Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
While I loved both the Spider-Man and the Miles Morales titles I have to agree that the DLC wore out it's welcome very quickly, due to the terrible enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

MonkeyforaHead posted:

You can manually customize each follower as they join, down to selecting their species, so in theory yes but I've not yet unlocked rats as an option. There are a lot of species represented though, so I'd expect them to be in there somewhere.

There are indeed rats, they're one of the General forms. I think I bought them from Pilgrim's Passage?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

CommissarMega posted:

Serious answer: Yes, and his name's Snowflame. Also he's a villain, not a hero.

Lmao awesome

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
For everyone complaining about the QTE's, minigames and stealth sections in Spider-Man: check your options menu (gameplay or accessibility).

- QTE's in cutscenes or car chases or whatever: You can turn them off or set them to hold a button instead of having to mash it. Voila, action scenes without needing to react quickly.
- minigames: you can switch on a function that allows you to just skip every puzzle. The only annoying thing then is that it will take a few precious seconds for the puzzle to start, for you to press the button and to go to the next story bit (or puzzle).
- stealth sections: Ok, I can see why you don't like them, but they are pretty short and extremely easy. In one of the later ones, you even get a weapon. I don't think you can skip them however.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pennfalath posted:

For everyone complaining about the QTE's, minigames and stealth sections in Spider-Man: check your options menu (gameplay or accessibility).

- QTE's in cutscenes or car chases or whatever: You can turn them off or set them to hold a button instead of having to mash it. Voila, action scenes without needing to react quickly.
- minigames: you can switch on a function that allows you to just skip every puzzle. The only annoying thing then is that it will take a few precious seconds for the puzzle to start, for you to press the button and to go to the next story bit (or puzzle).
- stealth sections: Ok, I can see why you don't like them, but they are pretty short and extremely easy. In one of the later ones, you even get a weapon. I don't think you can skip them however.

Is there an accessibility option that removes lovely Marvel quips? Or do you have to go with the Borderlands 3 method?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jack Trades posted:

Is there an accessibility option that removes lovely Marvel quips? Or do you have to go with the Borderlands 3 method?

Mute button.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Big Bizness posted:

It's generally regarded as one of the best action games ever made. But I'm not saying Spider-Man should be NGB, just used it as a reference point for some of its aspects of game design philosophy. Obviously Spider-Man shouldn't and wouldn't be as hard, but enemies having distinct tells in combat to respond to and all that other crap I was saying earlier is what I was getting at Somebody mentioned not wanting it to turn into DMC earlier. I wouldn't want that either. I love DMC but most of the enemies are punching bags for you to style on outside of the bosses.

lmao isnt NGB a janky mess and everyone was really hyped for the sequels to polish it up to make a true classic, but they just progressively got worse

also styling on enemies is kinda what spidey does

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Can't believe there are marvel quips in this game starring the marvel quips character

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

How does the Miles Morales game compare? I know it's shorter but that sounds like a plus to me.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Apropros of nothing, the introversion devs sound so happy about people playing their game :3:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

Apropros of nothing, the introversion devs sound so happy about people playing their game :3:

Yeah these updates are really good and I am excited for the Last Starship.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AfricanBootyShine posted:

How does the Miles Morales game compare? I know it's shorter but that sounds like a plus to me.

It's pretty good. I think the original is the better of the two though. The story is more entertaining imo and I did not like the new enemy faction in Miles at all and just found them whack as gently caress (zoomer "hackers" with neon day glo raver poo poo). Neither one of them has to be that long. I played through the first one in probably 25 hours but you could do it in 15 (or spend 50) Miles is probably 10 hours on the short end and 30 to do everything. I just did a bit of side poo poo and called it good with both of them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

bentacos posted:

Can't believe there are marvel quips in this game starring the marvel quips character

not only do superheroes need to beat the poo poo out of all cops they also can't have witty dialog now, that's against comic book lore

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I mean, marvel comics suck too. Like 50% of the problem with the MCU is due to it mirroring the convoluted content cluster gently caress that marvel comics have been for decades.

