Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
IMO you should wait to see if either of the spheres are the IOTD but if it’s the final day and you’re still sitting on them, sell baby sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

FreshFeesh posted:

IMO you should wait to see if either of the spheres are the IOTD but if it’s the final day and you’re still sitting on them, sell baby sell

Definitely this as spheres usually get iotd during events (at least since I’ve been playing).

I sold my red shields that I’d been holding for the event yesterday and they are iotd today. I have sold a couple of inventories of purple handbags today (highland hills feather gathering side effect) so if they go iotd tomorrow I am cursed.

Maybe there’s nothing to be done for it but surely the predictability of event user load means you could scale up resources for that time. Lag just after reset today killed me.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
You have got to be making GBS threads me

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Ugh. Ok, not worth it lol

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I haven't gone that far in it but I've been doing all my wood/stone/mushroom exploring (mostly to replenish on shovels and hammers) in small spring and converting the extra feathers. I usually have an excess of white parchment anyway because I don't want to spend my paste on diaries. I'm at least going to go until I GM white parchment since I'm getting close on that and finally hit the point where AK is the bottleneck instead of silver.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

Someone in global was annoyed about the 200 TP request, so I mentioned it went up to 500 and someone else responded that there's a request for even more TP after that one.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

monkeytennis posted:

At least that prize payout is very good.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Yeah, I genuinely don’t understand what’s going on with this quest line.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm still not at 99 exploring, so all my Stam is going to WC. I'm not bothering with this questline this time around.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Toilet paper is now purchasable for 3 soap apiece. Still sucks for lowbies who don't have WC/level 10 raptors though.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
new buddy quest is out. Anyone have 2k diamonds and 4k seaweed?

Rewards are insane though.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Sexual Aluminum posted:

new buddy quest is out. Anyone have 2k diamonds and 4k seaweed?

Rewards are insane though.

Where is this?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

pretty sure it's a tower 100 required quest

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How much do the 4x99 pets help with getting through the tower?

I'm on ATI 2, just spent the 2b on the first stage and I'm probably going to have the food for the second stage together today. (I have plenty of geckoes and spiked shells, but don't have much seaweed.) I'm trying to decide how to prioritize my large nets & silver - either saving silver for the ATI quest line, spending the silver on the 4x99 pets (I'm at 99/99/99/98 right now with 400k stamina saved up, so should be able to push it through when I feel like getting some carpal tunnel), throwing nets for catfish & seaweed, or I guess saving for the 10b farm row.

(I have the 10b storehouse and all the other pets to L6 other than owl, hedgehog, and penguin.)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

The 99 pets help a shitload for ATI, particularly the brown bear and capybara.
The bear provides a ton of keys to open up chests for the screws/springs/mechanical bits as well as another source of honey, the capy gives grab bag 07 which is a good source of gold fish.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I asked in chat about the end to the school quest.

Apparently it ends at 1k TP and Milk. The rewards?

"a backpack and 1k LN, Palmer, oj, along with 100 peach juice and some other stuff"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Event quest sucks

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm confused about Mega Beet seeds. It costs 500 beet seeds at the exchange center for 50 mega beet seeds, which yield ten beets when planted. Are they only for saving time I guess?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm confused about Mega Beet seeds. It costs 500 beet seeds at the exchange center for 50 mega beet seeds, which yield ten beets when planted. Are they only for saving time I guess?

Basically. They are also much more efficient uses of grape juice. So if you have 4 grape juice per day, you can grow 1440 beets a day (at 36 crop slots), plus whatever you grow in the 24 hours (for me a bunch of corn or mushrooms, and some broccoli overnight), as opposed to just 144. That's a lot more silver and farm xp.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah. You can grow 500 in the time/juice needed to grow 50.

Also apparently it's the only way to get mega seeds except for the onion.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Right, you basically always want to make that trade because one use of grape juice gets you 10x as much money/xp.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah mega beets are a sweet deal always exchange those if you can.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

and then preferably save them for events for the sweet bonus silver

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am looking for more stamina for this event. So I am selling 1k gold at the rate of 100g per 1k orange juice.
Hit me up, I can often be found in Help chat, ign: ColeusSanctus

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

Almost there... :eng99:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

DRINK ME posted:

I sold my red shields that I’d been holding for the event yesterday and they are iotd today. I have sold a couple of inventories of purple handbags today (highland hills feather gathering side effect) so if they go iotd tomorrow I am cursed.

Wow, you really did call it

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Finally hit 4x99 tonight. :toot:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I joined the game as Dancer, and within 5 minutes someone gifted me Dancer the reindeer.

:five:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm trying to do ATI before being 4x99 and these cogwheels are killing me. I don't want to waste my LN on fishing for them since we're in an event, so I'm only getting a drip feed from my dog and some treasure keys from soap.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm trying to do ATI before being 4x99 and these cogwheels are killing me. I don't want to waste my LN on fishing for them since we're in an event, so I'm only getting a drip feed from my dog and some treasure keys from soap.

I’ve got everything else for ATI saved up and I’m stuck on cogwheels too. Don’t waste the nets, I got 2 cogwheels out of 6 large nets just now. Would be nice to have a well option for them though.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Ugh 1000+ large nets for any more fish grand masteries. I wish I could throw more nets at once.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

rafikki posted:

Ugh 1000+ large nets for any more fish grand masteries. I wish I could throw more nets at once.

Get those cheap Masteries at least, AK is AK.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Exploring at 95 now...Almost there! Also, still working on iced tea and ruby fish for ATI IX. I'll be done someday!

Edit: Spamming apple ciders got me to 96 exploring! I don't think I have enough ciders/palmers to get to 99 though :(

Vasler fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 13, 2022

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Does voiding an item still count towards mastery or do you need to have the inventory space?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Voiding counts for masteries.
Mentioning that, the current event mastery bonus always rounds down, so try to craft in even 10s because 9 gets rounded down.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Finally hit 4x99! Huzzah!

And now this ATI quest takes 600 corn and 600 pumpkins…

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Any tips on how to best blow through exploration levels without wasting a bunch of mats? I’d like to craft things that I’m earning, but I keep getting capped out at WC due to twine or (more often) steel.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

HelloNewman posted:

Any tips on how to best blow through exploration levels without wasting a bunch of mats? I’d like to craft things that I’m earning, but I keep getting capped out at WC due to twine or (more often) steel.

Just try not to void garnet, since rings are easy to make if you're keeping up with mushrooms. And the new canoe craft also makes using oak reasonable, if mildly tedious.

Edit: and don't void fruit or salt, hopefully obviously

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 14, 2022

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Unponderable posted:

Just try not to void garnet, since rings are easy to make if you're keeping up with mushrooms. And the new canoe craft also makes using oak reasonable, if mildly tedious.

Edit: and don't void fruit or salt, hopefully obviously

Once you max salt in your inventory what else is there to do with the salt rock?

e: guess it sells reasonably well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Thank you to whoever gave the early heads-up to horde stam items for the event, just made 4x99.