Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Yeah, the Live shows have been atringer than anything they've released in a while. I hope that energy makes it's way back into the recordings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Marriage is all about compromise. I think the lady with the wedding cake sword question should compromise with her husband by setting the cake up ahead of time, maybe with wires or something, so he can just quickly take his sword out of and back into its sheathe and then the cake falls apart on its own.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Live shows are the best, nothing like having a crowd whooping and laughing to elevate the jokes

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I wanted to cut the cake with a chainsaw when I got married but I was talked out of it.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Clint, Travis and Justin did an Um Actually episode. Only a few minutes in but it seems fine so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76cIF9sCshI

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I wanted to cut the cake with a chainsaw when I got married but I was talked out of it.

significant danger that you might :sever:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I normally dislike the live MBMBAM but these last two were full of actual jokes and moments where one of them made another break down completely and also some bullying of question askers

good stuff

Jabbing with/at question askers always produces some of my favorite moments like the fettucine or sock store bits.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I didn't remember the latter so I googled it and apparently there were two live shows where the best question of the night was about sock crimes, two years apart

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I fell off of Ethersea right around the Auction (I was enjoying it but couldn’t keep up with it going weekly and lost track) and have been going to sleep at night relistening to Balance. I woke up the other night to find my podcast player cued up a recent Ethersea episode, and I listened just long enough to hear Clint attempt to cast a spell he didn’t know. I love him so much.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The best Clint moment this season was him activating the ship self destruct, jumping out the airlock, and then... after it blew up... trying to backtrack and say it was only a bluff

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This most recent live MBMBAM is a banger but I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned the person who wants to be a pilot but is scared of heights. How does that happen?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

C-Euro posted:

This most recent live MBMBAM is a banger but I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned the person who wants to be a pilot but is scared of heights. How does that happen?

I'm also scared of heights, but planes don't bother me. Even going up in a Cessna with a friend who has a pilot's license was totally fine for me: I was worried beforehand and it just wasn't a problem.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I'm personally terrified of heights if there's anywhere I could actually physically reach the expanse of air that I could fall down, but if I'm inside something I'm fine. Inside a skyscraper? No problem. Open a window that I could fit through and I nope the gently caress out.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The short interlude in Rude Tales where:

Branson has the characters play witch hunters for an hour, fleshing out their backstories and forging friendships, only to have the regular PCs come blazing in, controlled by Branson, and immediately murder the witcher hunter PCs, while spouting off catchphrases.

Oh my god that is incredible

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

My favourite part in that Rude Tales bit was Branson's impression of Tim describing a series of flips and acrobatic moves in great detail and then interrupting himself to say "can I do this?" Absolutely destroyed me.

Also the punchline about rolling a 3 on his acrobatics check for a total of 25.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

stromboni posted:

Oh my god that is incredible

That's just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to incredible things in Rude Tales of Magic.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to incredible things in Rude Tales of Magic.

“hey McElroy fan, check out this way better podcast” sends Cum Town link

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ok Comboomer posted:

“hey McElroy fan, check out this way better podcast” sends Uhh Yeah Dude link

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am now going to find spooky looking dolls to sell on ebay in the hopes that the mcelroys will inflate their price for me

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Find 3 boy dolls and name them Justin, Travis, and Griffin.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
TIL that one of the tests for brain death is called the "doll test" where you move the head around and see how the pupils move.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I fell off TAZ pretty hard but the latest live episode is great

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Shinjobi posted:

I am now going to find spooky looking dolls to sell on ebay in the hopes that the mcelroys will inflate their price for me

I was actually thinking during the latest episode that surely someone on ebay is writing doll descriptions aimed at them

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The McElorys are trapped by their fans, especially when it comes to TAZ. And by fans, I mean those kind of fans.

The cosplaying, uwu, "you're going to be great" Tumblr fans. They're a huge part of the fanbase and the McElory's success.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Piell posted:

I was actually thinking during the latest episode that surely someone on ebay is writing doll descriptions aimed at them

they are

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I don’t mind the live episodes but I’m getting tired of Haunted Doll Watch where clearly a big part of it is seeing the pictures.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Harriet Carker posted:

I don’t mind the live episodes but I’m getting tired of Haunted Doll Watch where clearly a big part of it is seeing the pictures.

Yeah having a guessing game where you can't see the dolls was just deadweight

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Dolls: https://imgur.com/a/DBusqNk

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The McElorys are trapped by their fans, especially when it comes to TAZ. And by fans, I mean those kind of fans.

The cosplaying, uwu, "you're going to be great" Tumblr fans. They're a huge part of the fanbase and the McElory's success.

Man, I haven’t seen the Tumblr boogeyman in a minute. I mean you’re not wrong, but I haven’t seen that old chestnut trotted out in a while. I don’t blame them, the diehards are the ones buying the books and they’ve hitched their wagons to that group of horses.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No thank you I'll stick to audio only McElroys

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

lol

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So that tweet is why people kept bringing up Travis in a discord. This is dumb. Like, Bob Odenkirk foot Instagram follow dumb.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

So that tweet is why people kept bringing up Travis in a discord. This is dumb. Like, Bob Odenkirk foot Instagram follow dumb.

lol what

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

Man, I haven’t seen the Tumblr boogeyman in a minute. I mean you’re not wrong, but I haven’t seen that old chestnut trotted out in a while. I don’t blame them, the diehards are the ones buying the books and they’ve hitched their wagons to that group of horses.

I feel there's a link between maintaining listenership and the direction Griffin feels he needs to take things in to recapture that magic, is all. Like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bob Odenkirk followed a foot fetish Instagram and as a result he trended on Twitter and discord for a few days. Not especially newsworthy but almost inescapable

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

let that man enjoy his feet. he has earned it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Travis is gassing up one of his friends. He's not harassing anybody. For once, he's not the weirdo

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
how dare Travis get corny on main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sivart13 posted:

how dare Travis get corny on main