Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
byob mental health thread: Naah I love you blood

idk how im doing having emotional meltdowns kinda, been going outside more im outside rn

i got water at a song so at least that shits still around

literally my best techstrat is goin outside

anyone goin thru medication lurches is in what prayers i pray sometimes stay strong orbs

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bright Bart posted:

Glad this thread is still here. I'm still doing poorly.

I would like a drastic change in my medications but I'm afraid I've run through the lot of standardized treatment for bipolar depression. There are a few adjuncts like lurasidone left but that is quite expensive. I'm both feeling bad and scared, goons.

e: Screw my blood for not handling lamotrigine well. Naah I love you blood. But still it is a gently caress that I can't take what worked.

have you considered some non chemical means? i have heard good things about modern electroshock, but have not experienced it myself. my bipolar management regimen is just olanzapine, and it's not perfect as i've discussed but it softens the most destructive periods.

baka fwocka fwame posted:

literally my best techstrat is goin outside

it works so well but i'm already starting to get worried about winter.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I wasn't a candidate for electroshock last time I checked. But I would do radical things such as ECT if I could.

Not suicidal or anything but I wake up some days wishing I hadn't. And have this anhedonia. Sending time with pals is one of the few things that makes it OK for a short while i.e. while actually hanging out.

Outside is good and I am kicking myself for losing my apartment in a nice area with a park. Now I'm in a grimmier part of town.

Bright Bart

Also, anhedonia sucks. It's a big improvement over the past few weeks I can even browse BYOB.

Baka hope things pick up re: meltdowns.

I recall hearing how in some places clinicians can prescribe free access to national parks to those dealing with mental health issues. But... if you're struggling to get out of bed and shower...

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 7, 2022

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bright Bart posted:

Also, anhedonia sucks. It's a big improvement over the past few weeks I can even browse BYOB.

yeah it's a hell of a time when literally nothing is enjoyable. i've lost a lot of weight this way in bad times. i'm 5'10 or whatever and at some points was down to under 120lbs. i feel you, i'm sorry you're there right now.

Bright Bart

Heather Papps posted:

yeah it's a hell of a time when literally nothing is enjoyable. i've lost a lot of weight this way in bad times. i'm 5'10 or whatever and at some points was down to under 120lbs. i feel you, i'm sorry you're there right now.

Thanks pal!

I have made such a mess of things lately I almost wish I could go hypomania and sort everything out. But there are downsides as you say.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm around. if you need an ear my pm's are open. you can still fix problems tho', it's just... a lot slower and less elegant in normal brain state.

Bright Bart

I'm just happy you're reading my spam on this thread. Somehow it's easier talking to the 'YOB than it is talking to people who know me and just get worried. Not that you don't care it's just less excited conversation.

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh yeah i have opinions about how we pay strangers to listen to us when we used to have cheifs or priests or something that's whole deal was listening to us.

there is real value in getting outside perspectives. when people ask me how i'm doing these days, in regard to my brain, i don't even tell them how i think i'm doing. i talk about the concrete pieces of evidence for how i am doing. i am doing well because i am productive, i am doing poorly because i am letting things slip. we are so tied up in ourselves it's hard to accurately gauge things.

plus normalbrains are fairly freaked out by these things. most people i know have never seriously considered suicide, and bringing that subject up with folk is a minefield. it's nice to have fellow sufferers to commiserate with.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
The number of mental health workers in this nation is too drat low!

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 7, 2022

Ohtori Akio

Heather Papps posted:

oh yeah i have opinions about how we pay strangers to listen to us when we used to have cheifs or priests or something that's whole deal was listening to us.

you know what was funny to realize? I started going to a no-priests type religious deal, where 99% of the time spent is just quietly listening or light pleasant conversation with others, and eventually realized it was like half current or retired mental health professionals. i think the modern day chiefs and priests need it bad too

Bright Bart

One thing I do not like about some self-health group meetings is when people try to convince you that medication isn't the answer and that you can get off after completing some program.

Had a woman crying having gone off her sertraline because she wanted to be "sober". Sure that idea is so prevalent she might have thought of it herself but what you hear in meetings doesn't help. Like someone spoke up saying that if they hadn't gone through the pain of stopping their medication they would not have improved.

Let people take their prescribed drugs please.

Bright Bart

Ohtori Akio posted:

you know what was funny to realize? I started going to a no-priests type religious deal, where 99% of the time spent is just quietly listening or light pleasant conversation with others, and eventually realized it was like half current or retired mental health professionals. i think the modern day chiefs and priests need it bad too

This vaguely reminds me of Quaker meetings and I love those.

selan dyin

Bright Bart posted:

One thing I do not like about some self-health group meetings is when people try to convince you that medication isn't the answer and that you can get off after completing some program.

