Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

kanonvandekempen posted:

There is a 10 seconds completely silent zoom + 360° camera circle on the black pyramid of Nagash at about 9'30'', just in case anyone wasn't convinced we'd eventually get him as DLC.
It's not quite as emphasized but what's with the big floating chaos island they do something similar to early in the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Sindai posted:

It's not quite as emphasized but what's with the big floating chaos island they do something similar to early in the video?

I think that is the McGuffin city the 4 Warriors DLC lords are fighting over to gain access to. It seems like they kind of want to do with that what TK / Manny / Volkmar are doing with the books of Nagash. I'd reckon in future DLC we wind up with other factions also fighting to get into it. It was speculated earlier in the thread that if they bring out Elspeth Von Draken that she'd also be fighting to get there.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 11, 2022

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

drat, that was a good trailer. I wasn't the biggest fan of the art style in 3 to begin with but I've come around on it. That world tour was glorious :allears:

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

I think that is the McGuffin city the 4 Warriors DLC lords are fighting over to gain access to.

You're probably right, even though I didn't think that was going to be part of Immortal empires.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
dammit, so hyped by the trailer. that was good. map art style is nice. can't wait for streamers to dig in tomorrow.

I have thousands of hours in this game but have only finished a campaign twice, so starting with IE, I'm going through LLs in release order (base WH1 > WH1 DLCs > base WH2 > WH2 DLCs > base WH3, etc), using a random picker to choose the order when multiple LLs were released at the same time. I'm playing VH/VH, so rules are that I can save-scum if I really screw something up, but I have to delete all my incremental saves before I end a session, have to keep army comps as lore-accurate as possible, and I have to finish the campaign (don't need to do a full-map completion, but just to the point where I've eliminated all major foes, etc). I used the IE LL spinner someone made recently https://wheelofnames.com/c3j-2ya

Here's the order of the WH1 base LLs:
Karl Franz (yes, this actually came up first lol)
Mannfred von Carstein
Ungrim Ironfist
Heinrich Kemmler
Azhag the Slaughterer
Sigvald the Magnificent
Archaon the Everchosen
Thorgrim Grudgemaker
Balthasar Gelt
Kholek Suneater
Grimgor Ironhide

the full list is complete through shadow & the blade dlc

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Anno posted:

Now this is a trailer worth chatting about. Holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo. August the 23rd will be the new Christmas. How many more sleeps???

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Any word on when we'll start seeing previews of the blood DLC?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Was it tomorrow? Someone posted an embargo schedule a while back.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The youtuber embargo lifts on the chaos DLC and blood next Tuesday apparently, so the official video for it will probably either be then or Monday

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Fuuuuuuck me the new art style for the map looks amazing in IE. So much more readable. Cathay, in particular, looks incredible... but holy poo poo they even made the Mortis River and the rest of Nehekara look cool. The Vortex isn't as "in your face", either, and the Ulthuan gates look more like gates and less like roadblocks.

God dammit I am so hyped for this stupid game. :allears: I hope it works decently on the 23rd. I need it in my veins.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Kislev Lady says No Step Back.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

MikeC posted:

Holy poo poo. August the 23rd will be the new Christmas. How many more sleeps???

1,000,000 seconds to go

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Kislev Lady says No Step Back.

it is one of the things she says at the start of a fight

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Less than two weeks left and there’s still so much we don’t know about IE. What the hinted-at new endgame event is, the new objectives for most factions, or most of the new mechanics for new or reworked factions.

They usually do features on some of the new units, and the various Chaos Warshrines seem due for one. They made versions for each god, so there must be more going on than it giving the same buffs as the Norscan unit. We saw the stat card for the Khorne one in the Valkia video, but I don’t think we saw the ability descriptions.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
I'm going mannfred first. He was my first campaign so it'll be great to see how much its changed.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

Less than two weeks left and there’s still so much we don’t know about IE. What the hinted-at new endgame event is, the new objectives for most factions, or most of the new mechanics for new or reworked factions.

They usually do features on some of the new units, and the various Chaos Warshrines seem due for one. They made versions for each god, so there must be more going on than it giving the same buffs as the Norscan unit. We saw the stat card for the Khorne one in the Valkia video, but I don’t think we saw the ability descriptions.

IE stuff starts tomorrow from the content creators, and then I assume we'll get bigger info dumps throughout next week. CA might limit the max turns that the creators can show until next week, though, so that the marketing stuff can drop details on the end-game stuff before the creators do.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm just happy the tip of Lustria isn't cut off anymore

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah, it was so odd having Malus landlocked with a Black Ark.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Lustria and the Southlands are no longer circumcised! You can sail around the world! Navigable rivers in Cathay and the Empire! BIG CHUNGUS MAP.

It'll be so nice to see WH3 finally release. :unsmith:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I finally finished a campaign and was thinking of playing a second with the awful chaos rifts disabled.

Do we know if the demon prince will have access to any of the new chaos warrior stuff or is he safe to try out while waiting on IE?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now I can take my vampire coast vampirates over to Warhammer Somalia and fight Khalida.

Is there a good method for fighting dwarfs as the vampirates? The gunline of zombies is good but it's not that good and the faction is vulnerable to anti large like giant slayers.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I finally finished a campaign and was thinking of playing a second with the awful chaos rifts disabled.

Do we know if the demon prince will have access to any of the new chaos warrior stuff or is he safe to try out while waiting on IE?

