Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Azathoth posted:

if they take a pool of people and apply certain techniques then with a sufficiently large pool, they will be able to get at least one person close enough to that to be useful for a similar purpose

it’s the birthday paradox, but for psychological subversion and abuse. wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

brainwashing and remote viewing are attempts by feds to emulate the interdimensional phasing/out of body experiences that happen during uap sightings and alien abductions

can i get two plates of hippy hash?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i'll bring extras back from the weed planet for u

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, I think the "secret" is that what brainwashing is imagined to be in popular culture is possible but it cannot be done on an arbitrary individual. That is, it isn't necessarily possible to take a particular person and make them a manchurian candidate with perfect accuracy but if they take a pool of people and apply certain techniques then with a sufficiently large pool, they will be able to get at least one person close enough to that to be useful for a similar purpose, it's just that a certain percentage of failed candidates from said pool end up with permanent, debilitating psychological conditions as a result. So, it isn't useful for turning some specific public figure into a perfect subject, because it's highly unlikely it'll work for them specifically but it is highly effective at getting throwaway people to do heinous things in a plausibly deniable way.

yeah it's a recruitment funnel

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://mobile.twitter.com/DogRightGirl/status/1557000597638881281?cxt=HHwWgoCxleryyZsrAAAA

Craaack-Ping!!!

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
Double post:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShuaniMator/status/1557095643759493121?cxt=HHwWgoC--Z6P9ZsrAAAA

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

I hate that I understand every word of this and that I am nodding along to every part of it.

see, the conditioning works!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Famous leftist uhhhh… Hitler??

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

This is legit and it's too bad it'll get lumped in with the other crap they posted which truthfully has nothing to do with it

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs making snuff for foreign distribution continues to be 100% true

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is legit and it's too bad it'll get lumped in with the other crap they posted which truthfully has nothing to do with it

totally, there's a lot of very interesting facts and analysis (so too w/ the 9/11 stuff, and the AJ stuff) but ofc the guy is also a very open racist lol. from my perspective, totally orthogonal to his points about deep politics, but he def ties the immigration issue into his overarching worldview. take the best and gently caress the rest imo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

mark immune posted:

totally, there's a lot of very interesting facts and analysis (so too w/ the 9/11 stuff, and the AJ stuff) but ofc the guy is also a very open racist lol. from my perspective, totally orthogonal to his points about deep politics, but he def ties the immigration issue into his overarching worldview. take the best and gently caress the rest imo

Reminds me of those old Disinfo volumes which were mixed up collections of far right/far left conspiracy stuff with titles like Everything You Know is Wrong. Actual horseshoe theory but only because that's the only way to puncture the bubble.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

Oof been too long.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

...digital gladio...

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

nut posted:

...digital gladio...

Yeah but who originally created it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgmFDjA8lxU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

nut posted:

...digital gladio...

???
https://archiveofourown.org/works/40874661/chapters/102429204

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Whoah Whoah don’t even, not my fault they copied the official novelization in parts

nut
Jul 30, 2019

nut posted:

Whoah Whoah don’t even, not my fault they copied the official novelization in parts

this is the most goons.txt i will ever get

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
whoops resident evil 7 was the first game in the series that i actually played

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Reminds me of those old Disinfo volumes which were mixed up collections of far right/far left conspiracy stuff with titles like Everything You Know is Wrong. Actual horseshoe theory but only because that's the only way to puncture the bubble.

yep, this just stirred a pre 9/11 memory of getting You Are Being Lied To and it blowing my adolescent mind. I'd already started reading about the kennedy assassination but the disinfo book for real cranked up the skepticism

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
When I was a kid I loved autobiographies and in high school convinced my history teacher to let me do an independent study where I just read all these books on famous people that I knew the names of but didnt know a lot about

Books I read:

Autobiographies of :
JFK
MLK
Malcolm X
Che
Ceaser Chavez
Mohammed Ali
Both Roosevelts

Plus some other stuff that a high school in 2000 might have like a single chomsky book

They certainly didnt really open my eyes to a lot of stuff but otoh they opened my eyes to so much

edit: I did read those disinfo books as well but probably in a different context

A Bakers Cousin has issued a correction as of 18:38 on Aug 10, 2022

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh man i hadn't thought of those disinfo books in forever, totally forgot about those, i think i read 2 or 3 of them in high school and they (with the onion/onion books) were v formative

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1557393194215784448?t=H-LOQlg0kQw_DB_su3quRA&s=19

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
freemasons is just the vfw, old dudes drinking

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Wearing my kufflinks to klongress

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Pope has recently taken some measures to get Opus Dei under control and I had no idea how explicitly they were allowed to operate as a black box because they had an anticommunist agenda.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

The Pope has recently taken some measures to get Opus Dei under control and I had no idea how explicitly they were allowed to operate as a black box because they had an anticommunist agenda.

gladio also to do whatever they wanted, including terror campaigns against the civilian population, assassinating the prime minister of sweden, and kidnapping and killing the prime minister of italy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Also murder a pope.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

MonsieurChoc posted:

Also murder a pope.

who can say if opus dei is good, or bad

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

need to find a good writeup on Tradition Family Property sometime, those guys are huge psychos directly tied to most Latin American fascists of the cold war, but they seem to fly under the radar in the US a lot

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think the Pentecostals in Latin America are also funded by the US.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

fanfic insert posted:

Sirhan Sirhan was just the distraction so he didn't have to be a perfect Manchurian.

There was a 2nd gun(wo)man

Her name was Rio, and she dances on the sand

Oh wait, that's Duran Duran, my bad

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://mobile.twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1557521738749157383

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
a drunk girl twisting my ear at a party last week was insisting that there was going to be a false flag attack in NYC around mid-october. Has anyone seen any based and pilled telegram memes that allege as much? Wondering where she got it.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

she don’t miss

https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1557717642064105473?s=21&t=qbcL1Emws018N5J33apFsA

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Head Bee Guy posted:

a drunk girl twisting my ear at a party last week was insisting that there was going to be a false flag attack in NYC around mid-october. Has anyone seen any based and pilled telegram memes that allege as much? Wondering where she got it.

Paul bassaro or whatever his name is tweeted something a few days ago to the effect of “I wonder if something is going to happen to a certain bridge”- my first thought is the Brooklyn bridge

:shrug::tinfoil:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cocaine Mitch!!!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cocaine Mitch!!!

Blankenship's campaign remains the funniest non-Trump campaign ever run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I love my China Family