Not that the MCU is good, either. But an open world collectathon game with quippy superhero dialogue is.. A lot in an age when we've spent the last 10 years overdosed on both.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 13, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The MCU isn’t remotely like the comics and frankly I don’t think they could be. Just inventing reasons to be mad now.

Spider man the video game itself has nothing to do with the comics outside using some character names and likenesses

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though spider-man the game was extremely well recieved so I think goons could just be out of touch here

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nonsense, it’s the quips who are wrong.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kibayasu posted:

Nonsense, it’s the quips who are wrong.

Lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Also isn't Spiderman's defining feature that he's compulsively quipping all the time?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

sebmojo posted:

Also isn't Spiderman's defining feature that he's compulsively quipping all the time?
Pretty much, yeah.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Yep.

I'm not a fan of Spiderman and I'm not really interested in these games (especially since I hate Arkham style combat) but I'm not going to look for reasons to dislike them. Frankly they seem pretty well-made from what I've seen streamed over discord and I fully understand why people would have a great time with them

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah Spider-man says stuff like "now that's what I call a spy-der" when he helps set up the surveillance network and also frequently says "see you later alligator" to Croc followed by "after a while crocodile"

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

sebmojo posted:

it is his defining characteristic, to the point there was a plot where a villain took over his body for a while and eventually gave it back because only peter could do the heroics required, or whatever, and he dropped a quip to the bad guy and he immediately lost his poo poo

spidey quips

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Please don't compare Spider-Man to Borderlands or mention Borderlands in any way. By the way, I'm aware of the irony of mentioning Borderlands in order to decry mentioning it, so don't bother pointing that out.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Spoderlands

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know if they're going to put a port of ghost of tsushima on steam?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Peter Parker's defining characteristic is he spends so much time trying to intercept in-progress muggings and drug deals by swinging over them that his personal life is a disaster. He web jizzed fifty personal keepsakes to different skyscrapers in identical backpacks. After MJ dumped him he was either going to go Spider-Cop or Travis Bickle.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

this is one boomer rear end forum

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Shard posted:

It was in the nvidia leak so yes. Who knows when though.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Shard posted:

extremely looking forward to this

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Shard posted:

I sure hope so. Everyone should play this game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I dunno, I feel like I've heard it get the same complaints as Spidderman: another kind of rote open world game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's funny, I talk poo poo about Spider-Man being a generic open world game, but Ghost of Tsushima is like a really well-done generic open world game. There's nothing really novel about it (I guess there's a minimalistic approach to UI that's kind of cool?) but combat is fun and a nice mix between melee, ranged, and stealth, the game world is very pretty, progression unlocks interesting abilities, and they don't overdo it with the collectibles and the ones in-game are fun (like "seek out scenery beautiful enough to inspire your character to write haiku about it"). It never feels bloated, and the story is entertaining. It's not going to change your mind about the genre if you hate it but the execution is great.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
One thing I did hear about it is that it's the only game still doing old Assasin Creed, now that that series has become a looter RPG.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
I really wanted to enjoy Tsushima and liked the atmosphere and story it seemed to be setting up, but just couldn’t stand fighting with the combat camera, even in the director’s cut version.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Green Man Gaming has Tactics Ogre Reborn for $38 through their XP Offer deal. If anyone is preordering for Steam, you likely won't find it cheaper than that before release.

It's going to be an absolute banger on the Steam Deck.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Green Man Gaming has Tactics Ogre Reborn for $38 through their XP Offer deal. If anyone is preordering for Steam, you likely won't find it cheaper than that before release.

It's going to be an absolute banger on the Steam Deck.

I'm not seeing this deal, where at?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
you don't have to play every game that exists. if you don't want to play a marvel game, then just... don't. don't go into a game looking for poo poo to hate and get all worked up about it, that's not healthy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

play... games... ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you don't like Marvel style quips, don't play the Guardians of the Galaxy game. It's a marvel movie with a small game attached.