Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Idk why they seem to do these changes based on the extreme end of play wrt divines. Ive gotten to end game and fought but never defeated Maven. I rarely had enough ex to craft. But I did use divines for uniques.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Sylink posted:

Idk why they seem to do these changes based on the extreme end of play wrt divines. Ive gotten to end game and fought but never defeated Maven. I rarely had enough ex to craft. But I did use divines for uniques.

It's part of their strategy to make uniques worthwhile again, now good rolls will be worth far more than low rolls.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

the worst part of the divine orb thing is there's no such thing as divine shards

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Leagues and leagues ago, one of the most fun builds I've ever played was a one-tap Arc build that could instant phase Sirus. Archmage may still be not great, but with those Galvanic Field numbers and mirror jewelry I'm very tempted to bring it back. I guess I'll start PoBing ascendencies for it over the next week.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The three dragons fireball hit w scorch jewel for scorch and shock, galvanic field for more damage and freeze :whatup:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I wonder how flicker strike will work with the thing that lets you get ghost mods. If you just need to get close enough to them and then you get the mod, it could make flicker mapping even more fun.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cold dot trickster???

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

shock and ignites trickster with Stormfire in the mind

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

No Safe Word posted:

Some smarty pants figured out how to get perfect timeless jewels and so GGG is making divines skyrocket as a result. :tinfoil:

I’ve gone gone for awhile, what was the strat to do this?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
spam cheap divines until you get your perfect roll
pob tells you which roll is perfect

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
What are the best ways to proc adrenaline now, especially as you're playing through the campaign on your starter?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

biggest pain in the rear end about this change is definitely going to be trying to trade divines more than one at a time. idk why currency even has a stack limit at this point.

rasputin handshake
Dec 25, 2005

Hello, WIP? Am I on?

Elentor posted:

Any good ideas for a new thread title, not that I'm IK just asking

To exalt slam is human, to forgive ggg is divine

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Im dumb and unimaginative, but I question how good the doubled mirrored jewelry can possibly be. Say best case scenario you can ignore the negative affixes completely somehow. Then we're looking at at most six affixes 'worth' of positive ones, just like a normal item, but concentrated in to three actual stats. Will people have the affix room on their gear for that? Especially if possibly you'll be using more uniques this league too? I just think the odds of finding something that fits and overcomes the downsides to be like, vanishingly small idk.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Im dumb and unimaginative, but I question how good the doubled mirrored jewelry can possibly be. Say best case scenario you can ignore the negative affixes completely somehow. Then we're looking at at most six affixes 'worth' of positive ones, just like a normal item, but concentrated in to three actual stats. Will people have the affix room on their gear for that? Especially if possibly you'll be using more uniques this league too? I just think the odds of finding something that fits and overcomes the downsides to be like, vanishingly small idk.

Well, it remains to be seen, but the second ring they showed during the lake showoff seemed pretty insane for a strength stacker.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

it makes gearing the rest of your items harder but it can be huge boost for stat stackers. Also you might be able to do some shenanigans with stuff like Doryani's Prototype

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah +100 stat on rings is insane for stat stackers, and technically you only need one of those + the new unique ring

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Larry Parrish posted:

and for the love of God stop balancing the game against trade. nobody in SSF was drowning under a pile of divines unless they were doing serious ambush juicing or running vaal temple to get 6ls. and nobody is going to use exalts to craft still for the same reason people don't use typically use regals.

Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Goals For Implementation:
• To be an optional mode. For now there are no incentives for playing other than additional challenge and bragging rights.
• We do not want new players to choose SSF unless they know what they're doing. Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Broken Cog posted:

Well, it remains to be seen, but the second ring they showed during the lake showoff seemed pretty insane for a strength stacker.

I think it'll open up "high end feel" in mid range builds. Elentor was talking about her perfect gear not even existing, but you might be able to get really good outcomes if your build indexes on 1-3 affixes heavily and the rest are either far less valuable or far, far more rare.

There are also a couple rare situation where negative modifiers are useful, right? Isn't there a build that requires a negative resist?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I both love the divine change, and the 'sky is falling' response to it. I've been wanting them to just straight up remove divines for years. This is good enough for me!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Meeko posted:

biggest pain in the rear end about this change is definitely going to be trying to trade divines more than one at a time. idk why currency even has a stack limit at this point.

