Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Tankbuster posted:

Someone please explain the joke

Hongqi sounds like Honkey which is a slur against white people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I thought it was pronounced Hong Chi. Lol anyways.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

Someone please explain the joke

Its what they call hongkongers that want to be Yankees

Tankbuster posted:

I thought it was pronounced Hong Chi. Lol anyways.
Yeah it should be that

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Honking the horn in my hongqi.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol at having a sig for twitter posts

And then it's "ICE must be destroyed" in TYOOL 2022

Yeah the internal combustion engine shouldve been killed in the 70s at the latest

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
In Chinese, hongqi means "red flag."

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
What does Hong Meiling mean in chinese?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

afaik china is not supplying saudi arabia with chinese made tanks, planes, and bombs to genocide yemen so there is a material difference of the nature of their relationship

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

i have a giant Hong Dong if you catch my drift :smug:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
on a more juvenile level, car go honkey

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

would love to see Xi's response to NEOM. Lol. These Marxists have a lot to learn from the Salmanist Thought approach to urban planning

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

i have a giant Hong Dong if you catch my drift :smug:

don’t lie in the Eurasia thread

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

oh man I just read the reports about Xi Jinpings visit to Saudi Arabia,

apparently they’re planning on throwing him a big party reception, the same kind of party they threw donald trump when he came over. even bigger because they plan on having him tour multiple cities, Riyadh, Jeddah and of course NEOM.

and Saudi officials are claiming that MBS’s ability to travel abroad and entertain big foreign guests again because Biden visiting him opened the door for him loooll

lmaoooo

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
what happens if xi tells him that most of neom isn’t gonna work and those consultants are ripping him off

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

please tell me HongQi is pronounced like honkey

edit: shoulda refreshed

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

this allusion meant posted:

what happens if xi tells him that most of neom isn’t gonna work and those consultants are ripping him off

standing alongside MBS, Xi will give his typical blank smile look at all the sand and dirt that is NEOM and the only thought that will cross his head is “I am going to make so much money scamming this loving idiot”

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

oh man I just read the reports about Xi Jinpings visit to Saudi Arabia,

apparently they’re planning on throwing him a big party reception, the same kind of party they threw donald trump when he came over. even bigger because they plan on having him tour multiple cities, Riyadh, Jeddah and of course NEOM.

and Saudi officials are claiming that MBS’s ability to travel abroad and entertain big foreign guests again because Biden visiting him opened the door for him loooll

Hope he doesn't get covid

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Spergin Morlock posted:

please tell me HongQi is pronounced like honkey

edit: shoulda refreshed

it’s not

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

standing alongside MBS, Xi will give his typical blank smile look at all the sand and dirt that is NEOM and the only thought that will cross his head is “I am going to make so much money scamming this loving idiot”

preview of the meeting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyU0LyWZ9M

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm not sure anyone really knows what happens in the US if China takes out an aircraft carrier.

Just loling at remembering that Wargame where aster losing 2 carries the US somehow manages to eek out a tie under Taiwan, 10k Americans in a go. We'd be utterly deranged in our response

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

I'm ashamed that president Xi is meeting with someone so closely entangled with the CIA. Once again the left is dismantled by Amerikan intelligence.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

That article about how anti-China aesthetic is counterproductive was really onto something.

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1557714613201928192?s=20&t=53qN3h3h3rT1ywKaYEsGnQ

China is looking badass as Hell. Go Team Dragon

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That article about how anti-China aesthetic is counterproductive was really onto something.

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1557714613201928192?s=20&t=53qN3h3h3rT1ywKaYEsGnQ

This post made me finally realize why in Europe dragons are short - because in Chinese dragons are long!

Horatius Bonar
Sep 8, 2011

Tbh two long, didn't read

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Biden got the fistbump.

Xi will get the sword and the globe

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Oh man, whatever did Europeans do to China to deserve such hypothetical treatment.

Can't have been that bad, right?

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
when will western sinophobes finally learn a single thing about chinese national jingoism and start using rabbits to represent the xiaofenhong menace

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Horatius Bonar posted:

This post made me finally realize why in Europe dragons are short - because in Chinese dragons are long!

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

stephenthinkpad posted:

Biden got the fistbump.

Xi will get the sword and the globe

This is real diplomacy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1557699902708277248?s=20&t=W7veD_Pllhh_ViUbN0O0Kw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

when will western sinophobes finally learn a single thing about chinese national jingoism and start using rabbits to represent the xiaofenhong menace

why should you learn about the enemy? you run the risk of understanding something, which is basically the same as supporting it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/tmavuram/status/1557407434087563264?cxt=HHwWgIC89enzgp0rAAAA

No gay canadian rapper could turn me away from modi.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Another entry for the memorial wall

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Unfriend?

Both Taiwan and Samaliland should be banned for using Zuckbook.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

WSJ: China copes and seethes at BASED and FREEDOM-PILLED Somaliland

https://twitter.com/HornDiplomat/status/1557697105766060032?s=20&t=a7ct9O_qiV9elRr91F3atQ

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Unrelated but this is basically the entirety of crypto

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

I hope he does this while giving MBS a disappointed look.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

I hope he does this while giving MBS a disappointed look.

has Xi Jinping ever changed the expression on his face ever, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have any other face other than that blank smile he always had, he should learn a thing or two from Kim Jong Un and have like a million super expressive faces depending on what he’s looking at. nothing will ever top the expression of pure joy Kim Jong UN had when he was looking at goop coming out of a tube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

has Xi Jinping ever changed the expression on his face ever, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have any other face other than that blank smile he always had, he should learn a thing or two from Kim Jong Un and have like a million super expressive faces depending on what he’s looking at. nothing will ever top the expression of pure joy Kim Jong UN had when he was looking at goop coming out of a tube.

he definitely has a disappointed dad look and a different actually pleased blank smile versus the politely bored blank smile. but yeah ccp leadership are famously inexpressive