Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Pierzak posted:

Game B: Possibly Neo-Geo?, player characters were robots and could swap body parts (arms, legs for tracks, etc.) during the game, by salvaging them from killed enemies etc.

Armored Warriors? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0RwBJPtEGw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

moller posted:

Sounds like Cyborg Justice for the Megadrive?
Especially if you remember an early level that had a loving bullshit jump

Used to play it with my cousin on Sega Genesis, it was always a lot of fun but level 2 or so you couldn't get past without losing lives unless you had the jump legs or some trick we never figured out as kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPRXv-e9IE

~5:19, but the player has the pneumatic legs

stringless fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 4, 2022

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

THE BAR posted:

Captain Commando.
Yes they were these, thanks.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

FFT posted:

Especially if you remember an early level that had a loving bullshit jump

Used to play it with my cousin on Sega Genesis, it was always a lot of fun but level 2 or so you couldn't get past without losing lives unless you had the jump legs or some trick we never figured out as kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HPRXv-e9IE

~5:19, but the player has the pneumatic legs

A dropkick will just barely get you over, no idea why they put that the first level.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I came across this screenshot in the Randomwaffle thread, does anyone know what game it's from?

My first thought was Winback but I don't remember what the cutscenes were like in that game

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Hybrid Heaven?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That's absolutely Winback, it's from the intro cutscene where the Crying Lions send their demands to the defense Secretary

It's me, the Winback stan

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Danaru posted:

That's absolutely Winback, it's from the intro cutscene where the Crying Lions send their demands to the defense Secretary

It's me, the Winback stan

Hell yeah, thanks. It's a great game

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Ok, I've got another one. Can anyone ID this game?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Ok, I've got another one. Can anyone ID this game?

I think that’s Battlezone

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Definitely the 1998 Battlezone. poo poo was awesome.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/301650/Battlezone_98_Redux/

Apparently there's a remake on Steam. Any good?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I just recently remembered this older (late 2000s, maybe early 2010s) 2D indie horror game and wanted to see if the devs ever did anything after it. I'm not sure it was really that good, but I do remember enjoying it at the time. It was mostly atmospheric and based around puzzles and didn't constantly have monsters chasing you, though there were occasionally some to run away from, just not much combat at all.

It was set on a space station. You played a cartoon/anime woman with amnesia, and had to put together what happened to the station and crew. Eventually you discover it had something to do with this artifact/obelisk that was on the station, though I can't remember the specifics. It ends by blowing up the station and has an ending screen of the MC on the nearby planet's surface, maybe watching the station burning up on reentry?

Some other vague memories: a normal hallway that eventually started repeating and turned into meat that grew eyes and I think had a stoplight at one point, a dismembered body you had to find pieces of and put back together, and a bunch of unique deaths.

Anybody have any recollection of this game?

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Onean posted:

I just recently remembered this older (late 2000s, maybe early 2010s) 2D indie horror game and wanted to see if the devs ever did anything after it. I'm not sure it was really that good, but I do remember enjoying it at the time. It was mostly atmospheric and based around puzzles and didn't constantly have monsters chasing you, though there were occasionally some to run away from, just not much combat at all.

It was set on a space station. You played a cartoon/anime woman with amnesia, and had to put together what happened to the station and crew. Eventually you discover it had something to do with this artifact/obelisk that was on the station, though I can't remember the specifics. It ends by blowing up the station and has an ending screen of the MC on the nearby planet's surface, maybe watching the station burning up on reentry?

Some other vague memories: a normal hallway that eventually started repeating and turned into meat that grew eyes and I think had a stoplight at one point, a dismembered body you had to find pieces of and put back together, and a bunch of unique deaths.

Anybody have any recollection of this game?

This is almost certainly The White Chamber. Looks like they never released anything else.

Zathril fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jul 6, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It absolutely is. Thank you!

Yeah, it looks like they've split up and gone on to other stuff. Oh well.

Guess I can see how much of the white chamber I do remember, at least.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

It's pretty much the exact same as the original, just built to run on modern OSes. It's a fun game.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
Friend was talking to me about an old arcade game from childhood he couldn't remember: Think its an early era(Double Dragon to Final Fight timeline) beat em up. Both players controlled the same character which was a big buff dude carrying a small dude on his shoulders and the first level mid boss was a king kong rip off that burst thru a wall, the stage 1 boss was a pair of Eagle type monsters.

I just have no idea. He couldn't narrow down the time period the game takes place in(fantasy old times or modern) but seemed confident there were no modern weapon power ups just your fists and maybe hand held weapons like swords.

Ring a bell for anyone? Im usually equipped to handle this lol

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Friend was talking to me about an old arcade game from childhood he couldn't remember: Think its an early era(Double Dragon to Final Fight timeline) beat em up. Both players controlled the same character which was a big buff dude carrying a small dude on his shoulders and the first level mid boss was a king kong rip off that burst thru a wall, the stage 1 boss was a pair of Eagle type monsters.