To encourage tab purchasing

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
They may have buffed Mark of the Red Covenant, but I'm disappointed they didn't give it the buff that it truly needed: making the spirits four times as large to make up for having a quarter as many.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

InventorOfTrees posted:

I both love the divine change, and the 'sky is falling' response to it. I've been wanting them to just straight up remove divines for years. This is good enough for me!

Why would you want them to remove divines?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I wonder if the rare mob rebalance is going to affect headhunter prices.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
divines are extremely boring orbs with extremely boring uses. just like mirrors they're completely safe, you never risk anything and even if you're unlucky you can always undo what you did. it's good that they're rare and expensive now, and that the orb that's fun to use is cheaper.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Conduit would work well with cwc because of that trigger cooldown.

Maybe a crit trickster energy blade charged dash cwc conduit lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Why would you want them to remove divines?

That poster hasn't got a clue.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I think I'm feeling poison bfbb trickster. The buffed obliterates and plague bearer means clear should be smooth plus the build usually has good single target I believe. Need to look at a PoB though. Bv is also an option with basically the same setup.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, I've been thinking... is Heist really the best way to farm divines now? What with it having no shards, and just one card.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

an iksar marauder posted:

divines are extremely boring orbs with extremely boring uses. just like mirrors they're completely safe, you never risk anything and even if you're unlucky you can always undo what you did. it's good that they're rare and expensive now, and that the orb that's fun to use is cheaper.

source your quotes?

otherwise this can't be a real take right?

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

No Safe Word posted:

source your quotes?

otherwise this can't be a real take right?

its a real take, its mine, and its shared by the design team of Path of Exile, a game that is designed for people like me who come up with takes like mine.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Jinnigan posted:

Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Goals For Implementation:
• To be an optional mode. For now there are no incentives for playing other than additional challenge and bragging rights.
• We do not want new players to choose SSF unless they know what they're doing. Despite the addition of this mode, Path of Exile is still designed and intended to be multiplayer with partying and trading.

Yeah I think Larry is disagreeing with this

I'll probably just play trade from the get-go this time, the new gems look cool and if they don't pan out for me I want to be able to pivot the character quick

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Benson Cunningham posted:

What are the best ways to proc adrenaline now, especially as you're playing through the campaign on your starter?

Corrupting fever, available pretty early

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also my take. There's some risk now involved in using them, not because you can brick anything but because the investment for divining an item will be really high, which is good.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Today is a good time for the masochists and the findom enjoyers to come out with takes like "I like burning money pointlessly thus the changes are good."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is a findom.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm excited to see the new eco changes in action tbh, if only to see how it affects the market for uniques.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

here's how everyone used divines until this change:

1) you have an uncorrupted item with important rolls that could be better
2) you buy a bunch of divines because they cost nothing, already having the roll in mind which you want
3) you click the divines onto the item until the roll is as good or better than what you had in mind

it can't even be called crafting. its just clicking until number big and in the process removing value from high rolled uniques. thankfully now it will join the mirror of kalandra and sacred orb as the triumvirate of boring but expensive currency orbs. to anyone who disagrees: I forgive you

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

euphronius posted:

What is a findom.

Something you can maybe look up with SafeSearch off but probably shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

an iksar marauder posted:

here's how everyone used divines until this change:

1) you have an uncorrupted item with important rolls that could be better
2) you buy a bunch of divines because they cost nothing, already having the roll in mind which you want
3) you click the divines onto the item until the roll is as good or better than what you had in mind

it can't even be called crafting. its just clicking until number big and in the process removing value from high rolled uniques. thankfully now it will join the mirror of kalandra and sacred orb as the triumvirate of boring but expensive currency orbs. to anyone who disagrees: I forgive you

here's how everyone uses <insert literally any semi-plentiful currency here: chaos, essences, fossils, alts, embers, enkindling, etc.>:

1) you have an uncorrupted item with <mods/enchants/implicits> that could be better
2) you buy a bunch of <whatever currency> because they cost <not a lot>, already having the mod/enchant/implicit in mind which you want
3) you click <whatever currency> onto the item until you got the mod/enchant you want

You're literally describing how almost all currency works