Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

unzin posted:

And got:

What the frig, like it ran the prompts again and got a different image

This is incredible though. What parameters did you use? I'm just learning MJ but really like the texture you got here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Here's two I just did on MJ

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

This is incredible though. What parameters did you use? I'm just learning MJ but really like the texture you got here.

https://s.mj.run/RPE0m1QeemM bedsheet ghost::1 standing at the end of a dim hallway, character design, haunted, faint candlelight::.6, low ISO::.2, nighttime::1, low mist::.5, sharp photograph --c 6.66

TIP posted:

Midjourney generates more details as it upscales, which can be good, but it also has an option for a smooth upscale

I don't remember the command but it should be in the documentation

Found it

Discord posted:

What is Light Upscale Redo, or —uplight?
When selecting Light Upscale Redo on an upscaled image after selecting U1–4, the image will be re-upscaled by uplight for a softer and slightly less detailed result.
By adding —uplight to the end of your prompt, the U1–4 buttons will automatically use the light upscaler to upscale your images, instead of using the default upscaler.

What is the difference between the default upscaler and the light upscaler/uplight?
The best explanation would be to test it out yourself! In short, the default upscaler adds lots of detail and sometimes extra “AI-ness” to images, which can often differ from the original grid image you chose. The light upscaler/uplight tones down the details and generates a softer image often closer to the original grid image you chose.

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 13, 2022

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crossposting from the Caves of Qud thread:

Agents are GO! posted:

Hi all! I finally started to get into this game - I kept getting distracted by shiny objects. Anyhow, even though I'm still dinking around the Rust Wells, I also finally got into the Dall-E 2 Open Beta, and I've been trying to generate Caves of Qud images, like so:
https://twitter.com/No_X_in_Nixon/status/1558238434464043011?s=20&t=pNpmyJm1uELINQrc73F0tw
However, I'm not good at generating the longer, more specific text prompts Dall-E seems to require (over stuff like Midjourney, which I can't afford.) I have limited free credits, so I want to make these count, so I guess I'm asking for any suggestions. Remember, the more descriptive and lurid, the better!https://twitter.com/No_X_in_Nixon/status/1558241582712774661?s=20&t=7woWK0EFVt4SA8m5p2RT0Q
I actually do like the lower-left one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Christopher Walken as Emperor Shaddam IV in Dune

Found on Facebook.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
!dream an alien in climbing gear climbing a mountain on an alien planet, matte painting, by Isaac Levitan and Asher Brown Durand, -C 12.0 -n 9 -s 150 -W 704

similar to above but "alien that looks like a cow"

Trump as the Michelin man (same styles as above)

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Typical youtube reaction video thumbnail

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm giving animals jobs again

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm giving animals jobs again

aardvark moderating an internet forum on his IBM personal computer, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The Prime Minister of Canada

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

How do I get in on stable diffusion? Sign up for beta, like with Dall-E?

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 14, 2022

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Lord Stimperor posted:

How do I get in on stable diffusion? Sign up for beta, like with Dall-E?
Beta...
https://stability.ai/beta-signup-form

I put my application in a week or two ago though so not sure how long it will take...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Man, the stablediffusion hashtag on twitter is a mixed bag. On one hand, you see some pretty cool poo poo, but on the other hand, people rarely post their prompts, some people just seem to use a trending(?) hashtag to shill their own art or nfts and some people just put stablediffusion, dalle and midjourney and don't specify what they used to make the picture

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Cable Guy posted:

Beta...

I put my application in a week or two ago though so not sure how long it will take...

Yeah I didn't get my dall-e invite until weeks ago despite signing up when it showed up on Twitter and here.

Thinking about creating a fake venture capital identity for these kinds of things lol

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Got the idea from somewhere else, but I kinda dig how this came out.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Cable Guy posted:

Beta...

