Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

his unscripted stuff sounds perfectly natural (relative to the situation)...

But is Nathen ever unscripted in any video? Even in that interview one it sounded like he'd written all the questions and rehearsed the answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
all of life has been scripted by Malik ul Mulk

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mozi posted:

all of life has been scripted by Malik ul Mulk

You’re saying god wanted Garfieldeats to fail?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pseudanonymous posted:

You’re saying god wanted Garfieldeats to fail?

Man I have some bad news for you

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Empty Sandwich posted:

his unscripted stuff sounds perfectly natural (relative to the situation). maybe he was undereducated about writing (or maybe he has some mild learning disability?).
bonus:

For the minute or two I watched the video yeah I'd say verbally he's easily fluent. But yeah of course people can be verbally fluent at a langue and have issues with reading/writing the language and vice verse. Possibly he's just not great at written English, or writing in general for whatever reason. There's obviously a hell of a lot more going on in he's tweets than just that.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
true enlightenment is realizing you've been the one in fork jail the entire time

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I mean, am I the only one who had friends whose spoken English was perfectly fluent and even intelligent but who somehow typed sentences like malfunctioning AI? I have not known anyone like this in a while but it certainly seems to be the case that his brain-to-text transformation is the issue. In more ways than one.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dr. Quarex posted:

I mean, am I the only one who had friends whose spoken English was perfectly fluent and even intelligent but who somehow typed sentences like malfunctioning AI? I have not known anyone like this in a while but it certainly seems to be the case that his brain-to-text transformation is the issue. In more ways than one.

One of my kids has a friend whose mom has absolutely no accent and as far as we know, isn’t from Russia but sends texts that read like Boris Badanov from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah, seems like a lot of posters ITT have never read anything from someone who speaks English as a second language. Written and spoken language is way different in a lot of ways. Like, my Japanese isn't perfect, but I can get by here. If I have to write anything I try to have someone look over it because it's almost always wonky as hell. In college I remember helping some of the international students with writing assignments, and even the one's who spoke really fluently would sometimes write some really odd sentences.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. MNEOWWW!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah, seems like a lot of posters ITT have never read anything from someone who speaks English as a second language.

A lot of people don't write well in their FIRST language, is the point. We're spoiled here because people use grammar, proper spelling, and clear sentence structures, but read the comments on Facebook or Instagram and realize that most of the poorly-written comments are from native English speakers

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Say what you will about his busted babelfish syntax, “I tend to forgive fuckers” is a sentence that no one else has ever uttered before or will again

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Powerful Katrinka posted:

A lot of people don't write well in their FIRST language, is the point. We're spoiled here because people use grammar, proper spelling, and clear sentence structures, but read the comments on Facebook or Instagram and realize that most of the poorly-written comments are from native English speakers

Yep, this is exactly it

I grew up in a rural town where people loved to complain about how foreigners talk funny and yet those people could barely speak, read, and write in their own native language

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Futanari Damacy posted:

Say what you will about his busted babelfish syntax, “I tend to forgive fuckers” is a sentence that no one else has ever uttered before or will again

I'm sure that's beem said but never with such pouty lips and magnetic stubble

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Futanari Damacy posted:

sounds like J B Smoove

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

BigBadSteve posted:

But is Nathen ever unscripted in any video? Even in that interview one it sounded like he'd written all the questions and rehearsed the answers.

I had to track down the one I linked where he seems to be going off the cuff a little more. the other ones were very clearly fake-casual.

e: and I had to ff halfway through the video to get to the parts that seemed candid.

dr_rat posted:

But yeah of course people can be verbally fluent at a langue and have issues with reading/writing the language and vice verse.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

A lot of people don't write well in their FIRST language, is the point.

Nathen makes pattern errors that look like those of a nonnative speaker but he's clearly fluent when he talks. I think it's the first thing. there are outliers like the Russian sleeper agent mentioned above but most people who speak only English write badly in ways that are very different from whatever the hell Nathen's got going on.

I taught writing for a long time and this sort of poo poo is fascinating to me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I tend to gently caress forgivers.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I mentally read all of Nathen's tweets in a Middle Eastern accent, picturing an irate pistachio salesman barking at potential customers on the street

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Got Mulk?

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
But I always drink plenty of... Mulk???

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."

MassRafTer posted:

Would you like to work for Nathen instead of marry him? Egeez is looking for a Full-stack Developer
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3202410088/?refId=9pcWMXJipgClVXLVAiR5Cw%3D%3D
Who wrote this for him? There's no way he has any idea what any of the technologies he listed here are.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I've assumed that he still receives money from his parents, enough to hire a few people at least. I couldn't imagine that he has actually made a profit from his business ventures

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

This picture has really changed my mind about all those awkward indoor glamour shots he takes - pretty sure he’s doing them solo without hiring a photographer.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

GarfieldEats: Why? The gently caress am I doing this #Canada

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 13, 2022

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
nothing more Canadian than an aging twink getting a flash marriage to keep his inheritance to spend on cartoon food popups

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

ZOOM. ENHANCE.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Blue Moonlight posted:

ZOOM. ENHANCE.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I somehow stumbled across this change.org petition Nathen wrote in 2021 while trying to find some GarfLore and it sure is a doozy. I don't remember if this was posted before. Sometimes it's hard to remember.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

I somehow stumbled across this change.org petition Nathen wrote in 2021 while trying to find some GarfLore and it sure is a doozy. I don't remember if this was posted before. Sometimes it's hard to remember.

The world keeps trying to change Nathan, but Nathan is changing the world, maaan.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's new to me so that's good enough

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Wow, he signed the 75% update with

Nathen Mazri
Righteousness Advocate

He really does think he’s just the coolest person

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
75% being 75 votes.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

This picture has really changed my mind about all those awkward indoor glamour shots he takes - pretty sure he’s doing them solo without hiring a photographer.

He absolutely owns a selfie stick.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Goddammit it stop MAKING THAT FACE. STOP IT.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

He recommends people boost their immune systems with a healthy pland based diet

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why is he wearing scrubs

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Frank Frank posted:

He absolutely owns a selfie stick.

Oh for sure, but there’s ones where it was ambiguous who took it, like the picture above. I’m now 100% convinced he just sets up a tripod and there are no friends or paid photographers involved.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

quote:

When you laugh, laugh from all your heart, out of passion 💚 A clean label #laugh .
For those who know me, I have a unique laugh. Well, here it is ! It's contagious they say. Hahahah
#Toronto #work #life #smile #instamood #clean
Edited · 1h