Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Drakkel posted:

I mean this has already been happening. People have been declaring Moxley was about to walk out and go back "to be with his BROTHERS" since the day he showed up in AEW. HHH taking over WWE's just accelerated this to the point now Twitter would have you believe the entire AEW roster's about to walk out and show up on RAW tonight

I think the only way they'll get Mox back is if they let him personally be the one to fire Kevin Dunn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

Rumour has it that Miro and Andrade are unhappy with their booking in AEW.

This, of course, has the Fed stans salivating: https://twitter.com/iam_saptarshi10/status/1556693874311139328

I like the assumption here that that dastardly Punk is the real figure behind the company.

As for Andrade, I am unhappy with his booking in AEW so I get it. Dude's legit my favorite wrestler alive and is never in anything outside of peripheral feuds. That, mind, is better than what WWE was offering him toward the end, which was (checks notes) nothing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they're just now finally getting to the big match they were building for forbidden door and couldn't do because of AAA

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think the fan is right to be annoyed and disappointed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It does look like a tragic laker girl lunch pic

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he wasnt the only one they did it to, but also i saw people mocking some because they assumed they were intentionally being awkward virgins afraid of women or whatever

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
People were also paying over $100 for those photos, it is kind of insulting but I heard the next day after the backlash from that exact twitter post they let people stand closer. Sucks for the people the day before who had to stand 6 feet apart and still pay a hundred bucks tho

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad i never want to pay to be in a picture with someone or stand by them or have their handwriting on something, in case they frick me over

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

fez_machine posted:

As a person who consumes a lot of content from tiny Japanese indies there's definitely tiers to niche and Stardom is drawing crowds that say promotions like DDT or NOAH ain't.
Yeah, I'm really just talking about the majors. But apparently All Japan is outdrawing all of them right now if Korakuen attendance is any indication.

forkboy84 posted:

And then GAORA decides to hobble the service from the off. Just a shame, but it's already an uphill struggle to try convince someone to watch Dragongate. More people need to have eyes on Shun & Jason & Kota & Eita & Dia & Yuki & Diamante.
Entirely fair. They do put the shows back up after edits to cut them down for time, but yeah, disappearing them for a while sucks. I don't know if GAORA will ever loosen their grip but they should really consider some kind of streaming deal with CyberFight.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GAORA doing its own streaming service with all the promotions it has the rights to would be a massive game changer and fantastic value (AJPW, DG, OZ Academy)

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
God I wish. They also have rights to Osaka Pro & Wrestle-1, IIRC. I don't know that I'd watch all of those, but it would lift all of them up.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Because it's cool as poo poo?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I too wish my wrestling came in consistent coloring.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That dude must *hate* John Cena

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I also like consistent outfits so I can do the DiCaprio meme whenever Raku or Pom show up in their old gear for doubleshots

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Seams posted:

I think the fan is right to be annoyed and disappointed

Yeah, this is some real carny BS. Thats not a photo a fan could display and it cost a good amount of money

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
At the very least if they wanted to do social distancing, they could've done some kind of dynamic pose, like Sasha's throwing a punch and the fan can 'sell' it. Goofy but it's something.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

At the very least if they wanted to do social distancing, they could've done some kind of dynamic pose, like Sasha's throwing a punch and the fan can 'sell' it. Goofy but it's something.

suspend her in mid-air like she's going for a meteora

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

The way to do it is, show up in full Darth Vader cosplay and just have your hand stretched out towards them.

If they sell it, great pic.

If they don't sell it, you smack your arm and look annoyed like "argh what's wrong with this thing!", funny pic.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lol so I finished watching the Dustin vs Punk video essay that Pylons posted in the weekly thread and scrolled down into the comments for a bit for God knows what reason, and hey look who it is

Guy demands limb-work storytelling, yet complains when he gets a match where both guys are doing it the entire time and the finish is Punk hooking Dustin's bad leg with his good arm, but for some reason this is also not good enough. How mysterious

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Clearly they should've done The Boot Story.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Guy demands limb-work storytelling, yet complains when he gets a match where both guys are doing it the entire time and the finish is Punk hooking Dustin's bad leg with his good arm, but for some reason this is also not good enough. How mysterious

I've encountered people like this before. It only counts if, for example, they do arm holds the entire match then finish with an arm hold. Otherwise it doesn't count and is "wasted limbwork".

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Maybe they're just stupid and can't be changed for good.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

I keep getting tempted to get into dumb slapfights on social media with people like this, but i have been trying to tell myself that i don’t actually give a poo poo about this rando’s opinion and half of all the people you see out in the world are extremely, extremely stupid

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Guillermus posted:

Pretty good thread title

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I keep getting tempted to get into dumb slapfights on social media with people like this, but i have been trying to tell myself that i don’t actually give a poo poo about this rando’s opinion and half of all the people you see out in the world are extremely, extremely stupid

Stupid and after engagement so they can claim they owned the marks/fanboys/anyone who dares to not like what they like and like what they don't like.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

If this is a body odour thing then it's fair imo, but if they're just arbitrarily being snotty then gently caress that

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think it was the venue - there are a bunch of other celebs who did this or sometimes there was a whole rear end wall in between

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JonasEscapes/status/1557426516102991877

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Wasn't Lucha Underground dead like 4 years before AEW began?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wasn't Lucha Underground dead like 4 years before AEW began?

Nah it only feels like four years because time is a flat circle. AEW was very much in the prep stages during the last season of Lucha Underground, which was 2018. Hager was on the first dynamite too. That said, Lucha Underground season 4 was absolutely terrible. I don't know when it got the axe, but it definitely felt like they basically cut their funding to nothing before that season, so the writing had to have been on the wall. Hager had a run in what was easily the weakest season of that show and it wasn't particularly good either.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

if you removed the "considering they signed him off the hottest run of his life in Lucha Underground" this is objectively true

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
he's been used exactly as well as he can be justified to be used, and his match vs claudio was actually a pleasant surprise right down to him cutting a decent promo beforehand

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wrong thread Jake Hager going back to WWE would be very cool

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hager has been used sparingly, and I'd say his use has been a net positive, with stuff like the Wardlow shoot style match outweighing stuff like that Dustin Rhodes match

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I 100% agree I would love to see Jack Swagger go back to the WWE. Or just anywhere other than AEW really.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I just realized I really dropped off Lucha Underground around the time Mil Muertes The Man Of A Thousand Deaths was sitting on his skull throne like he was the Puerto Rican Shao Khan. I think my cable package lost El Rey.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
it's AEW. most of the roster is used to the best of their potential. that's not enough to justify hager being there over someone who would've done better in his spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Last I mapped it out, the current lineal Lucha Underground Champion is some Britwres trainee who doesn't even have a Twitter.