Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Vlaphor posted:

Not very "album" like, but I do dig the blinged out rabbits.

The original prompt was for a blinged out tank, since I wanted to use AI to recreate No Limit album covers, but it never added a tank.

tried this in stable diffusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Rap Rob, the rapping rabbit with the massive tongue piercing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"John Goodman swimming in the ocean depths, cosmic horror painting, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed" -H 704 -C 10.0 -n 9 -s 150

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AARD VARKMAN posted:

"John Goodman swimming in the ocean depths, cosmic horror painting, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed" -H 704 -C 10.0 -n 9 -s 150

Nice! I like your string and modified it to bring some new visions of the GOAT Robin Williams:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Kylaer posted:

And then I tried a power metal album cover featuring a moai statue

There's something very special about the way the text gets generated. It has the same sort of flavor as weird pseudo-english slogans on aliexpress tshirts. My favorite was the Mad Max one many pages ago that came back as "Maxx Max de Mad".

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Someone do a Frank Frazetta of Frank Zappa

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nice! I like your string and modified it to bring some new visions of the GOAT Robin Williams:

I stole most of the string from someone else, and in turn I've watched several people start using it after me in my channel :patriot: it's a beautiful system. Also someone, unprompted, PMed me on discord to explain why I was getting an error, which was cool - I'm turning around on the discord thing, I learn so much just watching other prompts.

Here's a few more using the same general style prompt.

Dobby in Escape From Tarkov

a fat angry man from Arkansas wallowing in a mud pit

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Vlaphor posted:

Not very "album" like, but I do dig the blinged out rabbits.

The original prompt was for a blinged out tank, since I wanted to use AI to recreate No Limit album covers, but it never added a tank.
Had to also try this out in StableDiffusion, it became more like album cover-like

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
This just got linked on the SD discord

https://twitter.com/pess_r/status/1557517982095626241?t=5BtUZss9yxIQN45DXJDucw&s=19

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

VectorSigma posted:

Someone do a Frank Frazetta of Frank Zappa
Here you go

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Dang, even just changing the artist to Syd Mead gives some great results. Loving this string.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Stubb Dogg posted:

Here you go

These are awesome.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Dang, even just changing the artist to Syd Mead gives some great results. Loving this string.

I just came here to post some syd mead vehicle concepts and saw your post :v:

I was inspired to try him out because I was watching light & magic and they showed some of his work

concept art for a car with interior fire pit, illustrated by syd mead, high quality

concept art for a car with flamethrowers, illustrated by syd mead, high quality

concept art for a car that releases clouds of poisonous gas, illustrated by syd mead, high quality

concept art for bus helicopter, illustrated by syd mead, high quality

concept art for a car with a side car, illustrated by syd mead, high quality

that wasn't really what I was looking for, but I enjoyed the tiny cars so I tried to purposely create more

concept art for a tiny car, illustrated by syd mead, high quality

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Stubb Dogg posted:

Here you go

Which generator is this? These are amazing. I spent :20bux: on DallE but once that runs out I'd like to give this one a try.

Hobnob posted:

There's something very special about the way the text gets generated. It has the same sort of flavor as weird pseudo-english slogans on aliexpress tshirts. My favorite was the Mad Max one many pages ago that came back as "Maxx Max de Mad".

I don't know how it's actually programmed, but my guess is that it's something like the AI recognizes that text should go in certain places on images, such as an album cover or movie poster, but doesn't actually understand text or language, so it uses gibberish drawn from the prompt.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Kylaer posted:

Which generator is this? These are amazing. I spent :20bux: on DallE but once that runs out I'd like to give this one a try.
Stability.ai's's StableDiffusion, exact prompt was
code:
"portrait of frank zappa wearing armor and holding sword by frank fazetta, fantasy, barbarian " -n 9 -g -S 1542630951
in case someone wants to iterate on it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kylaer posted:

I don't know how it's actually programmed, but my guess is that it's something like the AI recognizes that text should go in certain places on images, such as an album cover or movie poster, but doesn't actually understand text or language, so it uses gibberish drawn from the prompt.

it's not complete gibberish though, it feels like it has some twisted understanding of language. I think it has seen pictures in French/German/Spanish/whatever and does not understand that these are seperate languages. It's made up its own language out of a combination.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Rutibex posted:

it's not complete gibberish though, it feels like it has some twisted understanding of language. I think it has seen pictures in French/German/Spanish/whatever and does not understand that these are seperate languages. It's made up its own language out of a combination.

