Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i know everyone is on that xbc3 wave right now but i'm playing through xbc definitive edition and it's a god drat blast. riki owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i know everyone is on that xbc3 wave right now but i'm playing through xbc definitive edition and it's a god drat blast. riki owns

i started 1 last night lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

I got back into it a few days ago and yeah it kicks rear end. I had to re-adjust to the combat since I hadn't played it in like a year lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I gotta start XBC3 soon. I'm still finishing up Live A Live and replaying old Final Fantasy games and also playing Monster Hunter

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got back into it a few days ago and yeah it kicks rear end. I had to re-adjust to the combat since I hadn't played it in like a year lol

i picked it up in february but fell off at the 30 hour mark to play other games, finally picked it back up and have put 30 more hours in over the past week and a half

it's great that every party member is fun to play as. maybe not sharla as much, but it's still chill to switch to a healer sometimes

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

XBC1 only has one issue I came across where a certain boss requires use of a specific character that I had not leveled up at all prior to that fight.

The good thing is grinding basically is non-existent otherwise and the game actually respects your time.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1555615359318855681?s=21&t=7I2AkngfRLxQ8vvNe1LbTg

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

atoning for this one's gonna be easy

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

atoning for this one's gonna be easy

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 5, 2022

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
come home to a 2dsxl on the porch, retroid pocket 3 on preorder, baby i'm about to wish i had four hands

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

come home to a 2dsxl on the porch, retroid pocket 3 on preorder, baby i'm about to wish i had four hands

2ds ftw, what're you going to play first? Strong recommend for smt iv or strange journey redux

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Also I'm approaching 100 hours in xenoblade 2 lol. I have torna and 3 ready to go but I just keep doing more sidequests :frogbon:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell yeah. Just keep your doors locked

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

sourdough posted:

2ds ftw, what're you going to play first? Strong recommend for smt iv or strange journey redux

i hadn't thought that far ahead lol. just saw a good deal in SA mart. i've got a friend who's been wanting to try some co-op monster hunter and i'm obsessed with rise so i might start there

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

sourdough posted:

Also I'm approaching 100 hours in xenoblade 2 lol. I have torna and 3 ready to go but I just keep doing more sidequests :frogbon:

ya i have 96 hrs in xenoblade 1 right now. i think i'm towards the end, but i wanna do end game stuff too. not sure if the extra story content in the definitive edition is worth doing tho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ya i have 96 hrs in xenoblade 1 right now. i think i'm towards the end, but i wanna do end game stuff too. not sure if the extra story content in the definitive edition is worth doing tho

yes

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Torna and Future Connected are fully fleshed out experiences and own hard

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

got live a live because i forgot i hd some exchange credit and drat it still pwns. only finished fight chapter because 1) it's shortest 2) it sucks, pumped for next chapter. thinkin caveman next so i can split up the long chapters

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

forgot, i did get lucky nd jackie used worldbreaker's wrath almost immediately so i got all moves very easily, used each one at least 1x against the last boss and beat him with worldbreaker's wrath. felt pretty cool

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Live A Live is great

Imperial China was my favorite chapter I think.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

imperial china, bakumatsu, and old west pwn, space is cool but kind of a pain in the rear end, cavement is cool but a bit long, nd then near future is whatever apart from the final boss fight which rules and fighting obviously sucks but its short. everythin from chapter 8 on thoroughly kicks rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its also fully badass how much hidden poo poo there is in every chapter lol, even the short ones have like small extras or somethin to find if you're paying attention and the long ones all have tons of optional bosses or extra gear

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Sleng Teng posted:

Torna and Future Connected are fully fleshed out experiences and own hard

very well

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

its also fully badass how much hidden poo poo there is in every chapter lol, even the short ones have like small extras or somethin to find if you're paying attention and the long ones all have tons of optional bosses or extra gear

it's so good, beating the optional bosses in the Japan chapter was sick.

And yeah the medieval chapter and final chapter were great. It was really fun to get to make different party combos from all of my other main characters and do optional dungeons with them

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

please report back on the retroid 3 after it shows up. i've got an anbernic 351m and it owns but i had to get a controller grip for it because it got too uncomfortable to play after more than like 40 mins at a time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just got an Anbernic RG351MP and it’s great but I’m thinking about the Retroid Pocket 3 lol.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i'll for sure post about it. i like my pocket 2, it's a little smaller than i'd like but the build quality is fantastic and i never got any cramps after a few hours. i was so pumped about hte pocket 3 that i preordered it as soon as i finished reading the email announcing it.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

you guys were right, future connected is awesome. i love all the nopons following me everywhere

just gets me hype for xenoblade chronicles 2 and 3, but i don't know if i'll burn out playing them back to back

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

everyone should have a 2DSXL

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

everyone should have a 2DSXL

so buy me one

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006