Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Sonic has like 200 flavors of weird poo poo you can put into slushes/milkshakes so that doesn’t really surprise me. I had a chocolate jalapeńo milkshake at a Sonic in DE a few years back and it wasn’t all that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

:psyboom:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god those are realdolls aren’t they?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah. Took me a minute but that’s absolutely what that is

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

My first thought seeing this was "Oh, it's just some preteen kid who's a bit too into that show, not too bad" before the horrifying realization that it's almost certainly a middle aged man. :gonk:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Then you realize it’s his living room and out in the open for all to see.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cartoon Man posted:

Then you realize it’s his living room and out in the open for all to see.

No one visits

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inceltown posted:

No one visits

Except us, peering in through the window

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Captain Hygiene posted:

Except us, peering in through the window

:sickos:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cartoon Man posted:

I think they're mannequins, you can see the joints at the shoulders

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the curse here is that it makes kid rock look downright normal

edit: content

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 13, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bad Purchase posted:

the curse here is that it makes kid rock look downright normal

edit: content

I have seen this video

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
can't stop my sebaceous secretions tho

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Every regulation is written in blood urine, fecal matter, and mucus

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Quotation marks doing some heavy lifting on that BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF HEALTH

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Where the hell did the quotation marks mean EMPHASIS thing come from?

I swear in the last 5 years it's popped up everywhere and it's so loving annoying.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Sonic has like 200 flavors of weird poo poo you can put into slushes/milkshakes so that doesn’t really surprise me. I had a chocolate jalapeńo milkshake at a Sonic in DE a few years back and it wasn’t all that bad.

I wish half their flavorings weren't sugar free. I wanna try a Peach Dr. Pepper but I can't stand artificial sugar.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Anime Liker posted:

I swear in the last 5 years it's popped up everywhere and it's so loving annoying.

Like using ellipses for periods, it was started by boomers on social media.

Content:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Anime Liker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdkkTV3pIa0&t=18s

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yaldabaoth posted:

Like using ellipses for periods, it was started by boomers on social media.

What? No, quote marks for emphasis have been around on signs forever, people just do it on social media too because they also forget basic grammar rules.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Hygiene posted:

What? No, quote marks for emphasis have been around on signs forever, people just do it on social media too because they also forget basic grammar rules.

See also the BBC headlines

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Captain Hygiene posted:

In my defense, I've never seen a sign that uses quote marks for emphasis in my neck of the woods. It was always for an actual quote.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
poo poo that quote mark stuff is old as poo poo, like a hundred years or prob more

Also chocolate + spicy was the og way to do it before there was even milk for that shake so yeah it'd prob be good

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That reminds me of the shitheads who used to post here that really loving loved that show. I'm talking grown rear end adults making every excuse to love the show, like saying they loved the music or that is was the first kids show shot in HD, and I think it turned out they were loving creeps in the end.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The Anime Liker posted:

Seems like its derived from scare quotes. I assume when people read scare quotes they misunderstood them as being used for emphasis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

TontoCorazon posted:

That reminds me of the shitheads who used to post here that really loving loved that show. I'm talking grown rear end adults making every excuse to love the show, like saying they loved the music or that is was the first kids show shot in HD, and I think it turned out they were loving creeps in the end.

Shocking.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

The Anime Liker posted:

There's a hardware store in my town that does that.
They have screensavers on all computers in the store that are supposed to remind employees about the store policies, and it leads to hilarious messages like:

I will "always" have time to help a customer.
When I'm busy, I will "immediately" find someone else to help a customer.
I will make sure to quote a customer the "correct" price of an item.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

TontoCorazon posted:

There was a "thing" about that back in the mid 2000's, especially on 4chan and ytmnd.com.

https://tellusajoke.ytmnd.com/

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Bula Vinaka posted:

There was a "thing" about that back in the mid 2000's, especially on 4chan and ytmnd.com.

https://tellusajoke.ytmnd.com/

Cursed site. Has that garbage ymntd thing ever been anything better than glitchy, half-loaded video with 3-bit sound at 120db?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Chrpno posted:

Cursed site. Has that garbage ymntd thing ever been anything better than glitchy, half-loaded video with 3-bit sound at 120db?

Please do not besmirch ytmnd, as it is an international treasure and internet time capsule.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Reading the EULA many times is very OSHA.

https://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
A modeling gig is a modeling gig, I guess

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076214/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Seems like the tagline should be ANTS: THEY CRAWL ON TITS.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f07-3k8pkm4

It's amazing how many different ways there are to fall to your death in this video.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1558501622082412544

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I hate this world so much.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

you're missing out if you don't click the Business Insider article with shitloads of pictures from the gift shop

choice quotes:
When Mirk visited the base earlier this year, the local library was hosting an Escape Room — "not ironically," she noted.

Less serious T-shirt options are also available. Here's a shirt depicting a shocked-looking minion — from the "Despicable Me" movie franchise — with the words "Guantanamo Bay" on its chin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

"She-Hulk wants to SMASH!"