Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Lucky and Luanne are dead and Hank and Peggy are raising a teenage Gracie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lucky was convicted for slipping in pee pee again because it's too many times, Luanne decided to defend him in court and was also sent to the federal oil rig for perjury. Of course he really is that stupid and slipped in pee pee again but of course Lucky finds himself at fault for all of this and blames Luanne for trying to defend a man like him. Not even sure how you'd communicate this without a one way phone call.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Lucky and Luanne are dead and Hank and Peggy are raising a teenage Gracie.

We open with the end of Lucky and Luannes funeral. Good way to get the whole cast together to see where they are.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the season 3 finale is so good

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Milo and POTUS posted:

the season 3 finale feels so good

Fixed

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

bobjr posted:

The present football stuff has always been inconsistent just because it’s 2 in universe years over 10+ seasons.

Sometimes they have a team that has a high chance of making it to state, other times they get their butts kicked by McMaynerberry

McMaynerberry, Hank!!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

theyre supposed to be between DFW and Austin and Kahn commutes to Houston every day

Khan's commute is between one and two hours according to the ep with buckley's angel iirc

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 9, 2022

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

when will they learn???

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
They moved to Florida because Lucky got himself in trouble with some other rednecks.

They got extremely pissed when he told them that "they ain't got Jack under the hood".

Or Texas just isn't redneck enough due to all the "Florida man" stories you hear.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Lucky and Luanne are driving behind a leaky septic pump truck and Lucky kills them both going for his next big pay day.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Lucky and Luanne died in a a tragic skydiving accident while trying to film a tiktok

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They're on vacation.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Traxis posted:

Lucky and Luanne are driving behind a leaky septic pump truck and Lucky kills them both going for his next big pay day.

Elvin bragging about driving dave matthews' tour bus in 2004 inspires Lucky to get the gang back together for one last heist

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

They moved to Florida because Lucky got himself in trouble with some other rednecks.

They got extremely pissed when he told them that "they ain't got Jack under the hood".

Or Texas just isn't redneck enough due to all the "Florida man" stories you hear.

They read about Florida Man on one of them website things and they went looking for him in a Florida swamp, they were eaten by gator Lucky just wanted to shake his hand.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Shishkahuben posted:

McMaynerberry, Hank!!

Khan's commute is between one and two hours according to the ep with buckley's angel iirc

but he then looses that job for showing a golf club to hank and mihn forces him to commute to houston instead of uprooting the family again

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if the reboot does not have a cottonesque G.H. that gets away with antagonizing hank im out im done

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

if the reboot does not have a cottonesque G.H. that gets away with antagonizing hank im out im done

If G.H. was Cottonesque, he'd basically be an alt right teenage shitlord, which could be funny, or could be... very not funny.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

but he then looses that job for showing a golf club to hank and mihn forces him to commute to houston instead of uprooting the family again

He explicitly says how long the drive is at the end of this episode but I don’t remember how far

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I did a full rewatch this summer and the show doesn’t retcon as bad as I remember. It’s a good enough show for the most part

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bill is a loving snitch. He snitches on dale a few episodes later.

Bill sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

And Peggy was right, Hank should have known not to flap his gums too

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Peggy is the best character by far

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

seiferguy posted:

If G.H. was Cottonesque, he'd basically be an alt right teenage shitlord, which could be funny, or could be... very not funny.

With Cotton dead a now teenage GH is rebelling against his fathers legacy and is now a giant hippy. Didi abandons him on the Hills doorstep.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With Cotton dead a now teenage GH is rebelling against his fathers legacy and is now a giant hippy. Didi abandons him on the Hills doorstep.

Giant hippy or giant furry? This isn't the 60s or the 90s.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Detective No. 27 posted:

He probably was good at football. I imagine they wanted it as an important part of his backstory, but not a defining part. Married With Children was pretty fresh at the time, I doubt they wanted to retread similar jokes to Al Bundy's football glory days.

Nah, the joke is that Hank was extremely mediocre and Bill was legitimately great as a lineman whose blocking was ultimately the reason Hank was able to set a yardage record. When they switched roles at the goal line, Hank couldn't block for crap which is why you always see Bill trucking like 4 other players to the end whenever his younger self is shown carrying the ball.

It works for me because it works really well with their characters. Hank's not an arrogant dick about it, even if he wrongly thinks he was good, and Bill was just happy to be on a team and have comradery.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't know poo poo about football. So good point about Bill. Never considered that he probably shouldn't have needed to hold off that many people alone. The other post by someone about how Hank even got that as far as he did because all the good players would have likely volunteered for Vietnam was a great observation.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Deki posted:

Nah, the joke is that Hank was extremely mediocre and Bill was legitimately great as a lineman whose blocking was ultimately the reason Hank was able to set a yardage record. When they switched roles at the goal line, Hank couldn't block for crap which is why you always see Bill trucking like 4 other players to the end whenever his younger self is shown carrying the ball.

It works for me because it works really well with their characters. Hank's not an arrogant dick about it, even if he wrongly thinks he was good, and Bill was just happy to be on a team and have comradery.

Get your fanfic out of here.

There is a scene early on in the series which establishes why Hank and all continue to tolerate and care for Bill. And one of the stated reasons is that Bill was a great offensive lineman for Hank.

Hank knows the value of a premier left tackle offensive lineman. You know how much he loves the fundamentals.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

We've seen hank play and he definitely walks over the competition. I think it might have just been a screw-up by the writers

Legs of a jackrabbit and hank hill rear end are a much more pressing controversy

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Get your fanfic out of here.

There is a scene early on in the series which establishes why Hank and all continue to tolerate and care for Bill. And one of the stated reasons is that Bill was a great offensive lineman for Hank.

Hank knows the value of a premier left tackle offensive lineman. You know how much he loves the fundamentals.

I never said Hank doesn't respect Bill's contribution to the team, it's the complete opposite. But Hank absolutely overestimates how good he was, as shown by being proud of his 40 time, which was really slow for a running back. Hell, my 40 time was better and I was a stocky lineman

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It seems like an intentional joke to me. A big theme of the show is Hank being proud of his mediocre life and how that gives him a greater sense of fulfillment than all the other mediocre and self loathing characters around him.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!
Something else to consider is that it's established that nearly the entire team still lives within a few blocks of each other. No bigger better things for the team as a whole.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah I thought the idea was, Hank's not amazing at football, but still one of the better players in Arlen, but that's still mediocre.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hank's life is pretty sweet

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Dyscrasia posted:

Something else to consider is that it's established that nearly the entire team still lives within a few blocks of each other. No bigger better things for the team as a whole.

Hank, I live in Phoenix now. You want me to drop everything, fly back to Arlen, to play a flag football game against our high school rivals?

Of course I will.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hank only has one house, one truck, one son, one wife, and three friends

what a mediocre bitch!!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The 90s were an aspirational time. Someone like Al Bundy was considered a loser despite living in a huge house and making enough money that his family of four didn't need any other breadwinners. Also an attractive dtf wife.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Same w Homer Simpson really

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

And Peggy works part time while hank is a retail worker

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Pump jockey! Works for tips!