Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Just my anecdote, I used to regularly volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. Our area's project foreman was super serious about never getting any one injured for obvious reasons. He was also kind of a goofball and would try to make people laugh.

He used to try and shoot the nail guns and staple guns at the trashcans and dumpsters. It was the first that I realized that maybe these aren't dangerous like in the cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

lol all hail corn.

In America we're all probably at east 15% corn by weight - woo subsidies

Stoatbringer posted:

Country girls make do.

:biglips:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nooner posted:

like quick rear end google:

https://www.academy.com/p/hi-point-firearms-9mm-pistol
$179.99

first hit on cordless nail gun
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...-203810823-_-N&
$139.00

ffs dude its another $40 for a real gun :confused:

gotta save money because of BIDENFLATION

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lmao

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AHH F/UGH posted:

Considering you come out of the woodwork to stan his sorry rear end every time he gets mentioned you'd think you might at least know how to spell his name correctly

I post ITT all the time?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Trillhouse posted:

pictured here picking up a mag because his pouches didn't have retention. he was shot in the heart one time and died in the parking lot. no one else was injured.

he also had a tactical sword (you can see it in the picture behind him.) he was wearing a flak jacket, which aren't actually bulletproof as he found out.

before the shooting he complained about not being able to go to an anime convention because he needed to save the money for mags. that's not a hacky joke, it literally happened.

i'm obsessed with him.

:lmao: I never noticed the 101st patch before, Wikipedia says he was an infantryman but in this pic he looks like the biggest dipshit to ever wear a blue cord. I would love to hear the stories his old unit has to tell about him.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Well he’s courting the pro-crazy abuser crowd with a statement like this so… I guess this tracks

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1557778205293027329

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

AHH F/UGH posted:

What the gently caress Charlie Kirk is 28?

face never grew

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Happy Belated anniversary to this tweet

Very little more can be said about this tweet except "lol"

This and the time he mentioned going into his "wife's bedroom" were extremely deep insight into the world of Ben Shapiro. That and his fiction books, where all the bad guys are described specifically as being short, and the main character and his wife just say "take a bullet for ya, babe" instead of saying they love each other.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/realTuckFrumper/status/1557699616908357632

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

did he rocket jump out of the building?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

KitConstantine posted:

Also wandering around a corn field in summer loving sucks. The leaves slice you up, its full of spiders and bugs, you keep tripping because the ground is rough as hell, it's loving hot in the sun because the corn isn't tall enough for good shade, you get covered in dirt and plant material like instantly, and there's no water.

I knew a guy in my teen years who took a part-time job detasseling corn, thinking it would be an easy gig. He ended up with heat stroke in the hospital before the end of the first day. The evapotranspiration from corn is powerful, and on a hot day the humidity and stillness in the field can jack the heat index into the danger zone even if it is relatively normal conditions on the outside of the field.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

A Fancy Hat posted:

Very little more can be said about this tweet except "lol"

This and the time he mentioned going into his "wife's bedroom" were extremely deep insight into the world of Ben Shapiro. That and his fiction books, where all the bad guys are described specifically as being short, and the main character and his wife just say "take a bullet for ya, babe" instead of saying they love each other.

You're forgetting the best part - the protagonist is 6`3, "a bear of a man", who had a sudden growth spurt senior year of law school high school lol.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shanghaied posted:

You're forgetting the best part - the protagonist is 6`3, "a bear of a man", who had a sudden growth spurt senior year of law school high school lol.

And he had a black friend, only known by his nickname. Who also happened to be a start football player in school.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

He was at January 6th

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1557760910512586752?s=20&t=XR0PwwKbrrxgMFppEAa4CA

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Is Crowder that Change My Mind meme dude or is that someone else?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

trilljester posted:

Is Crowder that Change My Mind meme dude or is that someone else?

Yes

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My favorite someone did.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

A Fancy Hat posted:

where all the bad guys are described specifically as being short

No way

I need to see this quote ASAP

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

AHH F/UGH posted:

What the gently caress Charlie Kirk is 28?

28 months.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/scottadamssays/status/1557710512787320835?s=21&t=50to3oY2GsS1N0WwTxoUrQ

Dilbert is going off the deep end again

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

My fervent hope is that the Trump raid thing forces the Democrats to commit to investigating, prosecuting, and imprisoning all criminal Republicans now because of the sure knowledge that as soon as the Republicans get into power again they'll immediately launch some disproportionately large unjustified night-of-long-knives revenge campaign.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://bipartisanreport.com/2022/08/11/mar-a-lago-surveillance-tapes-obtained-by-justice-department/

In the months leading up to the surprise raid earlier this week by the FBI on former President Donald Trump’s southern Florida property called Mar-a-Lago, the Justice Department subpoenaed and successfully obtained surveillance tapes from the Trump-owned resort.

These details are included in a new report from The New York Times. The FBI raid was conducted in connection to a Justice Department investigation into the handling of government records, including classified materials, from the Trump administration, which authorities evidently suspected might’ve partly remained at Mar-a-Lago. An attachment to the warrant identified classified materials as among items for seizure, assuming agents discovered such items, and Trump lawyer Christina Bobb also confirmed classified materials potentially at Mar-a-Lago were one of the targets. The push for surveillance footage seems likely connected to concerns about who might’ve accessed the classified materials already recovered from Mar-a-Lago at an earlier point.

