Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Who the hell were they pirating on anyways? Garlemald? Ishgard? Ul’dahn merchants?

If you played Skies of Arcadia, then you have the general idea. The Sea of Clouds has barely been explored by this point in the game, and at least for the Redbills they generally pay their bills finding treasure, helping Merchants, and exploring new lands.

mikemil828 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

mikemil828 posted:

If you played Skies of Arcadia, then you have the general idea. The Sea of Clouds has barely been explored by this point in the game, and at least for the Redbills they generally pay their bills finding treasure, helping Merchants, and exploring new lands.

Anytime I read Skies of Arcadia I get sad. REMAKE PLEASE

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Who the hell were they pirating on anyways? Garlemald? Ishgard? Ul’dahn merchants?

Well, the very first quest to open the HW raids has a group of pirates that are hassling an Ishgard trader caravan. Those pirates are unaffiliated, and looked down on, by the group of "honorable pirates" we hook up with, but it comes up in the quest text that there's still other groups of pirates using the manacutters to hit trade in the Sea of Clouds.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Why was the sea of clouds new territory for them in HW anyway, hadn't they already been living next-ish to it for a long time?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nessus posted:

Why was the sea of clouds new territory for them in HW anyway, hadn't they already been living next-ish to it for a long time?

Well, 5 years ago Coerthas was merely a boreal or alpine region, not the near eternal winter it is now. Probably wasn't much need with the whole Dragonsong War drawing attention.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nessus posted:

I think there's something about airship technology having finally advanced enough in the last 15 years that people can start exploring it properly.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The invention of Manacutters plays a role in the Mhach story too. The Redbills have some that are different from the ones we get before the Aery, but they explicitly mention them.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Soooo the reaper in the trailer is totally going to be Azdaja isn't it

I don't think so. "This is where I belong. My home. This endless darkness you call the void" makes much more sense for a native of the 13th than for someone who got trapped there while doing a thing.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

I remember seeing dead sky pirates in that museum dungeon in Azyz La, so they do some treasure hunting for sure.

Scouting for Alliance/Garlemald is another possibility

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I made the switch to lalafell, and it's like I suddenly have a precious new goblin daughter in my life :kimchi:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Yes, all must become lalafell

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
they need to allow you to dye your skin green. I want to be Real Goblin.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Qwertycoatl posted:

I don't think so. "This is where I belong. My home. This endless darkness you call the void" makes much more sense for a native of the 13th than for someone who got trapped there while doing a thing.

This is why I'm hoping the sage is one of the remaining Sages of Troia and that maybe the void has some 'human' stragglers here and there like on the First (and maybe are also echo-havers or something??) Plus that might link up well with the ShB role quest cap questline also featuring surviving echo-having 13thers (though yeah they got Elidibus'd but still)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1558481608369651713?t=7j-T9X29IROBTdDHlTBEWg&s=19

Really useful crop from Audrey of the new vocal track in the 6.2 trailer for those interested. Fuckin' slaps

E: spoilers for 6.2 obviously

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 13, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Any clue who's doing vocals? Really like the voice.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

post lalafell

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Vitamean posted:

post lalafell

This appears to be currently lalafell

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Post Modomo Modernism

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Post Modomo Modernism

Pomomo Pomo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

post lalafell

I fantasia'd into a really annoying voice so fantasia'd out quickly. All my glam pics are post-lalafell.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Vitamean posted:

post lalafell

ok

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Vitamean posted:

post lalafell

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

does anyone know, really know, how jumping works? What makes you do the "6 foot straight ahead standing jump" vs the 6 foot up and 3 feet forward standing jump" and are there variations? there doesn't seem to be JUST 2 possible jumping distances and I can do it, but I have no idea HOW im doing it. it's just instinct and I guess the computer reading my mind or something

also if you try to think about what you're doing, it doesn't work anymore so that's weird

I think there's either a little RNG involved, because when I jump it ALMOST always does exactly what I want, but I don't do anything noticeably different

A Moose fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 13, 2022

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think it has to do with whether or not you start running before you jump, even for just a frame or two.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I wanna say there's at least three standard moving jumps? There's a short distance, which you can reliably perform by jumping while backpedaling or RP walking, a medium distance jump done at the start of a run, and a max distance one at your top running speed. The distance is modified by your movement speed as well - if you're under the effect of peloton or sprint you'll jump farther, and if you're under heavy your jump will be more shallow.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 13, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Never did I think i'd ever come across an MMO where my rigorous practice of half-A presses would come into play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

this looks rad

ff4 was my first ff so that battle sfx was a nostalgia bomb

estinien owns

that raid music slaps

i wanna go to the island

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

FF4 was my first too and hearing any of the music pieces is just a shot of pure dopamine for me, they get me now just like they did 30 years ago (poo poo gently caress) playing it for the first time.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Might have convinced my brother to try the trial :getin:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was looking through old allied seals vendors and came across this from the ARR era. Did somebody win/lose a bet?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bruceski posted:

I was looking through old allied seals vendors and came across this from the ARR era. Did somebody win/lose a bet?

You should check out what happens to miqote tails in that set

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Vitamean posted:

post lalafell

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

:five:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Vitamean posted:

post lalafell

There's never a wrong time to post lalafells

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

this is like, your dapper femroe at the age of 10

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Do we think new crafting books will be this patch or next?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Cephas posted:

this is like, your dapper femroe at the age of 10

they're an alt I made to be a mini version but the gleeful lalafell energy takes over. whenever doing anything with them I dont know if they're 5 or beyond time itself

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://twitter.com/sokensquareenix/status/1558053015482994689
Soken extracted it from FFIV specifically for the trailer nostalgia bomb. :shobon:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

holy poo poo this tower is hard. I did the Kugane tower, but that one is easy as long as you have between 2 and 8 hours to go at it over and over and over and over. THIS tower... I might never get it, and I think most people won't either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

A Moose posted:

holy poo poo this tower is hard. I did the Kugane tower, but that one is easy as long as you have between 2 and 8 hours to go at it over and over and over and over. THIS tower... I might never get it, and I think most people won't either.

The Moonfire fair one?