Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the clit is basically a penis, elizabeth warren is simply ignorant of elementary biology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
barely anyone called out warren for being a fake native so she’s gonna lie about poo poo until she dies

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Ville Valo posted:

I got a DeSantis text asking for donations today. I’ve never given money to any campaign and never lived in FL so I don’t know how this happened. Used to get Bernie texts all the time but after they switched to Pelosi and Biden texts I got pretty rude and they stopped. Did the Dems just go “you were mean so DeSantis can have your phone number?”

i've never replied to a cold call in my life but i ended up on a text list for the TX dems with my dad's phone number, so they'll send him stuff with my name on it. i think the people running these operations are just incompetent morons, op

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

looks like she's doing standup comedy there lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

some dnd loser being a weimar joe campaign person isnt surprising, the surprise would be if any of them weren't

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

She had 1/16 of a penis, but misogynistic Bernie stole it and said that Dames can't have dongs.

Nichael posted:

I somehow don't think this happened.

Liberal Interviewer: "So, how did it feel when the voters said they'd vote for the version of you that had a penis, that thing that absolutely happened and we should not question the validity of?"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Koos Group posted:

I assumed this had gotten out already, but GJB had a paid position with the Biden campaign during 2020, which casts serious doubt on his ability to moderate objectively.

i still feel compelled to dive into this ultimately inconsequential mystery: what was up with that post where gjb referred to himself as "mods like gjb". is he koalas marching. is he pulling mod double duty.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I have a penis. Who will be voting for me?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yinlock posted:

i still feel compelled to dive into this ultimately inconsequential mystery: what was up with that post where gjb referred to himself as "mods like gjb". is he koalas marching. is he pulling mod double duty.

I would also like to know this. That was very weird and funny

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nichael posted:

I have a penis. Who will be voting for me?

I will write you in for president in 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

some dnd loser being a weimar joe campaign person isnt surprising, the surprise would be if any of them weren't

astonishingly, some people will actually worship democrats for free

i'm always saying this, to everyone

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I will write you in for president in 2024

Thank you. I promise, as your President, to continue to have a penis.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i have a penis, greg. would you vote for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lord of Pie posted:

we'll have a chud lady president before we have a democrat one and that's not even factoring in the democrats being destroyed in 2022

The funniest option would be Biden losing to Trump in 2024, then dying during the lame duck period, so Harris becomes the first woman president but only for a couple weeks and in a way that completely destroys the value of the "first woman president" milestone.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

ok and now fritz is gonna show up here any second now

Yeah I'm sure it's a hoot for them, but still not nearly as funny as that time Jeff and Fluffdaddy showed up here and threatened to close the thread if posters here didn't stop making fun of D&D after Jack Allison absolutely humiliated GJB merely by quoting his posts about his horror and rage at Trump's death camps vs immediately making excuses for Biden keeping the same camps running. Just some all-time embarrassing loser poo poo, fuckin "hall monitor running to the principals and getting them to threaten expulsion because they were laughing at him" rear end dork poo poo. Didn't even show up himself even though everybody knew he was the one the admins were defending

Imagine voluntarily choosing to be a peer with such a pathetic dork. lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Still laughing that some dude sacrificed his life on the alter of Trump's honor by attacking an FBI office with a nail gun. Bonus points for apparently taking a TO in the middle of the shootout to post on truth social about his valiant struggle.

lol, lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Yeah I'm sure it's a hoot for them, but still not nearly as funny as that time Jeff and Fluffdaddy showed up here and threatened to close the thread if posters here didn't stop making fun of D&D after Jack Allison absolutely humiliated GJB merely by quoting his posts about his horror and rage at Trump's death camps vs immediately making excuses for Biden keeping the same camps running. Just some all-time embarrassing loser poo poo, fuckin "hall monitor running to the principals and getting them to threaten expulsion because they were laughing at him" rear end dork poo poo. Didn't even show up himself even though everybody knew he was the one the admins were defending

lol remember when one of them had to have an emergency QCS thread

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

skipmyseashells posted:

barely anyone called out warren for being a fake native so she’s gonna lie about poo poo until she dies

stealing the powwow chow recipe from the new york time was revenge for the dutch stealing manhattan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Warren could have solved all this by whipping her girldick but

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Yinlock posted:

astonishingly, some people will actually worship democrats for free

it is astonishing tbh

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
slernie sucks but it is extremely funny that he has become the eternal boogieman of Dems because he ran two ineffectual presidential bids that he both times pivoted into 100% sucking off the establishment candidate.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

Still laughing that some dude sacrificed his life on the alter of Trump's honor by attacking an FBI office with a nail gun. Bonus points for apparently taking a TO in the middle of the shootout to post on truth social about his valiant struggle.

lol, lmao

he went out posting, a true hero

e: important to note that he used a nail gun because he figured that bulletproof glass was not nail proof

HallelujahLee posted:

it is astonishing tbh

:agreed: that wasn't sarcasm

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Aug 12, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

God that was incredible. I can't remember, was that around the time they kept trying to close succ zone? lol

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I have found a man who curled into the fetal position when he heard we were pulling the troops out of Afghanistan

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They went on to say that they had commissioned fanart of electable Elizabeth Warren

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Sydin posted:

slernie sucks but it is extremely funny that he has become the eternal boogieman of Dems because he ran two ineffectual presidential bids that he both times pivoted into 100% sucking off the establishment candidate.

yeah, he has been a tireless promotor of mainline liberals and goes out again and again to use his credibility to rally support for monstrous policies and unfailingly votes in favor of these same policies.

