Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i'm thinking about getting cult of the lamb for switch, I assume it runs no problem given it doesn't look super graphics intensive?

Played for 10 hours, hitches a bit on return to the cult and on dawn of new days, saving through the menu pauses the game and makes the rumble go on strong for a solid 30s.

Don't know if my cultists ignoring jobs I've assigned them is a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1558448955146600448

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

SuddenCactus posted:

Don't know if my cultists ignoring jobs I've assigned them is a bug

Looks like typical sim AI.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Both of my boys trippin hard right there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Luigi givin his bro a tug.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to include the 30 minutes worth of boss fights in between too

Xenogear Solid 4

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Morpheus posted:

First of all, if you are transferring Animal Crossing, make sure you do it from within the Transfer Tool (downloaded separately) - the normal system transfer does not transfer that game. RIP my AC village.

Apart from that, you will be able to transfer individual accounts, which includes saves. Super easy, the switch walks you through everything.

Second, both of you create accounts on both machines. On the machine that you will be playing, set it as your wife's primary. To do this, first make sure you are not primary (go into the eshop, go into your account settings and there's a button near the button to deregister the system as your primary). Then go into the eshop using her account.

On the machine that your wife is playing, set it as your primary.

Now, since you are playing on your wife's primary system, you can play all of her games, and as long as you are logged into your account, you can also play your games. This only works as long as you have a connection to wifi, as it will check to see if you're able to play your games before starting them

Thanks!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Sakurazuka posted:

Water Temple because I forgot you could look up

Plus I think there was a removable block behind the chest you get after the mini boss. I scanned the whole dungeon like 10 times before finding it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Believe it or not, that actually turned out to be an outlier. All the other NPC's have much better facial rigging.

And voice acting.

no they dont. the entire game is people sounding like theyre about to fall aslepe while the npc faces flaop around randomly. absoltuely horrific game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

minya posted:

So how is everyone enjoying XB3? I played the first one and enjoyed it a lot, especially the wide open zones, the music, and the weird MMORPG-style combat. I didn’t care for the side quests or the story at all really, I found it totally overwrought and hard to follow. I didn’t end up finishing the game but overall definitely enjoyed the time I spent with it.

Didn’t play the second, but from reviews, seems like 3 is good but even more overbaked story- and cutscene-wise than the first? I might be OK with that if the combat and zones are really good.

its god likeop. play it immediately

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tae posted:

Nah, stay away from it if your response to cutscenes is "get away from me asap" cause one chapter literally ends with 3 hours

That part of the game is a marathon but it’s probably the best part of the game too so :shrug:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
XB1 and 2 had good music and I've heard that 3 is significantly less cringeworthy than 2, but I still can't imagine wanting to actually play it if the gameplay is at all similar to the first two.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Xb3 is extremely good but you shouldn’t play it if you are a cutscene skipper. I’m not usually a completionist but I’ve been doing all of the side quests and content as they become available because they’re interesting and good imo

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1558851189151674369

One of those 'it never goes on sale' ones

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bleck posted:

XB1 and 2 had good music and I've heard that 3 is significantly less cringeworthy than 2, but I still can't imagine wanting to actually play it if the gameplay is at all similar to the first two.

Xenoblade 2’s combat system is actually pretty fun tbqh. You just need to play for like a year for the game to finish dripfeeding out its mechanics and then watch multiple video guides explaining how poo poo works because the in-game tutorials are horrible

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Augus posted:

Xenoblade 2’s combat system is actually pretty fun tbqh. You just need to play for like a year for the game to finish dripfeeding out its mechanics and then watch multiple video guides explaining how poo poo works because the in-game tutorials are horrible

It's simple in design, but real dense in execution;

Build up Elemental Combos by following the three-step chains to create an Elemental Orb over the enemy

Stack elemental orbs on your opponent this way, last element in your combo is the element of the Orb created, so you want a good breadth of elements in your Blades but be able to keep a few easy combos in your pocket as go-to's.

When you have enough Orbs, initiate a Chain Attack to smash the orbs for Big Damage.

Repeat until target is dead.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's simple in design, but real dense in execution;

Build up Elemental Combos by following the three-step chains to create an Elemental Orb over the enemy

Stack elemental orbs on your opponent this way, last element in your combo is the element of the Orb created, so you want a good breadth of elements in your Blades but be able to keep a few easy combos in your pocket as go-to's.

When you have enough Orbs, initiate a Chain Attack to smash the orbs for Big Damage.

Repeat until target is dead.

yeah it’s just that the game explains this all by giving you like 5 poorly-worded text boxes at once that you only get one chance to read and then there is no way in-game to look back at them again, and a lot of useful information is buried beneath multiple layers of menus or just never explained at all.

