Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

lmao holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/jessithebuckeye/status/1558209796288937985?s=21&t=tV9Gl-2-M-K0CPYSO9y-uw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

holy poo poo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
this is a utility as of yet unknown

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

“Oh boy she sent me a Cameo from my favorite wrestler! I knew I’d win her back…. Oh god no.”

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

This is amazing

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Smart Mark's asking the real questions.

https://twitter.com/MarkSterlingEsq/status/1557673024119242752

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
thicc sabian

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Randanopterix/status/1558158974754689024

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This showed back up on my timeline, Shibata tanking the Rainmaker remains one of the coolest things in wrestling history

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/851061472943775744

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God it's so loving cool, and the crowd being allowed to scream and cheer back then reminds me of what we're missing now.... but God I can't watch that headbutt anymore knowing what followed :gonk:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So that headbutt hosed his brain up real bad right? It's kinda wild because it doesnt look super dangerous but then again a lot of time the most devestating stuff looks super normal when compared to what media usually portrays as devestating

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It was more the straw that broke the camel's back, the shoot headbutt was a regular part of his arsenal leading up to this. But yeah, this is the last match he had for 5 years because his brain got broken

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wish everyone would stop doing headbutts.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
His brain got so hosed up they had to take it out and put it back in

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rebooted it like a computer

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seams posted:

His brain got so hosed up they had to take it out and put it back in

And Meltz didn't even give him 5 stars for it

What a travesty, I put that above any of the Omega/Okada matches

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

I wish everyone would stop doing headbutts.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

SG Bamboo posted:

And Meltz didn't even give him 5 stars for it

What a travesty, I put that above any of the Omega/Okada matches

Dave gave that match 5 stars

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stall_19 posted:

Dave gave that match 5 stars

So it is, my mistake. For some reason it was always in my head that he only gave it 4.75

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shard posted:

So that headbutt hosed his brain up real bad right? It's kinda wild because it doesnt look super dangerous but then again a lot of time the most devestating stuff looks super normal when compared to what media usually portrays as devestating

He also deliberately dehydrated himself which did not help

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've wanted to watch that match back recently but I just can't because of the headbutt. I mean, I know Shibata is okay now that they took out his brain and rinsed it off with warm soapy water and put it back in again, but still, life threatening injuries are no fun and knowing what's coming makes me dread watching.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

god the sound it makes is so gross

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He also deliberately dehydrated himself which did not help

Yeah, if headbutts are part of your arsenal then stay hydrated for the love of everything holy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you could squeeze a human brain it would be easier to squish up into barely anything than a moist cake. it's not this solidified muscular looking thing like you always see. it sd differnet

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

headbutts are fine!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lmfao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The only good headbutts are the goofy looking ones giant wrestlers do with a big windup and then impacting their own hand rather than making skull contact

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Even with the horrible brain injury Okada vs Shibata is still in the top five of my favorite matches of all time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The_Rob posted:

Even with the horrible brain injury Okada vs Shibata is still in the top five of my favorite matches of all time.

It was mindblowingly good

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/Takesoup/status/1558199222972850177

Noooooo come back!!!

:negative:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Am I just imagining that Takeshita's tour ended a month ago but then he got more US bookings to stay? Am I crazy for saying this is the most successful multi-month excursion since Morishima? Okada spent a time in TNA and throughout it just borrowed from The Pope but he wasn't relevant in TNA either

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It helps when the people running your wrestling shows aren't stupidly racist.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jiro posted:

Noooooo come back!!!

Earlier he said that he would be in Japan from mid August until late September.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He also just added AEW to his twitter bio so he probably got some kind of dual contract like Yuka did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tampa Bae posted:

Am I just imagining that Takeshita's tour ended a month ago but then he got more US bookings to stay? Am I crazy for saying this is the most successful multi-month excursion since Morishima? Okada spent a time in TNA and throughout it just borrowed from The Pope but he wasn't relevant in TNA either

It's worth remembering that Takeshita isn't your average wrestler going on excursion, he's already a 5 times KO-D Openweight champion & 4 time KO-D Tag Team champion, only HARASHIMA has held the top singles title in DDT for more time than Soup Boy. He was no Okada in TNA or Tempura Boyz in ROH.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Tampa Bae posted:

Tanahashi had a stint in TNA too, didn't realize that until it was mentioned during a Deadlock episode I watched the other day

of course TNA being TNA, both were so badly treated by the promotion that it permanently damaged their relationship with NJPW

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

TNA booked Kushiro Karmen and Ebbassan as straight wrestlers - they know NOTHING

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jiro posted:

Noooooo come back!!!

he's only four months in to his year long excursion, he's just going back to japan for a month-ish because he has two big DDT shows that they want all their best talent on

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/coltengunn/status/1558506749363208193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

forkboy84 posted:

It's worth remembering that Takeshita isn't your average wrestler going on excursion, he's already a 5 times KO-D Openweight champion & 4 time KO-D Tag Team champion, only HARASHIMA has held the top singles title in DDT for more time than Soup Boy. He was no Okada in TNA or Tempura Boyz in ROH.
I don't think Takeshita has any Meltzer 5*'s but his excursion is more like when Akira Hokuto, Muta, Chono, Mysterio et all were appearing in WCW from 95-97 but AEW is actually treating him like a super-star and putting him against America's best instead of putting him in the opening card

I think Takeshita really might become to America what Kenny Omega was to Japan.