Had a woman crying having gone off her sertraline because she wanted to be "sober". Sure that idea is so prevalent she might have thought of it herself but what you hear in meetings doesn't help. Like someone spoke up saying that if they hadn't gone through the pain of stopping their medication they would not have improved.

Let people take their prescribed drugs please.

i sure would like to be less insanely doped up on occasion though so I may operate a motor vehicle
just moved to the boondocks and have very scarce buses to rely on :(
sure did manage to gently caress myself over royally whilst manic for two months

Bright Bart

BALLS DILDO posted:

i sure would like to be less insanely doped up on occasion though so I may operate a motor vehicle
just moved to the boondocks and have very scarce buses to rely on :(
sure did manage to gently caress myself over royally whilst manic for two months

Sorry to hear this.

I understand you have a vehicle but aren't driving because of the medications you take?

Must really suck.

Ohtori Akio

Bright Bart posted:

This vaguely reminds me of Quaker meetings and I love those.

got it in one yeah

Bright Bart

Ohtori Akio posted:

got it in one yeah

If you have easy access to those then I am jealous.

Bright Bart

Man at times I will have my act together. Medication, reading Stoic philosophy, exercise, good meals, yoga.

Then like a lightbulb being turned off the world gets so dark. None of what I did to prepare for the bad times seems to pay dividends.

Then like now and I can hardly get out of bed let alone force myself to do the things that might bring me back out of my low.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 9, 2022

Ohtori Akio

Bright Bart posted:

If you have easy access to those then I am jealous.

Living in the big city is good for me turns out

Bright Bart

I want a big change in my pharmacotherapy. I don't even care about side effects. Just please make me functional I am wasting my life.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
i know that feelio bb it sux

I currently feel like more of a void than ive ever felt

im gonna tell my doc if he’s not gonna let me try lithium as mono then to switch it to an ssri to fight my antipsych because I just can’t but i am always expected 2

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Bright Bart

Hang in there baka.

And yes speak to your psychiatrist. Some are more concerned about SSRIs than others but it's worth the conversation.

I'm also taking lithium and am dissapointed it's not a magic bullet like lamotrigine was for me. Everyone is different however and for some lithium IS magic.

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy
i should shut up this doesn't matter i don't matter

Fart Dumbass fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 10, 2022

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stoner Sloth

Fart Dumbass posted:

not really doing ok, feeling really bad, don't feel like I have anywhere or anyone to talk to about it. this isn't my space either, I don't belong here, I'm intruding. at best people in byob haven't made me leave because they don't know me. I'm really having a hard time and I shouldn't be. I don't deserve to be, I don't deserve not to either though. I'm trying to remind myself that i won't feel this way forever, I shouldn't feel this way at all. it will be ok. I am ok, it will be ok. I am having trouble thinking straight. I am not feeling good at all.

:sympathy: sorry you're having those feelings, been there before. all I can say is that i enjoy reading your posts and am glad that you post with us here and that you're welcome here

as you say you will be okay and you are okay, i'm sorry you're not feeling good and i hope you feel better soon friend

Goons Are Gifts

Anyone's welcome to share us much or as little as they feel like, everyone who wants to share or even just read the words of others definitely does belong here :glomp:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
We want you here, Fart Dumbass :w2byob:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Bright Bart

Woah FD I am sorry you're going through a rough time. It's good you recognize it will pass. But in the moment it can feel overwhelming. Still a good outlook as I have made many poor choices thinking that feeling bad will last forever.

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy
you are all very kind but it's not true. you just don't know me. everyone who knows me, hates me. I am a piece of poo poo and nobody wants me around, not really. nobody likes me, and if you think you do then you just haven't looked hard enough. I don't know why people don't like me, but they don't. everyone who has ever known me utlimately doesn't want me around, especially on this website. I've been here for nearly 20 years and never once have I been able to call a goon an actual friend and that's because I'm annoying and ultimately everyone would be better off if I left. I tried just being anonymous and that was fine until someone figured out it was me and now it's not fine and im not welcome here and I just need to take the hint, leave and not come back. im sorry for making GBS threads up this space, it's just me taking advantage of a place where people don't know me to get sympathy I don't deserve. a closer look will have you all wishing you hadn't said anything nice to me and ultimately I know that. I shouldn't have posted here, I don't deserve the sympathy of kind people, and this place, like every other place would be better off if I were gone and it is time I heard that message and stopped fighting against it and stopped not believing it. how many times do I need to hear it before I accept it? I'm not welcome here and I never was and I never will be. the closest I will ever come to being welcome is kind people who don't know me reacting the way they would to someone who is not me, because they don't know me yet. I'm sorry for making GBS threads the thread up. if you don't believe me just read my post history and you'll figure come to the same conclusion that everyone else does, which is that they want me to do the same thing I want to do

----------------

biosterous

Fart Dumbass posted:

I'm not welcome here and I never was and I never will be.