I'm completely out of my depth and have no idea how it actually works, I'm just making guesses based on what keeps popping up in pictures. Maybe it did train on a bunch of languages simultaneously without understanding that they're distinct, it's certainly plausible.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I feel like the languange parsing is getting better over time. When these programs were first being used by the wider public a few weeks ago, text was squiggles. Then it was heiroglyphics. Now actual text is starting to show up, even if the letters are scrambled. And last night I saw more than a few images that had snippets of actually readable text.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I feel like the languange parsing is getting better over time. When these programs were first being used by the wider public a few weeks ago, text was squiggles. Then it was heiroglyphics. Now actual text is starting to show up, even if the letters are scrambled. And last night I saw more than a few images that had snippets of actually readable text.

The different models have different skills on handling text. Dall-E 2 has always been bad with misspelled words (but legible letters for the most part), but only Google's Imagen can do proper words (in the hand picked samples they got at least) I guess the change you're seeing is just that more people have access to D2 and Stable Diffusion now, so you don't see that many Craiyon images anymore

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I got Dall E 2 access and blew through my free prompts instantly. Here are some of the highlights.

"the normandy from mass effect in the style of De Stijl"

"bauhaus painting of a playstation"

"Synthwave album cover with an astronaut using a modular synthesizer in front of a space shuttle"

"A heavy metal album cover featuring fuzzy pink bears holding guitars in front of abandoned skyscrapers"

"Art Deco style advertisement for a Mexican video game console from the 1960s"

"Detailed watercolor painting of macho man body slamming a t-rex with a garish frame"

"Pop art poster of a sail boat floating in the rings of Saturn in bright colors with bubbly text that says if you’re here you’re family"

"A t-Rex wearing an astronaut helmet with huge muscular arms, rendered on a t-shirt worn by Sylvester Stallone in the ‘80s"

"A trendy 1980s computer magazine cover with a neon space cyborg on the cover serving tea to the king of space"

"A low poly render of a crime on the moon, while angry faces look down, in pop art neon colors with pink highlights"

"An advertisement for a cartridge for a Russian game console from the 1980s, pop art style with bright colors and groovy lettering"

"A Magic the gathering card with an astronaut on it, watercolor painting in Victorian style"

The top left one here is my favorite that's been generated

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Doing some alien motherships today with the same style prompt as yesterday with minor adjustments

Sheep mothership

Cheeseburger mothership

Pawn Stars mothership

last prompt was
!dream "pawn stars alien mothership, cosmic horror painting, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed" -W 704 -C 10.0 -n 9

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm glad a lot of people are getting having things on Discord can be very good just for seeing the wild poo poo people are putting in strings and what they are getting out.

This is why I made myself a spreadsheet of interesting prompts I've found in MJ, SD, and here.

I advise you just copy the image, dump it into google spreadsheet and then paste the prompt.

One other thing you all need to keep in mind that SD lets you do and no others it is keep track of the seed. It is amazingly powerful. It lets keep that that specific version of Robin Williams (usually) unless you change the string too much.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Wow Dall-e-2 is so poo poo at anything it treats as a painting, it's like it pulled its dataset from lovely etsy and soccermom has a new hobby sites

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

What about adding something about the brush strokes and matte finish?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Testing to see how obscure a "celeb" SD might be able to conjure, it completely didn't understand referencing a Twitch Streamer (a guy at that), but it turned out something cool nonetheless.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

pixaal posted:

What about adding something about the brush strokes and matte finish?

