Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OC VS LETHAL 11 11.34%
HAYTER/DMD VS THUNDERSTORM 40 41.24%
HOBBS 2 2.06%
CHRISTIAN VS MATT 1 1.03%
DUMPSTER MATCH 25 25.77%
YUTA VS JERICHO 18 18.56%
Total: 97 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ROH PPV on Saturday, AEW PPV on Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

IcePhoenix posted:

as long as I don't have to pay for 2 different papes then fine go hog wild aew

AEW Hog Wild returns in August 2023!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NJPW and WWE can do 2-day papes because their papes are on a subscription service. Duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnooooooo how I feel about spending 100 bucks for two 3 hour shows vs. 50 for one 4.5 hour show.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Staying up until 5am two nights in a row :negative:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

Good news! There's a photo of it, or at least of some research Takeshita was undertaking for the thesis:

https://twitter.com/takesoup/status/951731972182650882

I really want to read this fuckin thing

IcePhoenix posted:

as long as I don't have to pay for 2 different papes then fine go hog wild aew

AEW Hog Wild confirmed, hell yeah

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

loving hell man Jade sitting next to Evil Uno really highlights how unbelievably jacked she is

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Ms. Pac-Man is officially a Baddie.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Two hour Rampage specials and Saturday PPVs would be the sweet spot for me. I miss when there was a Sunday Night Heat live just before the PPVs, those were always fun

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tampa Bae posted:

Two hour Rampage specials and Saturday PPVs would be the sweet spot for me. I miss when there was a Sunday Night Heat live just before the PPVs, those were always fun

While I do love The Buy-In, no era of pre-shows has ever captured the weird energy of a 90s Todd Pettengill WWF pre-show for me. You'd maybe get one match, but otherwise just Todd running around hyping matches while asking people in the crowd questions about the show (usually awkward children). Obviously the quality of wrestling is better on The Buy-In than most other pre-shows of any WWF/E era, but rewatching some 90s WWF PPVs with the pre-shows included highlights how fun those 30 minutes can be.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

NJPW and WWE can do 2-day papes because their papes are on a subscription service. Duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnooooooo how I feel about spending 100 bucks for two 3 hour shows vs. 50 for one 4.5 hour show.

I feel bad about it mjeff

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Suplex Liberace posted:

I feel bad about it mjeff

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Weird that Dustin Rhodes would be the one to release detailed pape pricing structures. Can someone please link the rest of the interview so I can see that part?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

So who’s stoked for Quake By The Lake?????

I'm going!

My wife made fun of me for going by myself because I couldn't get anyone else to go with me, but I'm still stoked!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

MJeff posted:

Duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnooooooo how I feel about spending 100 bucks for two 3 hour shows vs. 50 for one 4.5 hour show.
I'm not watching a 4.5 hour show, no matter the price. I already zone out during most AEW PPVs and stop before the main events. More but shorter broadcasts is fine by me, with a moderate price increase if need be. I'll gladly take two hours on consecutive nights, even if the total cost is, I don't know, let's say 25% more, rather than four hours in a single night.
If they charge full price for each of two shorter shows (e.g. $50+$50), or if they did two full length PPVs (e.g. 4+4 hours) at any price, I'm out entirely. I'd never pay that much for any event no matter how it was split up, nor would I ever sit through that much wrestling in a week, let alone a weekend.

Personally, the most ideal PPV structure for me would be if they published an expected timetable for the entire night (including preshow) so I could know ahead of time if I'd be able to start late or quit early, and if they could cut a half hour or so off most shows, too, that'd be swell. I'd pay a little extra for that. I'm not Tony Khan; I don't want a two hour preshow, a five hour PPV, and an eight hour media debrief.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 10, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Grey posted:

I'm going!

My wife made fun of me for going by myself because I couldn't get anyone else to go with me, but I'm still stoked!

Hell yeah, where are your seats? My buddy and I are in 131 but I think a bit too high for hardcam (which is good because we're meeting up directly after work and I forgot my sign at home)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

I'm not Tony Khan; I don't want a two hour preshow, a five hour PPV, and an eight hour media debrief.

