Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

people are posting about how if your character is male and you're sad you don't have the female summer bottoms, you can use the rathalos [F] bottoms

do people not know about the coeurl briefs??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maybe they don’t like leopard print?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
don't like... leopard print? :confused:

(I have been trying to figure out how to steal Trachtoum's look since I first saw him. I think he's wearing Militia DoW gear and... CUL gloves? :confused: )

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dareon posted:

don't like... leopard print? :confused:

(I have been trying to figure out how to steal Trachtoum's look since I first saw him. I think he's wearing Militia DoW gear and... CUL gloves? :confused: )

Hopefully this link works.

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/#npc/1006264

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dareon posted:

Straw Hat, Militia Harness (dyed Othard Blue), Leather Mitts (dyed Woad Blue), Dated Sheepskin Subligar (Brown) (dyed Raptor Blue), and Leather Boots (dyed Storm Blue).
Unfortunately, Dated Sheepskin Subligar (Brown) is 1.0 apparel, which you could only have in your inventory if you had it from before ARR - it can't be crafted, bought, traded, or anything. Hard Leather Subligar uses the same model but has different colors (yellow instead of the brown on Trachtoum's), Star-Spangled Subligar also uses the model but can't be dyed. The rest of the Subligar has extra legging material.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There's also the Level 40 fishing quest reward.

Also a little detail I like about the Faire this year is they talk about the new path with the bombs as an extra special challenge but it's actually way easier? Minimal platforming, just "if the bombs are about to explode don't go near them." Like there's a little challenge but it's much more reasonable.

(Not bothering with the pegs, just doing the quest and getting the reward is enough for me.)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My retainer brought me a desk, so I went to go put it in my criminally under-decorated FC house.

I think we need taller staff.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dareon posted:

My retainer brought me a desk, so I went to go put it in my criminally under-decorated FC house.

When friends were helping design my in-character shop, we starting running into the opposite problem, because my shopkeep attendant of choice was an Ananta. Which was absolutely the correct choice in terms of recognizability, I've had people say they only remember they've been there before when they come in and see her, but I believe she's literally taller than every playable race but male roe, so it was kinda hard to design the space around her.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Dareon posted:

It's pretty easy to glitch them onto a stepstool or the like, it's one of the glitches that doesn't require precise timing or anything. Look for the "Oriental Round Table retainer glitch" or something like that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Counterargument: its perfect, don't glitch anything.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Platforming tip: target yourself (F1 on keyboard, no idea on controller). The target circle at your feet is exactly your collision box; you can have your WoL 'walk out' of a ledge and have them floating in midair as long as the tiniest sliver of the circle is touching the platform you're on. Real good for corner jumps (except the third corner pillar one, you'll overshoot that one and fall all the way to the bottom).

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

1stGear posted:

If your Namazu isn't struggling to look over the desk/counter/coffee table, you're not placing your Namazu right.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

1stGear posted:

Option: Get one of the vases for 5000g from the housing vendor and place the Namazu inside it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yes yes, protect the namazu from the Au Ra.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

Oh yes yes, protect the namazu from the Au Ra.

But fried catfish is so good…

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sharing my discretionary spending here.
https://twitter.com/UaLaoghaire/status/1557843942116311044

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

lol

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I think that was worth $70.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://twitter.com/Krael8/status/1557659686471712768

Over on Famfrit it's currently Surface Pressure from Encanto, I was going to do some Van Halen before raid (because it's an easy to learn 11-note riff)

Edit: ...oh, the one here is just a bot going through a playlist of Disney songs. That's a lot less interesting.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 12, 2022

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

:five:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
People talk about shield and regen healers as the two styles of healer. It seems to me there are also two styles of tank: the "gauge" tanks WAR and DRK who have immortality CDs, maintain a constant 10% buff, don't DoT, and otherwise mostly follow a discretionary resource building and spending pattern with their attacks, and the "rotation" tanks PLD and GNB who have invulnerability CDs, personal burst window creation skills, DoTs to go with em, and generally press most of their attack buttons in a regular sequence.

I don't know how recognizing this aids analysis at all but I was thinking about it.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

SuperKlaus posted:

People talk about shield and regen healers as the two styles of healer. It seems to me there are also two styles of tank: the "gauge" tanks WAR and DRK who have immortality CDs, maintain a constant 10% buff, don't DoT, and otherwise mostly follow a discretionary resource building and spending pattern with their attacks, and the "rotation" tanks PLD and GNB who have invulnerability CDs, personal burst window creation skills, DoTs to go with em, and generally press most of their attack buttons in a regular sequence.

