Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haljordan posted:

I think Howard is completely terrified by the fact that his parents will actually one day die and just doesn't want to be around death at all because he can't cope

https://www.danspapers.com/2022/08/howard-stern-third-dans-cover-art/

His dad just died :(
But he was 99.

I told you not to be stupid you moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I was just about to write my father Ben a note Robin…

Just kidding. Condolences Howard, even at age 99, losing a parent still sucks.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

RIP to the king of proper modulation

https://youtu.be/49-T31VtBpc

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Awwwww :(

well, I came here to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG_p3Ul61UI

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

But he was 99.

Tim's assistant Jared finally caught up with him :(

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He’s not dead. He was kidnapped to the planet Krypton to live under the tyranny of the Red Sun.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Howard, Jared did a horrible thing. He raped your father. What kind of business is this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

But he was 99.

I don't understand the reference to this magazine and Ben's death. Even in the comments of that piece and on twitter, people are making this connection. I quickly read the piece and it doesn't mention anything about it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand the reference to this magazine and Ben's death. Even in the comments of that piece and on twitter, people are making this connection. I quickly read the piece and it doesn't mention anything about it.

it's loving buried in there (and between tons of ads), took me 3 skims to find it my dear rupert, come with me here and take a look *leads you by the hand to my post*

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lmfao I just remembered I have adblock on, my brain just interpreted all of those paintings by howard as ads while skimming oh my god :lol:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
drat!
I was going to prank the thread this week with a: "I was just about to write my father a note" with a link to the goatman in there.

I know you're not actually reading this Howard, but my condolences.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Legitimately sad about this. Going to go eat some halibut and Rice N Shine.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Wonder if Gary's wife will break her ankle.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Ben Stern? He’s around. We’re not really booking parents on the show anymore.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.
Something harrible happened. Tim’s assistant, Jared, took your fawtha and me in a rocket and sent us to Heaven, where God is from, and we’re here living under the tyranny of the Red Sun.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Ben had a stroke a few years ago right?

Edit: Found this cameo of Billy West doing his Jackie Puppet impression on the stern subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/wl0om2/a_very_special_message_from_billy_west/

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 12, 2022

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/hujirose/status/1556126668708003840

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Howard is a really good artist. Legitimately impressive. RIP Ben Stern.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I guess the funeral will be on Zoom?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Never forget where Howard got his humor—
I recall a story Howard told where he attended a dinner with his parents, Alison (his ex) and Robin, and Robin was wearing a very nice dinner dress that, of course, accentuated her chest.

Ben had a couple of drinks in him, and he reached into his pocket and dropped something on the floor. Ben exclaimed to Robin, “hey Robin look, someone dropped a dollar!”

RIP Beryl. :(

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

beep by grandpa posted:

it's loving buried in there (and between tons of ads), took me 3 skims to find it my dear rupert, come with me here and take a look *leads you by the hand to my post*

Hey Howard, who signs your paycheck? Sirius or Dan’s Papers? Why would you not share this first on the show? Howard is a sucker.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Hey Howard, who signs your paycheck? Sirius or Dan’s Papers? Why would you not share this first on the show? Howard is a sucker.

obviously this was an intensely personal and private matter for him, so it would be strange and inappropriate to share something like this on "The Howard Stern Show"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJcbx61Ey8

Baby ducks and exotic jungle bunnies

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Who are you talking to right now, Richard? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A radio show big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not to be pranked, Richard. I am the prankster! A guy answers his phone and humiliated by Captain Janks and you think that of me? No! I am the one who pranks!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Who are you talking to right now, Richard? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A radio show big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not to be pranked, Richard. I am the prankster! A guy answers his phone and humiliated by Captain Janks and you think that of me? No! I am the one who pranks!

This is beautiful and I'm glad that you and I share some threads.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

( i mainly posted it for you :unsmith: )

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I PRANK

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
They didn't have it at Bloomies.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

( i mainly posted it for you :unsmith: )

"I am not crazy! I know he farted near the open mic. I knew it was a 1.5 second long fart. One second longer than most others. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just - I just couldn't prove it without laughing so hard. He covered his rear end, he got Robin over there defending him. You think this is something? You think this was a great fart? This? This pant-shittery? He's done worse. Those congas! Are you telling me that a man just happens to absent-mindedly play them before recording? No! *He* orchestrated it! Mike Walker! He *basically defecated* through a *pop-filter*! And I laughed! And I shouldn't have. I took that clip everywhere, put it into all the songs. What was I *thinking*? He'll never change. He'll *never* change! Ever since he was 9, *always* the same! Couldn't keep his gas to himself! But not our Mike! Couldn't be precious *Mike*! Pealing the paint with the smell! And *HE* gets to be a gossip columnist? What a sick fart joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance! But you have to stop him, you just-.... *bornowwwlorrraphhh*"

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 18, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

OBAMA!!!!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Finally, you can pay $150 for a 10 minute phone call with Will the Farter: https://www.cameo.com/willthefarter/event-request

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can you imagine Eric on cameo?

I....don't...loving PAUSE...when I...Cameo!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Can you imagine Eric on cameo?

I....don't...loving PAUSE...when I...Cameo!

People say he would've made millions but I guarantee he'd instantly reject 99% of the requests he got

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I don't... Make ca all's to guys, only t oo big chested vol luptuos women.

How many people would just get him to call them and say "ack ack"?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

DeadBonesBrook posted:

They didn't have it at Bloomies.

I used to have a very long once a week commute from work and I caught this whole saga live, it was incredible and probably the most intense thing I've ever witnessed. It is the absolute high point of the show for me and nothing else even comes close

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

I used to have a very long once a week commute from work and I caught this whole saga live, it was incredible and probably the most intense thing I've ever witnessed. It is the absolute high point of the show for me and nothing else even comes close

It was the wave cresting before Howard washed away everything unique about the show. The show never felt as raw and real and wouldn’t ever again.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

How much would you have to paid to agree to be Artie's assistant? At least $200k a year for me lmao

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arson Daily posted:

gently caress man. 14 years ago. Crazy.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

There's going to be an episode of Dark Side of Comedy on Artie. Really curious about that one. The Farley episode was pretty okay.

Got a real pang of sadness seeing Gilbert on the commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I hear that fuckin' Artie Klein is running outta material