You need to check spam, they've sent out discord links to everyone that has signed up, probably expired by now. Current beta phase is closed I think. They have taken 100% of sign ups at every wave so far so just sign up again and when they need more people testing things (they have a site coming) you'll get in. Also keep an eye on thread in case they change how that works , someone will post

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
So i've had SD for a while, and I've done some hard code cracking on how to get some really good images out of it

tip number one is: get a bunch of artist styles that are similar

that's like 90% of the tips

Warhammer dudes from the 4 gods:

Glowy skeletons

Pizzas:

"dark souls bloodborne sekiro elden ring"

my old MUD character:

goblins:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
In the Mid Journey discord how do you find the bots effort at your prompt? I've tried a couple of times but the discord channel moves so fast I've not yet seen a reply...?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Cable Guy posted:

In the Mid Journey discord how do you find the bots effort at your prompt? I've tried a couple of times but the discord channel moves so fast I've not yet seen a reply...?

you can invite the midjourney bot into your own server, I set one up just for it

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Cable Guy posted:

There is an inbox button up at the top right of Discord that (two buttons to the right of search) should have your @mentions, the bot should tag you and you can use that navigation to get to the post

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Wow, there seems to be some twitter drama regarding Stable Diffusion, the @StableDiffusion account has been suspended. I wasn't able to find anything conclusive, but it might be artists mass-reporting the account. That is just a community account, the official account is @StabilityAI and is still up.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Yeah these AIs raise some uncomfortable ethical questions. While I personally don't think that they will displace artists I can totally see why they're upon arms about it.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Wheany posted:

Wow, there seems to be some twitter drama regarding Stable Diffusion, the @StableDiffusion account has been suspended. I wasn't able to find anything conclusive, but it might be artists mass-reporting the account. That is just a community account, the official account is @StabilityAI and is still up.

First mass production and robotics automated a bunch of blue collar jobs and I didn't care because everything was super cheap.

Then business analytics turned the world into a dystopian nightmare and I didn't care because I got a five dollar voucher from Target when they decided I was pregnant.

Then machine learning automated my creative job and I went "why would technology do this to me".

I guess I'm just super frustrated watching artists getting lovely about ML when technology has been loving over more transactional or process driven jobs for decades. I guess they haven't been hypocritical, just ignorant of what's going on around them but it still pisses me off a bit.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lord Stimperor posted:

Yeah these AIs raise some uncomfortable ethical questions.

Sure, but are these different from the ones that came up when radio or record players got introduced? Cause those, for better or worse, are considered settled by society in favor of technology.

Party Ape posted:

First mass production and robotics automated a bunch of blue collar jobs and I didn't care because everything was super cheap.

Then business analytics turned the world into a dystopian nightmare and I didn't care because I got a five dollar voucher from Target when they decided I was pregnant.

Then machine learning automated my creative job and I went "why would technology do this to me".

I guess I'm just super frustrated watching artists getting lovely about ML when technology has been loving over more transactional or process driven jobs for decades. I guess they haven't been hypocritical, just ignorant of what's going on around them but it still pisses me off a bit.

They probably genuinely thought that they would be one of the last to go, decades into the future. Can't blame them. I was genuinely surprised by what dall-e 2 can do. I expected that something like this was still at least a decade away.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

GABA ghoul posted:

They probably genuinely thought that they would be one of the last to go, decades into the future. Can't blame them. I was genuinely surprised by what dall-e 2 can do. I expected that something like this was still at least a decade away.

Yeah if you had told me even a year ago that we'd have automated artists that could draw almost anything you wanted before we had automated trains, a vehicle that goes on a set track at set times, I would not have believed you

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Stimperor posted:

Yeah these AIs raise some uncomfortable ethical questions. While I personally don't think that they will displace artists I can totally see why they're upon arms about it.

it's gonna raise even more concerns when people find out they are simulating real artist brains and running them in an accelerated hell-dimension in order to make these AI drawings

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Ceramic Shot posted:

I really like those. More upscaling and filters would have given it a sharper, more defined look I guess?

edit: The other day I was thinking about how 40k-esque these new image-AIs are. Like, finessing the algorithm to get it to produce the image you want feels like an odd combination of technical know-how (which filters/commands cause what to happen) and associative imagination, completely independent of understanding how the code is working on a fundamental level. Sometimes with my choice of words and attempts at creating a certain lighting or mood, it feels a bit like a tech priest waving incense censers at a piece of tech, while other times I seem to stumble on a "magic word" whose associative significance to the AI is lost on me.

That's my impression as a code-illiterate person who's really fascinated by this stuff, anyway.

I prompted this one with something like "complex dorter trade city, antiquity fantasy style, ivalice, Akihiko Yoshida style, dark fantasy style, uphill street."

For me the most interesting thing about Midjourney is that a lot of it is just experimentally throwing in terms via your associative imagination and seeing what the magic well throws back at you. I'm getting better at manipulating it to get the type of images I want, but the learning process itself, and occasionally just going wild with strings of adjectives, is really magic.

