Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

His Divine Shadow posted:

Made it last night and it was great. No pics. It was tricky though, easy to burn the onions.

This morning i made a regular burger, to pack as my lunch at work

The sin of nuking it is overpowered by the holiness that is that crust. Beautiful burgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Breakfast burger time

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

iajanus posted:

Breakfast burger time

Holy loving poo poo!!

..is what my wife heard me shout just now

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
fuckkkkk. grilled bread cheese on a burger is next level.

bacon jam.
rashers.
onion rings.
are those bonito flakes? what the gently caress?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Parmesan I think, and there’s halloumi. Don’t actually see a patty in there, but I’m sure it’s there somewhere.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if there isn't that's still a lot of delicious stuff on a bun.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

iajanus posted:

Breakfast burger time

God loving drat

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, the flakes were parmesan, and there was a pattie hiding in there too. The rest was bacon, halloumi, a soft fried egg, chicken salt hash
brown, sauerkraut, jalapeno and bell pepper jam, on a toasted milk bun topped with onion rings. Was delicious (especially with a side of chilli dusted fries) but lol I didn't need to eat anything else for like eight hours.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Quick Midwest trip, so I had to indulge.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

The two posts on this page are a great capture of all that is burger. Every element of each is the total opposite of the other, but their both utterly perfect in their own ways.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

iajanus posted:

Breakfast burger time

Good loving lord

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Burg truly is life

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'd hit it

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Moey posted:

Quick Midwest trip, so I had to indulge.

All burgs are good burgs, but if the burg wars do come, sign me up for this style’s army.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Keep it simple

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'd hit it

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Your offering apPeases the burger gods.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I relish in my service to them

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Basic b+c burg from the local takeaway

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I burged tonight. Went with a double. It was a good night.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Patty melt. Never had one, figured I'd make one.

Sourdough, both emmental and processed cheese, caramelised onions.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

You have done good, sir.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

nice

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Have started grinding my own beef from brisket trimmings to justify cooking brisket and God drat they're the tastiest burgers.

I'm also left with lots more fat from the trimmings that I render down into tallow to cook the burgers and other things in.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I just came back from a seven-day military excercise, feeding anywhere between 400 and 1500 calories per day in between some pretty loving heavy work in surprisingly cold weather, and 24 hours, one medium pizza, two huge bowls of mum's beef rib and vegetable soup, and one double large filet-o-fish menu later I am still loving ravenous.

Anyways, anyone remember that article called "America, your food is so gay"" in Lucky Peach magazine (RIP in pisces)? There was this passage in it, along with this post above, that kept haunting me throughout the day:

quote:

Pat and Lou did cocktail hour nightly from a pair of velour bucket chairs, in their beam-ceilinged, ranch-style canyon house overlooking masses of scarlet and purple irises under the oaks. They put on matching poplin jumpsuits and corduroy house moccasins to sip Gibsons, tossing nuts to Kurt, their sleek miniature schnauzer, from fingers studded with big-jeweled cocktail rings. On nights when my parents would go to the Iron Gate restaurant for shrimp scampi and saltimbocca, they dropped us boys off at Pat and Lou’s for babysitting.

On those nights, Lou would cook us crazy poo poo our mom never fixed, food so rich no adult should ever serve it to a ten-year-old. There were casseroles that used Monterey Jack as a suspension medium for olives, ground veal, and button mushrooms from a can. And there were Lou’s famous burgers, so rich and salty, so crusted with a mixture of caramelized onions, Roquefort crumbles, and Grey Poupon—a thick impasto gilded beneath the electric broiler element—I could only ever eat half before feeling sick. I loved every bite.

Looking back, I recognize in Lou’s burgers my first taste of food that didn’t give a gently caress about nutrition or the drab strictures of home economics. They were calibrated for adult pleasure, acutely expressive of a formalized richness—exactly the type of thing James Beard taught Americans to eat (for all I know, Lou’s recipe was straight out of Beard). I see them now, those burgers, as unflinchingly, unapologetically, magnificently queer.

Lou, you got a raw deal, and I gotta say, I've been thinking about you time and again. This one's for you. And me. I'm making patty melts tonight, for the first time, and I'm making the gayest loving patty melts you whores have laid your misty eyes on.

I don't have sourdough. Bitch, we're eating brioche.

Gorgonzola instead of roquefort, because A. it's what I got in Sweden last night when I went to the border to pick up my cat from my parents and B. none of your business, sugarspoon.

The :gay: impasto :gay: looks loving amazing. I crumbled the cheese into rather big pieces, wisely determining that this would be optimal for "salt-crustiness" and general appearance. I licked the spoon, rendering a nice sampler of caramelized onions, GP and 'zola, and I could eat just that poo poo alone.

But we got bigger burgs to fry.

Swiss cheese on the bottom, because this is a patty melt, goddammit.

How much sizzling gorgonzola have you had in your life, you plebeians?

Button mushrooms on top. I'm taking this as far as I can.

The Sandwich Grip. And my hairy bear arms.

Oh my face-loving GOD

Remaining diligent to the article, I managed to complete one and a half. And now I am dead. Somebody take care of my cat before he eats my corpse; it is far too cholesterol-and-salt-ridden now to be good for him.

Force de Fappe fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 24, 2022

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Well drat

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

blarzgh posted:

Have started grinding my own beef from brisket trimmings to justify cooking brisket and God drat they're the tastiest burgers.

I'm also left with lots more fat from the trimmings that I render down into tallow to cook the burgers and other things in.

Hell yeah, I need to do this more

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Hell yeah, I need to do this more

Why are u following me

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Classic burger et tots at the dining room table that irreperably became a kid's craft table

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Honestly since I started grinding my own burger mix I've not even thought twice about store bought or pre-made patties. The best part is being able to mess around with different ratios and cuts. I've settled on the classic brisket/chuck/short rib combo, but I've done both chuck and brisket alone, both, both with bacon - and I've found as long as you hit that golden ratio of fat (20-25 for formed/thicc patties, 25-30 for smash) it's always better than what you're getting from the supermarket or butchers.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Brawnfire posted:

Classic burger et tots at the dining room table that irreperably became a kid's craft table

I classic burg'd today too. Not pictured is the one with tomato, and I ran out before I could make the three I took a picture of.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Force de Fappe posted:

Bitch, we're eating brioche.

This looks amazing, and thanks for posting that article!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

So much good poo poo on this page, getting me in that burgin mood.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

chicken cheeseburger tonight

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Empty fridge so it's burger night

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Tried making my own burg buns this week

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

that's a nice bun, hun

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm hooked and I can't stop staring

Oh baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Simple burger.
Leftovers from a cookout at work.