:wrong:

looking at your post history as you requested, my advice is to just stop reading and posting in cspam, it seems to be bad for your mood

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy
right, the solution is 'stop trying to be part of things' because nothing I want to be a part of wants me around. it's not just cspam. it's everywhere. the result is always the same, it always will be, I will never be welcome anywhere that I want to be, and why should I be? I'm basically the poo poo golem from Dogma but if instead of trying to kill people, I wanted to be friends with them or at least just be allowed to be around. of course nobody wants a poo poo golem around. it's a poo poo golem. I try to tell myself I won't always feel like this but I will. I have. I do. I can't see it changing, not ever. why would it? why should it?

----------------

biosterous

"stay out of cspam" is advice i would give to literally anyone and everyone, though, not just you

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
hey fd you can’t be the most hosed up loseriest deathiest goon that exists

that position is taken :colbert:

it’s all good we’re all good here & i know how it feels

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

teen witch
I’m sorry but I’m head loser

if I told you the dumb poo poo I’ve done in the past few months I’d be loser tsar. lsar

you’ll have to fight and kill me to win

Bright Bart

My man I'm hoping you're just going through a tough time and don't feel this way consistantly.

If it means anything I am also not welcome everywhere that I'd like to be. To a large extent this is my fault. But I've found places where I am welcome.

You say you don't deserve sympathy from anyone here but how about you let us be the judge of that?

Bright Bart

Also if you feel this way all the time and you have access to therapy maybe give it a shot.

All my childhood I felt like I didn't belong, that I was a loser who people instinctively didn't like. I couldn't tell you why people didn't like me. They just didn't.

But working on it I found that I am underestimating myself. And that there were aspects of my behaviour which were unpleasant. This could be mitigated if im aware of them.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 10, 2022

Emo Szyslak

2nding therapy if thats an option. also nthing the advice to avoid posting in places that make you feel bad; when i was at my absolute lowest i was also posting (and tweeting) like crazy and taking any and all drive-by comments as deep, personal attacks. i absolutely feel you on looking for communities but many of the ones online are insular and abrasive and it's just not worth getting invested in

i know it's easier said than done in 2022 but consider unplugging for a while or limiting your online time

Emo Szyslak

or even limiting your posting to, say, the blue forum founded on the principles of the wyld stallyns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i'm gonna preface this with i do not give a poo poo about any other board beyond this one. it is not impossible that you've burnt bridges and made people very unhappy but i feel the need to tell you we aren't lying. if you post here we will not tell you to stop. i don't care about reputations that precede and i don't think anyone else here does either really. we are more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and if you are chill and nice and funny (honestly, in that order), you'll fit right in.

i know what it is like to be in the depths of darkness, and fully believe that i was worthless, better off dead, a burden on my family and friends. it's a lie. i wish i had someone to slap me out of it and tell me it's a lie.

you exist, and you deserve to keep existing, and you deserve to have a life that you like.

maybe i'll regret posting this when some cspam person pm's me a .pdf of all your terrible posts but honestly i doubt it. we all grow, we all change, we all deserve second, third and forth chances (outside of stuff we all recognize as unforgivable). how many times should i forgive my brother or sister? not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

i believe this. when someone is suffering we should try and help. attempting to determine if the sufferer is worthy of our help is loving nazi poo poo. quantifying human suffering and saying "this person deserves a hand and this one doesn't" is wrong and cruel.

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy
you are all very kind, I wish I could say it has made me feel better, but I still feel overwhelmed and awful and I think I am just going to autoban again and not come back this time, not on this account, not on any other. I truly do not belong on this site and I never did, and it would be dumb to think 'oh well I'll limit myself to this forum..' no I won't, first of all. even if I did the same thing would happen again and I'd be right back here. i shouldn't have wasted money on this account. hell i just bought an avatar yesterday. loving idiotic of me. wasting money on poo poo for an account on a forum where I felt the need to go anonymous because everyone hates me and would legit cheer if they heard I was dead lol. galaxy brain poo poo. why would I even want to be on a forum where people felt that way about me? what's wrong with me lol? one way or another I'm gonna get out of everyone's hair, if I simply cannot stop myself from reading or posting then I will just auto ban but it is high time I stopped being anyone else's problem but my own. thank you for listening to me and being kind to a stranger who is hurting.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

if you think that's the best choice i'm not going to argue with you but it is important for me to tell you that you have value as a human being regardless of posts. sometimes i think about shutting down all my pro-active internet use so i kinda get it.