I don't know how recognizing this aids analysis at all but I was thinking about it.

I dunno if it's changed but WAR and DRK were preferable main tanks versus PLD and GNB not too long ago.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

with drk it is very double weave everything every two minutes

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

super-redguy posted:

I dunno if it's changed but WAR and DRK were preferable main tanks versus PLD and GNB not too long ago.

IIRC this was due to WAR and DRK invlun cooldown timings allowing them to negate certain mechanics that'd otherwise force a tank swap. I think WAR was a special case for self-heals during trash pulls, but normal 4-person duties are tuned low enough that setting a meta by them seems a bit pointless.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Now that you mention it Bloodwhetting being busted for stuff that doesn't matter, I wonder if WAR is gonna be imba for criterion dungeons where it might

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Warmachine posted:

IIRC this was due to WAR and DRK invlun cooldown timings allowing them to negate certain mechanics that'd otherwise force a tank swap. I think WAR was a special case for self-heals during trash pulls, but normal 4-person duties are tuned low enough that setting a meta by them seems a bit pointless.

Yeah, with a good WAR tank, my static can 1 tank/1 heal the EX2 fight.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Chillgamesh posted:

Now that you mention it Bloodwhetting being busted for stuff that doesn't matter, I wonder if WAR is gonna be imba for criterion dungeons where it might

god I fucken hope so

e: seriously I hope they drop waves of trash mobs right into the middle of boss fights

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

jesus christ :aloom:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

It's certainly pretty busted for Eureka zones. I find it difficult to justify playing other tanks there, especially when there's no guarantee your group will have any healers.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

SuperKlaus posted:

I just categorize DRK and GNB as the dps tanks and PLD and WAR as the less DPS inclined tanks.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i think drk's opener is one of if not the heaviest hitting burst phases in the game currently? i know i've had dancers partner me in savage fights :v:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

live letter tomorrow
whats everyone looking forward to
raid preview? blu 80 (pray...)? more criterion collection information?

Do you think they'll have an awkward segment alluding the billboard begging people to not do that again?
What about the upspike in in cheating mods around DSR. Although unlike when they talked about Paisley Park making them change waymarkers, I'm not sure they can really do anything about this kind. Not even the automarker one

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think hitting a boss with seven Fell Cleaves in a row may be the most fun you can have pressing one button over and over

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RME posted:

Although unlike when they talked about Paisley Park making them change waymarkers, I'm not sure they can really do anything about this kind. Not even the automarker one

They can't without implementing invasive anticheat, and that's a nuclear option they'd prefer to avoid. I think the likeliest scenario is that they don't mention it further beyond their somewhat vague allusion earlier in the year, and then quietly contact world first contenders and make it clear that there'll be rigid enforcement of the rules this time around, probably with a requirement for screen captures from every member of the group and recorded audio to authenticate world firsts officially. That won't stop people from using it for non-WR clears, but it'll at least stuff it down and hopefully make it more verboten in the community.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

I think hitting a boss with seven Fell Cleaves in a row may be the most fun you can have pressing one button over and over

Mashing out a bunch of Fire IVs with Ley Lines and triplecast letting you do so before your timers start dropping feels even better.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I'd seen this clip before, but I'm only now noticing they also edited the model for Thordan's sword.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

RME posted:

What about the upspike in in cheating mods around DSR. Although unlike when they talked about Paisley Park making them change waymarkers, I'm not sure they can really do anything about this kind. Not even the automarker one

Anyone caught cheating get's their login screen permanently replaced with that "YOU WIN" gif that Wildstar used.

It's also an NFT which they now have the shame of owning.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RME posted:

live letter tomorrow
whats everyone looking forward to
raid preview? blu 80 (pray...)? more criterion collection information?

It's weird, but I think I'm looking forward to them showing a grab bag of new mounts and minions this time. There's a uniquely weird lineup of content this patch where I don't think they'll show anything that directly explains any lingering enigmas, but a bunch of them could introduce some WILD mounts and minions.

There's a chance they'll show some new relic weapons, too, which would be good since we don't really know what aesthetic to expect.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

I'd seen this clip before, but I'm only now noticing they also edited the model for Thordan's sword.

yeah the fact that it includes a yaoi paddle mod cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love that they have all those cheating mods and still wipe