Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Perhaps if Elon Musk was able to clean his room, his cars wouldn't be deathtraps. :thunkgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
This is pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/alexdemling/status/1557221632837505025

Hyperloop has always mystified me, because even if it worked exactly as described with no issues, it would still be less efficient than a normal subway or train.

Now we know why.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it seems way safer to sit next to a serial killer on public transit than in a private car

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You'd think he'd like rail, he could sell them battery trains.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bad Purchase posted:

it seems way safer to sit next to a serial killer on public transit than sit next to Elon Musk.

Fixed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

goatface posted:

You'd think he'd like rail, he could sell them battery trains.

but then he would still have to interact / be near poors.

also he wouldnt be able to snort and shoot up drugs. or jack off his weird inbred dick.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he's gonna need a train car for family vacations at this rate

just kidding, he's never gonna interact with his kids that much

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He could be like the kings of old and have his own private train.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bad Purchase posted:

it seems way safer to sit next to a serial killer on public transit than in a private car

Gary Numan disagrees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im3JzxlatUs

Seriously though gently caress musk

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

William Bear posted:

This is pretty funny.

Hyperloop has always mystified me, because even if it worked exactly as described with no issues, it would still be less efficient than a normal subway or train.

Now we know why.

I’m not sure why anyone would give him an out and believe that. He’s just a loving idiot.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1556991029814886404?t=PkjFPQBij4cb4JJ2daaebg&s=19

Full self-driving beta 4.7.1
* Fixed bug that caused the car to always accelerate and steer towards small children

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

William Bear posted:

This is pretty funny.

Now we know why.

Maintaining the Cali tradition of listening to car manufacturers as public transport experts

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

GABA ghoul posted:

https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1556991029814886404?t=PkjFPQBij4cb4JJ2daaebg&s=19

Full self-driving beta 4.7.1
* Fixed bug that caused the car to always accelerate and steer towards small children

Full self-driving beta 4.7.2
* Fixed three additional bugs that caused the car to always accelerate and steer towards small children

Full self-driving beta 4.7.3
* Reverted 4.7.2, as it introduced ten additional bugs caused the car to always accelerate and steer towards small children

Mozi fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 10, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they fix that bug he'll never be able to thin out his child-herd.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the car is so advanced it was able to determine the dummy wasn't a real child and that it was not solid enough to cause damage in a collision

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
No posts noting that Elon Musk sold $6.9 billion in Tesla stock?

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/9/23299343/elon-musk-tesla-stock-sells-twitter-trial

I'll say this about Elon. He is committed to meme numbers.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bad Purchase posted:

Only if it's an Uber

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Do you think when he’s having sex with all these awful rich women he constantly shouts Reddit memes?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

William Bear posted:

This is pretty funny.

Now we know why.

I doubt this. The high speed rail was already approved and funded but got scaled back by a lot because of skyrocketing costs and mismanagement.

This sounds more like some idiotic puppet master type excuse for his failure with hyperloop.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like that muskrats are so loving jc crhist stupid they jump to live humans/kids .

like no making the doll more human like and maybe giving it a heat signature. Also giving teslas a feature they dont have? like musk wants optical/visble light cams? not lidar or ir.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Maybe that's why he insists on having so many kids. More test subjects.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Looking at his history, I think that @CryptoCabSav is being serious… like shouldn’t the car not hit child-sized objects that are at ambient temperature, like, I dunno, bollards?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol a $130k tesla caught fire down the street from me

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

your honor, the defense pleads not guilty on the basis that the deceased was wearing an insulating layer rendering him invisible to the vehicle’s IR camera. although tragic, the deceased endangered himself with his reckless choice of apparel.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

JackBandit posted:

Do you think when he’s having sex with all these awful rich women he constantly shouts Reddit memes?

he definitely shouts his own name, calls himself ol musky

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Clearly the the correct behavior when spotting a heavy human shaped object in front of you that's gonna trash your expensive car when hit is to floor the gas pedal and drive into it, you loving idiots. You complete morons. If the body ain't warm, there is not gonna be harm

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Bad Purchase posted:

your honor, the defense pleads not guilty on the basis that the deceased was wearing an insulating layer rendering him invisible to the vehicle’s IR camera. although tragic, the deceased endangered himself with his reckless choice of apparel.

so teslas are literally the predator

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So the articles say he now has 15% of Tesla stock.

What did he own at the maximum?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sophy Wackles posted:

I doubt this. The high speed rail was already approved and funded but got scaled back by a lot because of skyrocketing costs and mismanagement.

This sounds more like some idiotic puppet master type excuse for his failure with hyperloop.

hyperloop was not a real proposal. there is absolutely no way that Elon was ever serious about it

but proposing it somewhat eroded the political will to keep on with rail projects. why make the hard decisions and spend the hard money on trains when there's magic future trains just around the corner??

this is a big ongoing problem with public transportation, by the way: there's constantly tech idiots promising they're going to revolutionize transport and make something that's either cheaper or better than existing methods, and the politicians lean on those promises as an excuse to cancel big conventional transit projects that never have much political will behind them in the first place

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wouldn't this mean teslas would think bollards are worth hitting as well? Collison avoidance in general is a plus for a vehicle

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Wouldn't this mean teslas would think bollards are worth hitting as well? Collison avoidance in general is a plus for a vehicle

That's no-coiner thinking

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

hyperloop was not a real proposal. there is absolutely no way that Elon was ever serious about it

but proposing it somewhat eroded the political will to keep on with rail projects. why make the hard decisions and spend the hard money on trains when there's magic future trains just around the corner??

this is a big ongoing problem with public transportation, by the way: there's constantly tech idiots promising they're going to revolutionize transport and make something that's either cheaper or better than existing methods, and the politicians lean on those promises as an excuse to cancel big conventional transit projects that never have much political will behind them in the first place

Musk isn't that smart to think like that. It was all to get tax breaks and tesla sales.
If it was all a ruse he wouldn't have built the test track and have dozens of universities come and prove how poo poo it was.
Then when it was shown to be a failure, remember he pivoted to claim he could dig tunnels 90% cheaper than current ones, for traffic usage.
Dude will say whatever comes into his head at the time that he thinks will make him super einstein.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

happyhippy posted:

Musk isn't that smart to think like that. It was all to get tax breaks and tesla sales.
If it was all a ruse he wouldn't have built the test track and have dozens of universities come and prove how poo poo it was.
Then when it was shown to be a failure, remember he pivoted to claim he could dig tunnels 90% cheaper than current ones, for traffic usage.
Dude will say whatever comes into his head at the time that he thinks will make him super einstein.

yeah the whole poo poo was just looking in some industrial catalog at the price of sewer main borers vs the price of full sized subway borers and dropping his monacle when someone informed him a single tesla could fit in a sewer main tunnel if you didn't ever open the doors.

middle school rear end logic in heavy play here

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

King Carnivore posted:

Looking at his history, I think that @CryptoCabSav is being serious… like shouldn’t the car not hit child-sized objects that are at ambient temperature, like, I dunno, bollards?

Or like, children when it's hot out.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Or children who are dead. Have some respect.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Please don't forget about living children with long hair and gloves who are standing with their back to the Tesla.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

That's not even the most deranged response.

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1557134727428993024?s=20&t=_ppfEB6urB3kU4U81UKM-w

The thread is wild.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

What's the worst that could happen?

Oh, wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They'll need a full range of children from baby to near adult to really work out when the failure happens.