I tested out a prompt and specified it was an oil painting with heavy impasto, and seemed to render that pretty well:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Chainclaw posted:

"bauhaus painting of a playstation"

Chainclaw posted:

"An advertisement for a cartridge for a Russian game console from the 1980s, pop art style with bright colors and groovy lettering"

You might have mixed up your images there...?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Stubb Dogg posted:

Here you go

holy poo poo. yeah, can't wait until i get beta access.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

crowd surfing at the Warped Tour 2003

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 12, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

"Glenn Danzig dressed as a Powepuff Girl"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Will Ferrell has some chili for you, you WILL try it.

I tried the chili.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Will Ferrell has some chili for you, you WILL try it.

I tried the chili.

gotta fight back

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

while i wait for SD beta access, I'm getting a feel for this sort of thing with Dall-E mini

lmao

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tunicate posted:

gotta fight back

Hah! I saw your stream of Ferrell chili images on the discord, and check it, SD cribbing from itself:

An earlier image from my generation:

One from yours:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hah! I saw your stream of Ferrell chili images on the discord, and check it, SD cribbing from itself:

An earlier image from my generation:

One from yours:

I used teh same seed so it makes sense

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Does anyone know how to get good videogame stuff out of Stable Diffusion? One of my favourite prompts in Craiyon is "x for the Nintendo 64". It does a real good job of nailing the muddy look of a late 90s 3d platformer and a decent enough job of adding iconography of other things into that style. Stable Diffusion can do good pixel art stuff but that's about it.

I found out it can do really good Minecraft scenes, but it's dogshit at incorporating outside elements into those scenes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Stable Diffusion is way good at making any number of covers for various cheap paperback books from the past

making comics or visual novels I might want to read

showing me vehicles that have never existed, in places that won't ever exist competing in races that never happened

or making various nightmares of mine come true

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Beartaco posted:

Does anyone know how to get good videogame stuff out of Stable Diffusion? One of my favourite prompts in Craiyon is "x for the Nintendo 64". It does a real good job of nailing the muddy look of a late 90s 3d platformer and a decent enough job of adding iconography of other things into that style. Stable Diffusion can do good pixel art stuff but that's about it.

I found out it can do really good Minecraft scenes, but it's dogshit at incorporating outside elements into those scenes.

I just tried it out and had pretty good luck, maybe you need to work on how you write your prompts?

you might also try adding the -C variable to your prompt and test it at different levels going up to about 40

here's some stuff I generated testing this

back to the future delorean, Mario Kart 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 15 -n 9 -s 150

Mad Max Racing, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 20 -n 9 -s 150

Danny Devito punching penguins, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 15 -n 9 -s 150

-C 25

-C 7 (default)

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 20 -n 9 -s 150

Breaking Bad, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 15 -n 9 -s 150

the stuff does come out a little clean, but I think going for higher -C values than I did might bring more of the muddiness and aliasing in

the one I did at -C 25 seems to have more of it

TIP fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 12, 2022

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

KakerMix posted:

or making various nightmares of mine come true
Those are all good, but drat it went extra hard on that skeleton astronaut. Very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

TIP posted:

I just tried it out and had pretty good luck, maybe you need to work on how you write your prompts?

you might also try adding the -C variable to your prompt and test it at different levels going up to about 40

here's some stuff I generated testing this

back to the future delorean, Mario Kart 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 15 -n 9 -s 150

Mad Max Racing, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 20 -n 9 -s 150

Danny Devito punching penguins, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 15 -n 9 -s 150

-C 25

-C 7 (default)

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 20 -n 9 -s 150

Breaking Bad, Nintendo 64 screenshot, low poly, aliased -C 15 -n 9 -s 150
the stuff does come out a little clean, but I think going for higher -C values than I did might bring more of the muddiness and aliasing in

the one I did at -C 25 seems to have more of it

These are great, thank you! "Low poly" is a good call. I haven't looked into what the options do yet.