I'm going to blame the hatred of the dem world towards Bernie Sanders, as compared to Joe Manchin, as anti-Semitism

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

2016 would have been a slam dunk if Hillary had even run just a run-of-the-mill dysfunctional campaign, lol. Instead she went for broke and ran the absolute worst campaign I can think of, like ffs she was spending actual time in televised debates trying to defend NAFTA.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

God that was incredible. I can't remember, was that around the time they kept trying to close succ zone? lol

lmao

my favorite d&d mod is the one that made a breathless thousand word resignation letter in the lepers colony appended to a 6hr probe. he clearly regrets it because every post he's made in d&d since is just a furious and unreadable text dump

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

that's just a traditional Iowa greeting

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sydin posted:

2016 would have been a slam dunk if Hillary had even run just a run-of-the-mill dysfunctional campaign, lol. Instead she went for broke and ran the absolute worst campaign I can think of, like ffs she was spending actual time in televised debates trying to defend NAFTA.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sydin posted:

that's what happens when you try to make your entire qualification for office boil down to being the brains behind Bill Clinton

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Sydin posted:

remember the "for every one voter we lose we gain two in the suburbs."

Her campaign strategy was literally to alienate and lose voters

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Actually you know what, it is news to me that GJB got paid. I'd always assumed he was voluntarily carrying Biden's printer around in hopes someone would hug him. Perhaps I was being unfair

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol yeah IIRC it was Herstory fuckin posting like he was trying to light the beacons of Gondor because none of the actual mods were responding to his discord pings and then if you looked at the actual thread it was a couple pages of light snappiness over the Afghanistan withdrawal

lmao

Yeah it was right after Majorian got de-IK'd

Went and looked up the actual post that kicked it off, and here you go if you want to bask in some succ zone nostalgia:

gudetama posted:

heres an opinion evolving in good faith, all posts from the same guy:

same guy posted:

same guy posted:
In this case, it's vaguely conceivable that Congressional action could act as a keeping-people-alive stopgap - the Senate is absolutely positively not going to pass any actually good immigration reform, even the temporary one of not allowing asylum seekers or detained unauthorized immigrants to be kept in custody, but preventing deaths by hypothermia / lack of medicine / etc, is well within their purview. It would also almost certainly involve giving Donald Trump money for detention facilities and/or for immigration judges, which I suspect is an absolute non-starter for the left despite Trump's coercion, so oh well, concentration camps with an artificially high death toll it is.

The central quirk of our immigrant concentration camps is that the people in them cannot be held after they get a binding immigration ruling, either the good one or the bad one. They're not held indefinitely, which means the pressures are different and less than in the permanent or permanent-ish historical cases. In Vietnam, and the Philippines, and South Africa, and the Japanese internment camps, and the more-or-less best-case colonial-Malaya, they were holding people during a violent insurgency of unknown length; in Nazi Germany et al, the objective was (as it is here) to make the residents Go Away, but deportation proved entirely non-feasible. In both sets, there wasn't an out for "well I guess we'll release them back into the country".

same guy posted:

If you're in a protesting or protest-supporting mood, see if there are any:

- ICE or CBP facilities or offices in your area
- Facilities of any of the companies involved in supporting or supplying the concentration camps (GEO Group and another private prison company whose name I can't recall offhand are a good place to start)

Call your congresspeople even if they're horrible, and if they're horrible that's another protest opportunity.

Signal boost the bad things and good responses to the bad things.

Participate in your local DSA chapter and/or local Dem Party organization and/or any local immigrant support groups.

same guy posted:

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that bot imsofar as if it's poorly curated it's going to cause problems for some customs policy nerds and other positions / bureaus that have nothing at all to do with immigration enforcement, but the support positions for the camps deserve to be shamed

MAY 2020

same guy posted:

Voting for Biden is opposing evil. Relevant to your stated interests, Biden is adamantly against - and the Obama record and his inclinations towards the CDC et al are against - creating immigrant death camps during and via a devastating global pandemic.

NOVEMBER 6 2020

same guy posted:

someone else posted:

So what's your best estimate on Biden closing the camps? First 90 days? First year?
"they are no longer death camps because biden has shuffled money around, fixed the most egregious medical negligence*, admitted that coronavirus is a thing they should be protected from, and released a lot of people on their own recognizance" seems like a plausible 1-6 months thing (yes i know, bit of a difference there) without the senate, but unless he goes Full Trumpwall, which i do not expect and didn't work very well for Trump, almost-entirely abolishing detentions as a thing might require congressional money reallocation. Or it might not, there is currently some level of cooperation with nonprofits on specifically child immigration stuff, and that's the case where it's thorniest to just put them out into the public and tell them good luck, so maybe he can do that unilaterally too? You'd have to ask someone more plugged in to the process.