The fact that pouch items can speed up the pace of battle by a huge amount isn’t clear. A lot of blades have attacks with special properties that the game doesn’t tell you about. Most status effects are never explained. Spike damage is never explained and there’s no visual indicator that an enemy will deal spike damage. Buffs and debuffs don’t have any UI indicators besides an easily-missed popup when they are activated that goes away after a second. Fusion combos are barely even mentioned. And you need to be constantly checking and rechecking the affinity charts for your blades in order to see objectives that are not tracked anywhere else which, if you forget to do, will keep your blade from unlocking extremely important and useful upgrades.

The mechanics are fun but the conveyance of them is just awful.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I understand where yall come from but i dont want to watch such videos cuz im scared melia will become harder then "use all her orbs then use the super attack"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mandatory lesbian posted:

I understand where yall come from but i dont want to watch such videos cuz im scared melia will become harder then "use all her orbs then use the super attack"

Im specifically talking about 2 here, 1 does a decent enough job explaining the basics of each character and you can go back and review the tutorials at any time if you’re confused or forgot something. For some reason 2 took a huge step backwards in that area and the tutorials are way worse but also take way longer.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the biggest roadblock against me getting back into xbc2 is how ugly it is. such expansive environments rendered into smeary incoherence and a frame rate that seldom makes it above 25

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's also loving terrible

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Xenoblade 2 becomes a good game after a while but it takes a lot of time investment to get to that point and the game heavily frontloads all of its worst traits so I can't fault anyone for tapping out early, because I did too and if it weren't for XB3 I probably wouldn't have given it another chance

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Augus posted:

Xenoblade 2 becomes a good game after a while but it takes a lot of time investment to get to that point

Any game that takes "a lot of time investment" to get to the point where it's good is still bad.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sigher posted:

Any game that takes "a lot of time investment" to get to the point where it's good is still bad.

It reminds me of how people swore FF13 gets good. Once you get to the post-game. You just need to finish the entire game first though. But like, 5 xbox 360 DVDs later, and it'll all be worth it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You could just get the PS3 version on one bluray with better quality movies

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sigher posted:

Hrist posted:

It reminds me of how people swore FF13 gets good. Once you get to the post-game. You just need to finish the entire game first though. But like, 5 xbox 360 DVDs later, and it'll all be worth it.

i am not giving my professional journalistic peer reviewed letter grade score review of xenoblade chronicles 2 to scientifically prescribe whether you should spend your money on it or not. i am just saying that there are parts of the game that are good.
maybe emulate the game and use cheat codes to get around the bad parts if you want, or don't, i don't care

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
FFXIII started good actually

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

hatty posted:

FFXIII started good actually

It did, and then the battle system gets introduced.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, the best part of the game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ff13 is poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ff13 is poo poo.

The Pulse Fal'Cie propaganda, right here

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BisterdDave posted:

It did, and then the battle system gets introduced.

you thought the good part was the trainwreck of a story and the bad part was launching robots 100 ft into the air? ok

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

13 is a good concept but tragically simple. It gets refined and pushed a little further in 13-2, but I've never been a fan of the budget JRPG staple of having a party be 2 actual characters + a pet or two that gets replaced every 5 levels.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...I can't think of any other JRPGs that do that.

Tales of Symphonia 2 maybe?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's still two too many!!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sakurazuka posted:

I keep forgetting that game got a sequel; i never even beat the first one.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

You could say the vita version of ffx2 (and subsequent rereleases) plays in that space. Altho i did ignore it entirely for my playthru

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sigher posted:

not always ac tually.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

sigher posted:

It doesn't take that long. Just plow into chapter 3 to unlock the mercenary system, get a couple story-mandatory rare blades, increase the rate you'll start seeing core drops, and really pick up the rate you can interact with XBC2's other systems. Ba-da-bing, XBC2's gameplay really starts to pick up. Chapter 4 is where the plot stops meandering and starts to focus in too, and you can get there in two-three not-bad hours if you don't dump a bunch of time poking around in Gormott on your first trip where you'll feel the early stages of the game start to wear thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
what's so cool about all the Xenoblade games is how the combat is focused on momentum. Every encounter starts off a little slow with few options and low damage. But as it goes on your options open up dramatically, you get new cool things to do , and your damage goes from plinky little 100s of sword damage to 100,000+ orbital laser shots

So your mastery of the combat is all about manipulating this momentum. You may want to extend it as long as possible to get the damage numbers astronomically high, to the point where you can kill a super boss in a single combo. Or you might want to ramp up as fast as possible, going from swords to orbital lasers with a few seconds and completing ruining a trash mob's day

It rules so hard, but on the flipside there's nothing more aggravating when your momentum is getting interrupted, or you don't realize how to keep it going. It's like being stuck in 1st gear on the highway. So I can definitely see why some people bounce off of it