I just have no idea. He couldn't narrow down the time period the game takes place in(fantasy old times or modern) but seemed confident there were no modern weapon power ups just your fists and maybe hand held weapons like swords.

Ring a bell for anyone? Im usually equipped to handle this lol

Tecmo Knight \ WildFang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9pE50Jjl8

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 20, 2022

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

That's way more decapitations than I expected for a game of that era.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

AWESOME. You just made a 41 year old dad gamer(not me but i think its cool too) insanely hype, he couldn't even remember a bit of the name or who made it. We are chugging some Tecates in your honor good sir

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Fat Samurai posted:

That's way more decapitations than I expected for a game of that era.

Wow, no kidding.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Racing game from the late 90s or early 00s, it had one specific mechanic where the cars had huge wheels (think monster trucks but the car was between the wheels, not on top) which allowed them to roll over and continue driving upside-down.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Pierzak posted:

Racing game from the late 90s or early 00s, it had one specific mechanic where the cars had huge wheels (think monster trucks but the car was between the wheels, not on top) which allowed them to roll over and continue driving upside-down.

Roll cage?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Yes, thanks!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Pierzak posted:

Yes, thanks!

Game ruled, I remember a uk magazine had it on a demo disc along with a competition to get the fastest lap and also remember the crushing sense of disappointment in myself on seeing the winning lap times in the next months issue!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I loved Rollcage, and was excited for the remake called GRIP. For some reason, though, it didn't do a lot for me. I'll have to give it another go.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Gromit posted:

I loved Rollcage, and was excited for the remake called GRIP. For some reason, though, it didn't do a lot for me. I'll have to give it another go.

Grip owns in VR.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for a game with a mushroom harvesting bench. 3d, released sometime in the oughties, probably an mmo? The bench in question is a rotten log supported kinda like a sawhorse bench. You place it, wait for some amount of time, then harvest the mushrooms. I don't recall what the purpose of the mushrooms were for. There's a chance this old memory is wrong in that it could've just been house decoration.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mid-2000s. Windows, indie game, freeware, 2d.

Shmup like side scroller, but an endless runner. You control a spaceship going through an asteroid tunnel or something trying to get to the center to blow it up. Just one level that is a narrow tunnel which is procedurally generated. Your ship would keep increasing in speed, but you were able to grind the top and bottom on the walls/ground in order to decrease speed and build up kinetic energy for lasers in order to blast obstacles. It's not a shooter with tons of enemies, it's like they are sprinkled in here and there, and the main gameplay is flying fast in the tunnels and scraping the walls.

The controls were similar to flappy bird or lunar lander or something where you need to keep the ship afloat via the thruster and carefully scrape the walls.

There were achievements for playing with different options (increased speed, no weapons, etc.)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Newgrounds (maybe?) kung-fu zombie fighting side scroller with a cool soundtrack. From 20 years ago. 8-bit style?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

zombie smashers x.

unplayable on modern machines. tried learning virtual machines to run zsx2 (amongst others) and got nowhere.

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

hexwren posted:

zombie smashers x.

unplayable on modern machines. tried learning virtual machines to run zsx2 (amongst others) and got nowhere.

I've found Flashpoint to work great. It's basically steam but for nearly every flash(and other stuff) game(again, and other stuff) ever made.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

it wasn't flash, tho, it was just older windows software, idk what kind of support it would need to run again

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool
ah, whoops. i just assumed cause they mentioned newgrounds

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm trying to remember the name of a game, NES-era though I can't remember if it originated there or was a port, about a family of adventurers. IIRC it was three "generations" of the same family, with grandparents, parents, and children all playable (simultaneously, it wasn't actually a generational game IIRC) and with different powers. I think it was a side-scrolling platformer game with maybe mild RPG or Zelda/Metroidvania elements.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Commander Keene posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a game, NES-era though I can't remember if it originated there or was a port, about a family of adventurers. IIRC it was three "generations" of the same family, with grandparents, parents, and children all playable (simultaneously, it wasn't actually a generational game IIRC) and with different powers. I think it was a side-scrolling platformer game with maybe mild RPG or Zelda/Metroidvania elements.

Legacy of the Wizard, I'll bet

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, that looks like it, thanks.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I have a very vague memory of playing a zombie/post-apocalyptic game about 10-15 years ago. The only thing I really remember about it was that the art style resembles the Madness Combat series, but it's not any Madness Combat game. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all I can remember. It's a longshot, but does that ring anyone else's bells?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, that looks like it, thanks.

The Dragon Slayer family tree of video game (series) is wild: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Slayer_(series)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

wb posted:

I've found Flashpoint to work great. It's basically steam but for nearly every flash(and other stuff) game(again, and other stuff) ever made.

this is fuckin amazing holy poo poo