I don't remember anything about him next patch. Given he already has really good unit variety, I don't think it's going to hurt your game play experience not having the Warriors units.

If I had to guess, he'll get the cut down marked units only, not the full warriors roster.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I started playing Spot the LL in the video. Bolded names were either directly or indirectly mentioned.

Oxyotl
Teclis

Kroq-Gar
Khalida
Kugath
Ghorst

Zhao Ming
Snitch
Miao Ying

Kholek
Grimgor
Archeon
Boris
Daniel

Malus
Throgg
Throt
Katarina
Kostalyn
Wulfrik
Be'lakor
Malekith

Taurox
Sisters of Twilight
Mazdamundi
N'Kari

Allarielle
Tyrion
Noctolis (boat)
Alberic
Marcus
Gor-Rok
Skrolk
Teheannuin
Kairos
Volkmar
Manfred
Settra
Skarbrand

Queek
Thorgrim
Scrag

Aranessa (boat)
Ikit
Morkhur
Fey Enchantress
Grom
Orion
(gently caress I knew I'd forget one of their names...uh, the angrytree)
Karl Franz

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Arc Hammer posted:

Now I can take my vampire coast vampirates over to Warhammer Somalia and fight Khalida.

Is there a good method for fighting dwarfs as the vampirates? The gunline of zombies is good but it's not that good and the faction is vulnerable to anti large like giant slayers.

Coast will outshoot AI dwarfs with no effort. You can spam cheap and completely expendable handgun mobs so their armor does nothing, and you can bring piles of artillery that will force AI dwarf stacks to slowly waddle to you while they die. Queen Bess will kill hundreds of dwarfs even before you start reloading it with a gunnery wight.

You'll have a tough time if you attempt to engage them in melee or spam monsters into them, but you don't ever need to.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Arc Hammer posted:

Dwarves don't have a great answer if you out-artillery them. They are slow and can't effectively juke mortar and bess shots.

Deck Gunners also do a ton of work since they outrange Dwarven return fire and break shield.

Edit: I wouldn't try to monster mash dwarves. Even though they armor pen, dwarves are sturdy enough to hold long enough for their gunners and slayers to get you.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 11, 2022

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The AI is absolutely awful so just do whatever you want, basically. The dwarves have great ranged firepower but the AI does not know how to utilize it so you'll outshoot them comfortably with the vampirates

The AI usually only becomes an issue once they have multiple armies hassling your one army

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

SirPhoebos posted:

I started playing Spot the LL in the video. Bolded names were either directly or indirectly mentioned.

While the narrator doesn't mention them, you see a lot of the unbolded ones as well. Kroq-gar, Zhao, and Kholek are all visible on the map near the beginning, with Zhao even speaking to his units.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Muscle Tracer posted:

While the narrator doesn't mention them, you see a lot of the unbolded ones as well. Kroq-gar, Zhao, and Kholek are all visible on the map near the beginning, with Zhao even speaking to his units.

That was the point of his post; the unbolded ones aren’t mentioned but are seen, while the bolded ones are mentioned.

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 11, 2022

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Really excited to see they left Kemmler out of the trailer. They must be planning something big for him.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

As someone who's spent hours looking at the world edge mountains the southern areas are drastically changed but i don't know if it's just map assets or if they've changed the settlements. Even silver road is changed with settlement placement and the roads changed too.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
You can also shoot all the Slayers and then monster mash, only Ungrim brings them in bulk usually.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Muscle Tracer posted:

Yeah, I was listing all the ones that I saw, the bolded ones were just mentioned.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like WH3 is pretty dang demanding. I have a 1080, and I am very excited for IE. Should I upgrade?

Should I really, though?

I also think it's weirdly light on the CPU side, but I might be wrong.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Doomykins posted:

You can also shoot all the Slayers and then monster mash, only Ungrim brings them in bulk usually.

So maybe four handgunners, two deck gunners, Bess, a few mortars or Necrofexes and a load of pistol chaff and maybe a unit or two of depth guard for some rear line harassment?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Depth Guard as is in WH2 are incredibly limited in use, I usually go Lord, Hero, Hero, 8-10 zombies and the rest guns until I can replace zombies with monsters. I end up with two heroes since you usually start with a wight or a ghoul and then get one for free within 20 turns by a start of turn prompt.

You can also go all guns by using the pistol guys who can walk and shoot as your front. Vampire Coast T1-2 are absolutely horrible holders other than their ability to tarpit until they crumble and die entirely, so some free shots are a nice extra before the fronts meet if you don't mind the added costs.

You also get 3 Melee, 1 Rifle and 1 Walking Pistol by default on Raise Dead per turn without a battle site nearby.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

jokes posted:

I feel like WH3 is pretty dang demanding. I have a 1080, and I am very excited for IE. Should I upgrade?

Should I really, though?

I also think it's weirdly light on the CPU side, but I might be wrong.

My 1060 really chugged, but my 3060 does just fine. I'm not on 4k though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Depth Guard look Bad rear end though, and the game isn't about having the most efficient and optimized army, it's about smashing your cool dudes into your opponents poo poo tier units and watching them gently caress poo poo up.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I'm hype as all hell for this,

I think I am going to take ghorst out for a zombie apoc into cathay.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Finished the campaign with Cathy and wow that was waaaaaay more chill than the kislov campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

My 1060 really chugged, but my 3060 does just fine. I'm not on 4k though.

I've got a 1070 and it seems ok. Definitely not on the top settings but the game players fine with few/no slowdowns.