The Times notes that Trump “would wave things like the North Korean leader’s letters at people, as if they were collectors’ items he was showing off.” Letters from North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un, with whom Trump repeatedly met without much coming of it, were among items originally transported to Mar-a-Lago. Trump once claimed he and Kim “fell in love,” which is certainly strange for a U.S. president to say about themselves and a murderous dictator. A report from The Guardian raises the possibility of a federal counterintelligence investigation into issues related to the Trump administration records taken to Mar-a-Lago, and an official responsible for counterintelligence issues — Jay Bratt, who serves as Chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section (CES) of the National Security Division within the U.S. Justice Department — was among four Justice Department officials who went to Mar-a-Lago in early June for in-person discussions about the transfer of documents out of D.C.

The subpoena for the surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago went out after the June gathering at Mar-a-Lago featuring Bratt and other officials. Per the Times, officials “came to question” in recent weeks whether what Trump’s team was telling them regarding documents Trump already returned to authorities was “entirely accurate.”

Meanwhile, earlier concerns from the National Archives — which recovered over a dozen boxes of federal records from Mar-a-Lago earlier this year and discovered the previously uncovered classified materials, the agency said — were evidently more wide-ranging. “The archivists also discovered that Mr. Trump had not returned several documents that they believed the former president had in his possession,” the Times explains, discussing the agency’s findings after getting that separate, earlier stash. The boxes previously recovered by the National Archives were obtained by the agency from Trump’s team in January.

Agents took what some reporting said was about 10 additional boxes from Mar-a-Lago earlier this week. Previously, the work of a grand jury working on the Trump documents matter was pushed beyond its initial end date. It’s unclear as of this point whether Trump might ever be charged for a crime, and there’s been little public input from federal law enforcement about what happened. Attorney General Merrick Garland hasn’t commented, although House GOP leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) made sure to issue a showy threat of investigating Garland assuming Republicans reclaim the House — which is, generally speaking, exactly what Congress already does in terms of oversight.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"Sir, the raid is complete, the warrant was served correctly, and we are now in the process of sifting through the material we seized."
"Excellent, well done team. Now, has anybody remembered to contact the Dilbert guy?"
"...oh poo poo!"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Counteritelligence doesn't mean making the dumbest motherfucker alive president!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/KaelanDC/status/1557782549891514370?s=20&t=v1cLOLXFIj8TJ-H9jIGZoQ

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Apparently he didn't read that New York Times article where they justified going in on the search warrant due to overwhelming evidence that Trump had classified documents. What further justification does he need? What a loving dilbert.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

bees everywhere posted:

:lmao: I never noticed the 101st patch before, Wikipedia says he was an infantryman but in this pic he looks like the biggest dipshit to ever wear a blue cord. I would love to hear the stories his old unit has to tell about him.

I can't believe that shooting happened in 2019. Feels like a decade ago.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
anxiously awaiting Jim Davis' take on the situation

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Richard Cabeza posted:

Truth is they hate everyone because they’ve been indoctrinated by religion to hate themselves.

If this nation was nothing but white evangelicals, they’d turn on themselves instantly.

Also, don’t worry about the 2028 elections. The playbook to invalidate elections will get refined in 2024.

lol wat is this post

Catholicism is the self-hate one, Evangelicals are the complete opposite, they're all about "IM A SUPER SPECIAL JESUS BOY, NOW I CAN LOOK DOWN MY NOSE SNEERING AT EVERYONE WHO ISNT"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Nooner posted:

anxiously awaiting Jim Davis' take on the situation

Finally a reason to like a Monday!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

:blastu:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Donkey posted:

My fervent hope is that the Trump raid thing forces the Democrats to commit to investigating, prosecuting, and imprisoning all criminal Republicans now because of the sure knowledge that as soon as the Republicans get into power again they'll immediately launch some disproportionately large unjustified night-of-long-knives revenge campaign.

I wouldn't bother with that hope, the revenge campaign has already started and is the core of their political messaging strategy. There's no heading this off.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

gonna announce that the doj has begun considering creating a committee to discuss the possibility of thinking about starting the process to look into filing charges against trump

this is it!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I’m more concerned about the fate of the corn than the shitstain hiding in it. Ohio sucks rear end through a straw, but it has really good corn if you get it fresh.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I will :lol: forever if it turns out Trump was planning to blackmail the US gov't using those classified documents. "If you arrest me, I'll show the world what really happened in _____!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Jr is frantically trying to gas up the trump 757 while it is undergoing maintenance, avgas splashing everywhere

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mobby_6kl posted:

And he had a black friend, only known by his nickname. Who also happened to be a start football player in school.
oh no that was the bad guy! he was big and bad and black and no one knew his real name! also he was the star football player. i don't know what they put on the back of his jersey. i'm assuming he just wore jeans and a t-shirt because he was so big and black and scary.

bees everywhere posted:

so...he joined an organization that emphasizes team work and organization and his plan was to go in alone and wing it?
jesus christ it's worse than the ending of the last spider-man movie ("it's good to be surrounded by friends and family" "yes" *walks away from all his friends and family*)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

Also wandering around a corn field in summer loving sucks. The leaves slice you up, its full of spiders and bugs, you keep tripping because the ground is rough as hell, it's loving hot in the sun because the corn isn't tall enough for good shade, you get covered in dirt and plant material like instantly, and there's no water. The corn, while not tall enough for good shade, is probably taller than him at this point, meaning the dude is probably already completely disoriented and lost. He

That's a big field, and corn is dense. Finding a way out isn't that easy if you don't have a frame of reference or gps. Hopefully his phone dies, he'd be begging for someone to come get him soon after

lol that the FBI goons are dicking around in the mud trying to find a chud before he bleeds out and becomes an Ohio Elemental

just lol all around