Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1557775852036931587

oh yeah, maga now wants to defund the fbi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I am mostly looking for a temporary gig that will help me save money to go back to school since financial aid won't gently caress with me anymore, so right now I'm not looking for a permanent career or anything. Stuff like retirement benefits aren't really what I'm after at the moment. Also I have pretty decent health insurance.

Once I have a college degree then yeah, I'm gonna want a long-term career, but right now my primary concern is just to make money.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

oh yeah, maga now wants to defund the fbi

I mean of all the things they could be doing, that's like the least bad.

Also allegedly this guy was arrested at Jan 6th, so giving baby sentences to those guys already paying dividends it looks like

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm not happy about the way they got here, but I'm happy there's more people who loving hate cops.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Blue Lives Matter, except for the ones that personally offend me yes I know that there's plenty of Blue Lives dummies who actually hate cops in practice

Amy Pole Her posted:

So much of this in corporate America. Heard it regularly with folks who were retiring - they “banked” too much PTO and oh ho ho they can only get paid on 80 hours max while some folks had carried over nearly a thousand hours over the year and oh they gave me the gladiator award! How nice!

Like 70 days worth of your life just stolen for free cmon man

Being in PhD programs with the expectation of working 70-80 hours a week including weekends hosed both my wife and me up with regards to taking vacation. I think the last vacation we took that didn't involve family or a three-day weekend was in 2017, and we even worked the first day we were there as a favor to one of her colleagues (organized a small conference in Hawaii and we agreed to both do presentations). We had a couple of travel plans since 2020 that naturally got wrecked by COVID.

Also don't do a STEM PhD unless you know it's a hard requirement for your desired career path, any other track can be achieved with the right combination of work experience.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 11, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Blue Lives Matter, except for the ones that personally offend me yes I know that there's plenty of Blue Lives dummies who actually hate cops in practice

A massive part of redneck culture is hating and running from the cops and welp

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It will probably be nothing but

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Maybe not :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

What are the odds the words “bitchass punk” are used?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I. M. Gei posted:

I am mostly looking for a temporary gig that will help me save money to go back to school since financial aid won't gently caress with me anymore, so right now I'm not looking for a permanent career or anything. Stuff like retirement benefits aren't really what I'm after at the moment. Also I have pretty decent health insurance.

Once I have a college degree then yeah, I'm gonna want a long-term career, but right now my primary concern is just to make money.

what are your skills?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I'd like to personally apologize to Donald Trump...

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I can’t shake the feeling it’s going to be some poo poo like that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

gently caress, you’re right lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My lender pushed me to do some SmartLoan certification thing and I was like k whatever I guess, but now she just texted me that I’m getting an additional $1,250 credit on closing for completing it :toot:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

My lender pushed me to do some SmartLoan certification thing and I was like k whatever I guess, but now she just texted me that I’m getting an additional $1,250 credit on closing for completing it :toot:

Hell yeah that’s the good kind of closing surprise

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EmbryoSteve posted:

what are your skills?

uhhhhh...... showing up on time, driving a car...

... poo poo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Also don't do a STEM PhD unless you want to go into academia, any other job that claims to require one can be obtained with the right combination of work experience.

Ph.D. programs are often hell and not worth it, but, there are absolutely jobs that you just will not get a foot in the door without a PhD at various national labs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sitting in a meeting discussing moving from our current system to manage hospital tasks to some salesforce thing.

We've used our current system for literally 40 years.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Sitting in a meeting discussing moving from our current system to manage hospital tasks to some salesforce thing.

feels like a 10-year project that never actually finishes but some small part lives in salesforce at the end and management can declare success.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love this content

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

which EHR are y'all looking at?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

which EHR are y'all looking at?

I work for one of 'em, but as Qwijib0 said, they've just been desperate to upgrade from this 40 year old proprietary task system that was designed in the 80's.

I don't hate hate it, but I guess being able to easily search our task system would be nice. :v:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Watch this space

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1557112809132945408

Current status:

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1557790148435140609

Nov 6, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1557526452177739776

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pmchem posted:

Ph.D. programs are often hell and not worth it, but, there are absolutely jobs that you just will not get a foot in the door without a PhD at various national labs.

That's fair, revising my statement to "don't do a PhD unless you're certain your target career requires one".

One of my better friends when I dropped out of my program ended up finishing his, got a postdoc with the #1 researcher in the world for his field, and AFAICT now runs an organic farm with his wife and is completely out of the field. I haven't talked to him in years but I've always been curious about what happened there.

Qwijib0 posted:

feels like a 10-year project that never actually finishes but some small part lives in salesforce at the end and management can declare success.

We've been working on a transition to SAP here ever since I started and it's been 6-12 months away from go-live the whole time. Coming up on my third work anniversary. It's the "free beer tomorrow!" of work projects.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Skwirl posted:

I'm not happy about the way they got here, but I'm happy there's more people who loving hate cops.

Chuds don't hate cops, they hate that cops can occasionally arrest them too.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1557557745410252802?s=20&t=-ypuOaTyTIZplFaUx2-ZtA

Gat dang Beto

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I have no issue with doing it, but part of me thinks that was a plant.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Qwijib0 posted:

feels like a 10-year project that never actually finishes

much like my college! :haw:

:smith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Guze posted:

Chuds don't hate cops, they hate that cops can occasionally arrest them too.

I know, but it's just funny to me to think about people having to reconcile their thin blue line bumper stickers and Tump getting raided by feds.

Nov 6, 2002

So Garland just says he personally approved the search and has asked for the warrant and property receipts to be unsealed so that the public knows what they were after and what they found.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Skwirl posted:

I have no issue with doing it, but part of me thinks that was a plant.

I don't think it was a plant, but I also don't think that was the first time that guy had been laughing to be disruptive, so Beto just picked the most effective time to do it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is p. cool

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1557805004450308097

So Garland just says he personally approved the search and has asked for the warrant and property receipts to be unsealed so that the public knows what they were after and what they found.

Yeah, it's pretty funny, but the whole point of RWM going so hard on it immediately is they'll just scream FAKE NEWS about everything about this.

Still funny though that it's a loving subpoena from 4 months ago

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just looking for someone to throw their child in front of a moving car. What could go wrong?

Nov 6, 2002

I really, really hope it's critical intel related to Russia.

And by intel I mean the piss tape.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's pretty funny, but the whole point of RWM going so hard on it immediately is they'll just scream FAKE NEWS about everything about this.

Still funny though that it's a loving subpoena from 4 months ago

it seems like everyone on the right does this - the whole default judgement for alex jones - ignores lawful court orders and winds up with unprecedented actions being taken agains them and then cries foul/set up.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

absent opposition from trump's legal team-- who has a copy already and could have released it. So either it gets made public, or it is now only trump not the DOJ trying to keep it private.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think I’m going to try and buy furniture this weekend.

Good ‘ole IKEA :)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

*walks awkwardly up to a mother and child on the street* "Hi ma'am, I'm looking for fine young children like yours to get in front of my large death machine to make sure it doesn't hurt kid- Wait where are you goi- WHY ARE YOU CALLING THE COPS!?"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

For $50,000 I will get in front of that car and lick* the hubcaps clean.

* once. Every time after that is $10K extra.

And for $50K I'll get in front of the car UP TO** eight times. After that is another $10K per go. And I WILL sue for injuries.

** Note that "UP TO" includes "possibly zero"

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/nazani14/status/1557815023300395009