Maybe I'll have a more defined answer when we're closer to inauguration. Or post-inauguration, but that might be cheating in your eyes.

* - which was the subject of the vast majority of the complaint/report that gave rise to the hysterectomy investigation, but nobody really cared about discussing that part for various reasons, and i'm part of the problem because i never got around to doing my own summary in the absence of anyone else's

NOVEMBER 25 2020

same guy posted:

it doesn't get clicks, it doesn't get views, it doesn't incite anywhere near as much rage as it should or as hysterectomies, and the substantial portion of the report devoted to "actually we right now today have coronavirus death camps thanks to donald trump letting cbp/ice off the leash and it's killing tons of human beings" isn't conducive to the Angry Twitter Left's anger targets, never mind anyone else giving a poo poo

DECEMBER 12 2020

same guy posted:

someone else posted:

a question for logistically-minded people (yes this is basically the xxxxxxx-signal):
whats the actual realistic timeframe for biden to close the camps? As in, how many weeks or months into biden's term until it is warranted to be deeply, deeply alarmed that concentration camps still exist?
I got asked basically this in the waning days of GE thread, but if they're not being very seriously wound down in three months at the absolute latest - so, like, late April - my level of gruntled will start going significantly down. I'd be kinda disappointed in it taking that long tbh. If they're actively going away in a timely fashion, that's clearly Biden doing the thing, just not doing it quickly enough to prevent unnecessary suffering.

JANUARY 21 2021

same guy posted:

someone else posted:

ok but what about the camps
i dunno, what do you think he's going to do about the camps?

both his incoming dhs secretary and he in his campaign have expressed a desire to put Almost Everybody into case management programs supported by nonprofits and/or by simply existing and working in normal American communities, and the immediate first-day immigration steps include reclassifying shitloads of people into "maybe we shouldn't keep them in the trump death camps"

which is why josh hawley is trying to slow down mayorkas' appointment and keep people in the camps as long as possible

FEBRUARY 10 2021

same guy posted:

my understanding is that a big part of it is "we only have so many personnel for thr good immigration things / who aren't Nazis, and the priority is people who are currently here and/or currently in The Camps rather than 'just' in a humanitarian disaster in Mexico"

little concerned that even with the Trump admin deliberately loving up the transition and CBP / ICE career leadership being evil, though, that Team Biden didn't have more NGO etc stuff in place earlier

MARCH 31 2021

same guy posted:

"horrible overcrowded intake camp run by Nazis" and "concentration camp" are not synonyms; as I have argued in the past and will argue in the future, intent matters

concentration camps were historically designed to contain people entirely indefinitely, either for the purpose of removing them from their land or for the purpose of fighting an insurgency, or usually, both

a subset of trump's deportation camps could plausibly be called concentration camps, insofar as he did not particularly give a poo poo about what happened to the residents and the intent was to remove them from the united states

intake camps, no matter how horrific, are not concentration camps in the same way as that, and certainly not in the same way as Japanese-American internment camps or the various colonial "let's force everybody in this region into camps so we can starve the rebels of resources and/or shoot everybody not in the camps"

the use of the term "concentration camps" here is at best an ill-analyzed misnomer

same guy posted:

I should note that I am not saying, MODHAT ON, that calling them concentration camps is illegal. I am saying MODHAT OFF that I disagree with it.

TheIncredulousHulk has issued a correction as of 19:46 on Aug 12, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

"Wisconsin? Why would I need to campaign there? Surely they'd never flip red. Anyway time to fly out to the west coast and sure up my support in California."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rubellavator posted:

looks like she's doing standup comedy there lmao

"A priest and a rabbi walk into a bar. I have a plan for that!"

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Actually you know what, it is news to me that GJB got paid. I'd always assumed he was voluntarily carrying Biden's printer around in hopes someone would hug him. Perhaps I was being unfair

lol yeah IIRC it was Herstory fuckin posting like he was trying to light the beacons of Gondor because none of the actual mods were responding to his discord pings and then if you looked at the actual thread it was a couple pages of light snappiness over the Afghanistan withdrawal

Went and looked up the actual post that kicked it off, and here you go if you want to bask in some succ zone nostalgia:

lmao

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

bedpan posted:

remember the "for every one voter we lose we gain two in the suburbs."

Her campaign strategy was literally to alienate and lose voters

anakin meme "but we gained the two in the suburbs, right?"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
soldiers coming up to me saying, with tears in their eyes, Mrs Warren, ma’am, we’d vote for you if you had a penis, if you had, a penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ah okay the time I was thinking of was some time before that, but thank you for the link--definitely gonna re-read for some lols today