Is there seriously a need to exaggerate this much? The pre-shows are one hour, the PPVs are four hours, and the media scrums are ten.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TK just said on Busted Open he's not considering 2 day PPVs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tony khan figuring out how long he can make aew programming and still leave off all the thread's favourites/women :hehe:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just make one pape a singular media scrum. Can TK go the distance and fill four hours of media talking to? Find out for 50 bucks.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

Pylons posted:

Thank god, I make meals from all the champions hometowns and have very casual fans over, they tend to really enjoy it but there’s no way they’d be on the hook for two shows. I might, but I tend to think if you have so many great matches you can’t fit them all on PPV, maybe be slightly less stingy with them on free TV from time to time

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Maybe Dustin overheard someone saying "we will be doing, today, pay per view" at Forbidden Door or something

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

inconsequential posted:

Thank god, I make meals from all the champions hometowns and have very casual fans over, they tend to really enjoy it but there’s no way they’d be on the hook for two shows. I might, but I tend to think if you have so many great matches you can’t fit them all on PPV, maybe be slightly less stingy with them on free TV from time to time

They do great matches on TV constantly

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

inconsequential posted:

Moxley is from cincinnati, make skyline chili on spaghetti

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Why even have a pape if daddy magic isn’t gonna call it that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Just make one pape a singular media scrum. Can TK go the distance and fill four hours of media talking to? Find out for 50 bucks.

Spoiler: He can. He answers three questions.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jericho’s opening on the road to is a master class in building up your opponent

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Hell yeah, where are your seats? My buddy and I are in 131 but I think a bit too high for hardcam (which is good because we're meeting up directly after work and I forgot my sign at home)

I am on the hardcam side. Something like the 7th row up from the floor.

What did your sign say?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Glad we made it through another crisis. Just 8 more hours to go!!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Captain Foo posted:

Jericho’s opening on the road to is a master class in building up your opponent

The biggest thing I remember from his book was his education on always making your opponent look great. That way your victory looks even better or, alternately, you didn't lose to a geek.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Nobody’s buying a show where there’s absolutely no doubt about the outcome, that’s wrestling basics.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Grey posted:

I am on the hardcam side. Something like the 7th row up from the floor.

What did your sign say?

one side was my controversial but correct Video Game Opinion (HORIZON > BOTW) and the other said LET DEM BOYS ON TV

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

The biggest thing I remember from his book was his education on always making your opponent look great. That way your victory looks even better or, alternately, you didn't lose to a geek.

Yeah!

Also mox talking about all the bcc stuff and then going “these are my friends” was awesome

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Fancy Hat posted:

it's funny because apparently Britt worked with him a ton when she was developing her character but must have just completely skipped that lesson

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah!

Also mox talking about all the bcc stuff and then going “these are my friends” was awesome

yeah that promo ruled

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

blunt posted:

Friday Night Rampage and Saturday Night PPV please. No more of this Sunday poo poo!

:method man voice: NO MORE SUNDAY poo poo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah!

That makes me SO loving HAPPY

BCC is the new Kliq but actually Cool And Good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah!

That was so good. I also love to reflect on how this group came together in that Danielson shoot talked Moxley into it with his amazing promo. It was supposed to just be a bad guy tempting thing but his argument was so good and it didn't actually change Mox's alignment that he was for real convinced and then they changed plans. It's what I love about AEW -it's flexible and organic. I can't think of any group ever like BCC in America.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BCC is the opposite side of the coin to DX.
DX was all sizzle and no steak. BCC is just the best steak imaginable and...well still plenty of sizzle.
BCC is way better than DX is what I'm saying here.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shard posted:

That was so good. I also love to reflect on how this group came together in that Danielson shoot talked Moxley into it with his amazing promo. It was supposed to just be a bad guy tempting thing but his argument was so good and it didn't actually change Mox's alignment that he was for real convinced and then they changed plans. It's what I love about AEW -it's flexible and organic. I can't think of any group ever like BCC in America.

But also it's such an interesting thing because Mox shoot doesn't have that many friends, so the idea that he and Danielson seemingly worked themselves into a shoot in the most heartwarming but bizarre way possible is wild.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Shard posted:

It's great that they're a fairly neutral faction that will beat the piss and blood out of someone then shake their hands afterwards if they got their respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tampa Bae posted:

It's great that they're a fairly neutral faction that will beat the piss and blood out of someone then shake their hands afterwards if they got their respect.

It's honestly extremely Japanese in that way, which I guess makes sense given who's involved.