal Farms yesterday and there were easily dozens, if not over a hundred,10-12 yo Jewish summer camp kids. Every single one in a yarmulke with payot, screaming about slushees and candy. Nick and Adam have poisoned me and it took every fiber of my being to not die laughing.

I once went to an international event and someone from the Nigerian delegation thought I was rich and immediately tried to pitch me business investment opportunities with his company for 20 minutes in an insanely stereotypical voice, it took every fiber of my being to not laugh in his presence, this podcast ruined me.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

theyre called payouts because you have to pay them to cut their stupid hair

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
remember when nick (i meant adam) and stav tried to have a basketball podcast. lmfao

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

yeah i'm not bothered by that at all. nick did the shirt designs and mailed each one out individually lmao, his hours worked on the pod probably justifies his keep compared to adam and stav. also bust is right it's nick's project and he's the keystone. i'd be happy with adam and stav's table scraps

they were making $25k/month I think anyone would be happy with that, even if it were a 40hr/week job.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

My analysis regarding the nick/stav fallout

A couple eps before stav left he said he would need a payout from adam if the show continues into 2023. Nick expressed that if *he* werent contributing to the show, he wouldnt expect to get paid. Stav disagrees. At the time stav was gonna ride out the rest of 2022, so any issue would theoretically be ironed out by the start of 2023. But then stav decides he wants to take the summer off (because he's fat and doesnt have the stamina to work 2 hours a week). Im guessing he expected to keep getting paid during this absence. Nick is annoyed, tells him to just leave now. So here's where the issue lies: either the lecherous pig is still drawing a percentage of the patreon (and nick/adam are pissed) or he's completely cut off (and he's pissed). Given the sudden and extreme antipathy i get the sense that stav might have threatened legal action. Nick spitefully goes all in on creating a completely new entity called TAFS, making it more difficult for stav to claim money from the show. Also, i get the sense nick may have more than a little dirt on the fat man, and is sort of holding that over his head. He has been taking some unchill shots implying stav fucks drunk fans lately

a lot of these fan theories of Nick and Stav now hating each other boil down to Stav still wanting to get paid which is very funny imagining Stav confronting Nick and Adam with a "I'm the real star of the show, and you'll see what happens" type dramatic speech

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
which austin powers movie is wizard masters avatar from

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Al-Saqr posted:

this is a loving hilarious post lmao

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It always was Nicks's show anyway (he bought all the gear and set it up). I know Stav was a "guest" on the first episode but wasn't he called that for like the first 20 or was that Adam?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

TwoStepBoog posted:

a lot of these fan theories of Nick and Stav now hating each other boil down to Stav still wanting to get paid which is very funny imagining Stav confronting Nick and Adam with a "I'm the real star of the show, and you'll see what happens" type dramatic speech

I like to imagine him delivering it the impassioned speech with a full pork shoulder under his arm and remnants from the last bite falling from his mouth and being sprayed in chunks at them as he loudly exclaims "I'm the goddamn star of the show".

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

which austin powers movie is wizard masters avatar from

Nightmare on Elm Street 3

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Harminoff posted:

It always was Nicks's show anyway (he bought all the gear and set it up).

oh yeah that was it, they agreed to 50/25/25 because nick bought the mic and poo poo hahaha

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

How dumb do you have to be to lose out in a business relationship with someone who lost 60,000 dollars from bitcoin speculation.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

How dumb do you have to be to lose out in a business relationship with someone who lost 60,000 dollars from bitcoin speculation.

that wouldn't happen until a couple years later! i just gotta assume they were all completely broke. if neither of them had taken the risk of spending $100 on a mic or w/e and the podcast never got off the ground did they really lose out?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
nick is gonna regret that uneven split when adam and stav start their own podcast and he only gets 25%

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think nick's btc phase is around these brackets which is hilarious considering if he had just sat on it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

that wouldn't happen until a couple years later! i just gotta assume they were all completely broke. if neither of them had taken the risk of spending $100 on a mic or w/e and the podcast never got off the ground did they really lose out?

Hmm that’s probably what happened they were dead broke and didn’t think anything would come from it

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

they joined in the business relationship when nick was just leaving his illegal tenement in chinatown where he didn't have a mattress because he kept gettin bed bugs

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Nick seemed surprised on the episode where they announced Stav leaving, mentioning something about it being abrupt. Which doesn't really line up with the theory, although I guess you could read it as "You don't get paid for eps you aren't on, if you don't like it you can quit now" "okay I quit" "Ah"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm pretty sure the 50/25/25 split was only mentioned once years ago, and who even knows if it was a joke.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
he's talked about the 25/25/50 split on other podcasts before

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

it was a 50/25/25 split. nick is in charge of scheduling, recording, uploading, paying for podcast hosting, communicating with advertizers, booking shows back when they did those (excluding funny moms which was adam), cleaning poo poo off of chairs, etc

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

cumtown was the nick mullen show, lol. the other two were both getting rich because of him but yeah, much better to just pas up the 25k/month and storm out

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

stav fucks drunk fans

I assumed that was the only way for El Cerdo Grande to get laid

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I want a seat as a studio audience.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

from an episode forever ago, Nick talking about hanging out after a show and seeing Stav put his arm around a female fan and asking "did you like the show?" and so Nick did the exact same thing with a dude next to him and Stav on the podcast immediately yelling "NO NO shut up that's not how i did it"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
it's hosed up that i can't stop thinking about how they actually made something GOOD with video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

he should make adam wear a diaper again