I was thinking writing a forums CYOA-style game/story could be really fun using Midjourney.

Also, I read the bit about the "creative commons" in the online manual. It seems like as long as you're not a company making $1 million+, you could for example use these images combined with something like the makeplayingcards.com website and publish a board game using this art with no issue? (Assuming you're not using images from a specific franchise, I mean.)

Yeah i need to get on this for my CYOAs, i'm convinced

Anybody got advice on how to get started?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

THere's no stopping it

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

GABA ghoul posted:

Sure, but are these different from the ones that came up when radio or record players got introduced? Cause those, for better or worse, are considered settled by society in favor of technology.

I absolutely expected medical AI's before art AI's.

How long until we have music AI's? I have a v small twitch stream where I broadcast my "teach an AI to fly a plane project" when it's training and I need some cool dynamically generated beats.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007

Zutaten posted:

Yeah if you had told me even a year ago that we'd have automated artists that could draw almost anything you wanted before we had automated trains, a vehicle that goes on a set track at set times, I would not have believed you

We have the tech for automated trains now though, what we don't have is the political will to invest money in automated trains (or any trains).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Party Ape posted:

How long until we have music AI's?

weeks I think, SD keep teasing an audio AI and I'm hoping it's music and not just fancy text to speech you can train on a real person to nail their voice.

Just give it time stamps for my favorite parts of songs and make infinite variations of songs like that but not remixes. Now I have an afternoon playlist.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Maybe Craiyon is getting a little better, but many of these still look like something sewn on to Godrick the Grafted.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

GABA ghoul posted:

I can't tell if these are better or worse than previous advances, no one can. The cassette tape also lead to widespread copying and piracy of music - and through that, paved the way for an explosion of creativity and the emergence of entire new genres of music.

The Facebook algorithm, by contrast, implanted worms in the brains of millions of people. You win some, you lose some.

My hope (and through wishful thinking also expectation) is that these AIs are not going to displace artists. First of all, they are just regurgitating input that already exists. If you want to create something new out of it, you have to put creative work into it. You have to basically do remix culture, but for visual art.

Second, I can't imagine that people are just cribbing all their D&D concept art or whatever from an AI. Sure you can get a couple of good images. But if you want an entire, internally consistent work you need to put in a significant amount of work yourself. Might just hire the original artist you're copying in that case.

But yeah, I guess when rap and electronic music artists were first taking samples from other musicians and turning those into something new, discussions must have been similar.

I'm hopeful but I definitely see why this is freaking out artists.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Party Ape posted:

I absolutely expected medical AI's before art AI's.

How long until we have music AI's? I have a v small twitch stream where I broadcast my "teach an AI to fly a plane project" when it's training and I need some cool dynamically generated beats.

That’s existed for a while now, just not in an easy input public facing way that these graphical ones are.

axolotl farmer posted:

Maybe Craiyon is getting a little better, but many of these still look like something sewn on to Godrick the Grafted.

It’s fascinating and poetic that the thing AI struggles the hardest to recreate visually is the most human prompts.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007

Lord Stimperor posted:

Second, I can't imagine that people are just cribbing all their D&D concept art or whatever from an AI. Sure you can get a couple of good images. But if you want an entire, internally consistent work you need to put in a significant amount of work yourself. Might just hire the original artist you're copying in that case.

This is where artists still have an edge. Ok, I got my cool painting of Snow White wearing power armour but I'll never be able to get the AI to generate a painting of the same character in other situations such as might be required for my fictional web comic "Snow White and the seven brood matriarchs".

It'll be a new slightly different looking Captain S White each time, ruining my continuity (at least until an AI can generate an entire 10,000 strip comic in one go which is just a matter of when not if now.)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

^^^
This is going to be something that the AI companies will be able to charge people for. Being able to generate consistent characters or settings from a prompt.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Computer, load up Snow White and 7 Ferengi, high detail, incognito

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Oh Jesus :wtc: :barf:

Prompt: a normal human nose color photo

:nms: full size

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

That’s existed for a while now, just not in an easy input public facing way that these graphical ones are.

It’s fascinating and poetic that the thing AI struggles the hardest to recreate visually is the most human prompts.

to be fair, people can't draw hands properly either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

AI music is sort of a thing in remixing already. I posted this last year.

TSwift + Daft Punk mixed by the AI. Like most AI art its better than expected but flawed.

https://rave.dj/ku39jsqZvdsLjA